Thread: First Time Out In Public.

First Time Out In Public.

Hi everyone.
    May I share my story of the first time I went out in public.
    Firstly, I have tried for years to suppress the urge to cross dress. Why, I guess that's for another discussion.
    Over the years, I have got some clothes, or night wear, and worn it for very short periods, but was so afraid of getting caught, that I would get rid of the clothes quickly.
    For example, I would get a nighty and would wear it to bed, while still living with my parents, but would be afraid that the house would catch on fire, and when escaping would be seen.
    Wearing a dress or skirt while driving, only at night, and would be afraid that someone would smash into my car.
    So the clothes would literally last just days.

Anyways, no family members of friends know.
    And I don't like to keep secrets from my wife, but she just would not be able to deal with it, not yet anyways.

So, the story, and this is just 2 weeks ago.
    My older sister was down from the country and school holidays were coming up.
    She suggested that we all come up for a few days.
    I could not because of work commitments, but I suggested that my wife could and the kids, if they all wanted to.
    Well, they all thought that was a great idea, and then it snapped, in my head, I knew right there and then what I was going to do.
    Michelle was coming home, thats what it felt like.
    I had about a week before the family was going away.
    Well , what does a girl do, Shopping.
    The more I thought about it , the more right it felt.
    I shopped online, and bought clothes
    I went to op shops, and I bought a dress. Bugger when I got it home, one size too small. But now I knew what size I was.
    I got the courage up to go to the shopping centres.
    Large department store was as good as I muster up the courage.
    I happened to be in one such chain store, and walk through the womens wear, and there it was.
    A black dress. I just love black dresses.
    So after walking past it about 5 times, I picked up one of the rack in my size and scurried to the self serve checkout.
    Oh, what an amazing experience.
    Another store, found a skirt and top.
    Got home, and when no one was around, tried them on , and wow, I felt , well, Normal.
    So now , I am just waiting for the weekend.
    The family left Friday morning. Friday night, I slept in my new nightie, what was wrong with me, why had I not done this since I got married.
    Saturday morning. I was due to log off at midday. You think that wasn't the longest saturday morning ever.
    Saturday, 12:30, now I am not working. I only have to answer the 2 mobile phones and deal with situations from there.shower, dry, and new underwear, stocking, and my lovely black dress.
    Opened a bottle of red wine that I had been saving for myself.
    Had been a busy week and after a couple of glasses of red, was feeling great but tired.
    Have a nanny nap for a little while.
    Woke up again around5:30, oh, and in my this little black dress, that i never want to take off again.
    Bugger this, I forgot shoes. Hey, why long boots that I wear when I ride my Harley.
    Looking good, but I got a crew cut, and I feel like actually going out. (might be the empty bottle of red talking here).

Wig, yes a wig, managed to find a store still open with a wig that sounds okay.
    Cant drive though, drank to much red.
    I knew a friend that was going out about 6, and he said he would pick me up and take me to the shops.
    Damn, had to take the dress off, pull some jeans over the stockings, and put a shirt and jumper on. lucky, and bought the wig.
    Managed to hitch a ride home from a lovely man, see chivalry not completely lost in this world.
    Get inside, get those horrible jeans off, dress back on, wig on, boots on.
    Opened another bottle of red. Needed a bit more courage.
    It's now getting dark outside. I reckon I can sneak out without the neighbours seeing me.
    Okay, no bag, I'll leave the mobile phones at home. I'm just gonna go for a walk for about a half hour, then come back home,make some dinner
    and watch a DVD. A girls night in. Sounds great.
    So armed with just my new found confidence and a front door key, I sneak out.
    I walked throughout the neighbourhood, and out onto the main road. I FELT GREAT.
    Oh, I just got a toot from a passing motorists, boosted this girls confidence.
    Walking on , onto another main road, and there some blokes doing some night road works. Got a whistle, wow Michelle, you must look half decent.
    Walking a little further for about 20mins now , and , then it happened, ah shit.
    I rolled my left ankle. Went down like an old woman that let go of her walking frame.
    Crap, skidded on my knee. Tried to get up, but could put any pressure on my left foot.
    Stocking torn and thats quite a bit of blood there coming out of the knee.
    Pulling my self up the wire fence vertical. Oh I can't walk.
    I got no phone with me. I never go out without one of them.
    Who would I ring anyway.?
    Well, it took me 90 mins to hobble home. The pain was immense, but I had to get home.
    At least I didn't rip my lovely black dress.
    I didn't make a nice dinner, and I didn't watch a DVD.
    I took some pain killers and passed out on the couch.
    Other that the ankle, I felt great, content, I don't know how to explain it.
    But I couldn't tell anyone the full story.
    You lovely people are the only ones I can tell.
    Sorry it went on so long, and I tried to keep it simple.
    I hope I posted this in the right area too.
    Maybe some day i won't have to keep it all secret, but until then , Michelle will no longer be suppressed, and will walk again, soon too.

Thanks for listening.

Bless you all, lots of love,
    Michelle...

Michelle...sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. Sounds like a lovely time, and hopefully you can catch one or two days of Michelle before the family comes home

Michelle, you painted a good picture and I an sorry it went all pear shaped for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Michelle,

So sorry to hear of your fall and your injury! I hope you are on the mend.

But it sounds like you had a wonderful time right up to that moment! Looking forward to hearing of your future adventures!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    Michelle,
    It's great that you were able to have a opportunity to get out and enjoy yourself. Hope you get better soon and can do it again. I know how hard it can be to have to hide it from people who are close to you. But rest assured you are among friends here who understand. Take care.
    aka.
    Michelle

Thank you for sharing! You brightened my day and left me with a big silly grin!

The injuries will heal but the fabulous memories will be with you forever!

May you find joy in your life!

wow thank you for sharing. i was totally relating to you as i felt the anxiety of shopping out in public. i loved the emotional and tense build up, and then my heart dropped when you hurt yourself. but then i was happy again, when i read your conclusion. keep on exploring and keep on finding yourself dear!

take care you!

Wink

Thank you all for your kind words.
    I felt I just had to tell someone the full story, and I am over the moon that you read it.
    The hoof is healing, lots of bruising still, but only a slight limp now.
    Yes, the memories will last a life time.
    I dont like to hide stuff from my family, but in this case I have to, and it 's not creating harm to anyone.
    I got next Tuesday and wednesday off, and no one will be home during the day.
    I think Michelle is going to come out and play, and I cant wait.
    Thanks again. I wish I could just give you all a big hug.
    Talk again soon.

Michelle.

Michelle,

Great story. Fellow drinker here.
    Luv it! Sounds like me all over.
    I laughed till I cried.
    All the horror and fear in one story. And it could have been just the way you told it. But, Excellent all around.
    I tripped over the baby gates we use for dog fences and fell. Cratered the knee.The wife watches and says , heels are hard to walk in. I said, b*tch. The dam* heels are not the problem, is these fences and all this crap u got in the way. She laughs. As I go limping off..
    ~Marcella~

I loved your story Michelle. I was on the edge of my seat towards the end wondering how it was going to end! So pleased for you that you ventured out, but sorry about your injury. Hope your next trip out is lots of fun and less pain!

Great story. Stories like these make the best memories. Hope you get more chances to get out.