Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soon it will be hot :-(

Soon it will be hot :-(

An I won't be able to dress as much as I have hairy legs and can't wear a shrug or anything with my dresses as it would look weird. My car also doesn't have air conditioning. Maybe my tassled wig hair will look sexy. Nah, probably not.

Gwendolyn

The heat is truly a downer. It's the only reason I do not like summer as dressing becomes limited. If I had air conditioning is would be different though
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Gwendolyn,
    You will have to exercise a summer mode for dressing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    Yes this is true, the bra-less look will be coming out of me, as I can not hide it
    under a heavy shirt or coat. But after the winter that would not die, I welcome spring.
    Rader

Shave those legs and bring on the heat! I'm ready to wear my sleeveless tops and skirts!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

We have had a perpetual Spring since the beginning of January. Today we get a taste of Summer with the temperature at 92. No cold weather, no nylons, yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwinnie View Post
    An I won't be able to dress as much as I have hairy legs and can't wear a shrug or anything with my dresses as it would look weird. My car also doesn't have air conditioning. Maybe my tassled wig hair will look sexy. Nah, probably not.

Gwendolyn
    Why not take a razor to those hairy legs? It is your choice. Once you remove the hair and enjoy the feeling you will never go back.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Long flowy skirts are great in the hot weather. Tank tops, and glued on boobs look and feel great. I think you should shave those gams, but ultimately that's your call.

There is one in every crowd and I am it! I hate cold. LUv the heat. Bring it on.
    80 yesterday and 50 today (yuk). But that's why I am a texas girl. Really wish it was a bit more tropical myself.
    Visions..........I see beach, drinks with little umbrellas, sun on the skin, waves splashing.
    Oh, guess the visions were from the drinks w/o the umbrellas. LOL.
    ~Marcella~

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Shave those legs and bring on the heat! I'm ready to wear my sleeveless tops and skirts!
    Hey don't forget chest and back for swimsuits and bikinis for getting tan lines !!!!

Aspiring Member
    I've been shaving my legs since, umm, gotta remember. I think it was 1987. I started shaving my arms last year. The reason? I am a special woman! No one has challeged me or asked but being good at making excuses, I'm also getting older. My hair has stopped growing. (Ya right!), and besides it looks so bad and spotty I decided to shave it. And the biggest lie of all? My body hair irritates my wife's skin when we make love. How's that???? LOL!

I love summer for the nice tops I have, yadda, yadda, yadda. I can wear my denim capris and pink flip-flops. (I wasn't thinking one day and my mother in law saw me. Oh well. No one said anything.) I save my white fur shrug for cooler times when I can put on a dress like a bank teller and be comfy at home.

Cheryl Ann

My legs are hairy so it's black opaque tights with black knee length skirt. It looks hot and I feel hot, but it's worth it for the girliness xxxx

it's finally hot enough to wear those summer dresses and light skirts! but it seems today that spring is still here and wont let go. which is just fine for me
    skirts rule pants drool!!

Gee, I wish it would hurry up! I was thinking about sitting out on my patio in a skirt and slinky top to enjoy the evening, but it's in the 40's here tonight! In central Texas no less! I'm still sitting out, but in a black leather jacket and long pants. Well, I do have on my breastforms and a ton of jewelry, but it just ain't the same! Sob!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I don't mind the summer as I get to wear cute summer dresses and strappy open toed sandals with smooth tanned legs. Ok, it gets pretty hot when I first get in the car, but the A/C soon cools me down. Then again, winter is "boot weather" and love wearing my knee high boots!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

There's nothing like the feel of silky hose on shaved legs.

I'm with you, summer is a bummer, less dressing, less outings. I tend to wear a couple of layers and I get way to sweaty in the summer for it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Gwendolyn, I just can't imagine having hairy legs and not dressing all summer.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwinnie
    Soon it will be hot :-(
    If it ever DOES get hot again, let me know! It’s late April, there’s snow on the ground (and on top of the grass that needs mowing), while I’m sitting close to a portable heater, letting the warm air blow up under my skirt. Oh well, at least I can keep wearing my cute sweaters for a while longer, and make believe its autumn, not spring. Here in Kansas, summer heat may break out at any moment, and that means I’ll be sitting in my storm shelter, listening for tornado sirens...

I love the summer sun and such, and stay outdoors as much as possible, but it does make crossdressing difficult if you want to leave the (air conditioned) house. Very, very few of us will pass as female in short shorts, tank tops, etc. You can shave your entire body (well some of us can), but you're not going to have the female shape that these clothes require. Dresses, skirts, and long sleeves cover a lot of maleness.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

The only thing I don't like about the heat is perspiring under my wig, especially if it's windy and I have to wear a ball cap. The wind may help with cooling but I hate my wig getting all messed up.
    I'm still wondering if I should go to my apartment pool in a bikini!! lol
    Last edited by aalynn88; 04-25-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Can't wait for hot weather! Just bought a fab new sun dress from Bettie Page Clothing .com, can't wait to wear it out. Maybe I will need a crinoline to fill out the full, knee-length skirt. Ooh!

Aspiring Member
    It's already unseasonably warm for April. What's "hot"? We usually see a few days on the far side of 100°F, and a lot in the 90s, through the summer, but it seems to be getting warmer sooner. Our ski season was truncated by about a full month this year, and the spring wildflowers and grasses seem to be wilting a lot sooner than they used to.

Effect on CD? Negligible. A bit of a project to tan the upper arms and avoid a farmer's tan for sleeveless tops: use 55+ spf at all times below the short-sleeve line and none above; spend some dedicated private time in the sun in tank tops so the upper arms and shoulders keep up with the slowly developing tan below the sleeve line; a little dark-beige makeup can work wonders to blend and blur the line.

A lot of golf takes care of tanning my legs, which get a lot of extra moisturizer in summer. Shave carefully and tan 'em up, and even my mid-60s veiny gams don't look half bad. Look around at women your age and you'll see few perfect legs. Kinda stuck with the white feet, though. Those foot tanners you see advertised in the golf mags are pricey; again, a little makeup can ease the transition.

I actually think the summer clothes are more fun, but I'm probably luckier than most here about shape and proportions and smoothness, so showing more skin works for me. I love tank tops, spaghetti-strap tops, girls' shorts, light airy skirts of many lengths, and I adore my skorts and sundresses. Cheap casual flat sandals from Payless. I've grown my own hair out to shoulder-blade length and only use a light hairpiece on top, so hot wigs aren't a problem.

I'm glad I live where there are seasons. I prefer the cooler months, but summer has its joys, like a cool evening summer breeze up one's skirt...

Tommorow is expected to be our first real spring day. Winter dragged on a extra month this year. Prep list:
    Check shaving job on legs√
    Paint toenails√
    Capri pants ironed√
    Boobs glued on for wearing cami tommorow√
    Spring purse found, and stocked√
    Rope soled wedges dug out from under bed√
    Lunch reservations for tommorow√
    I'm ready, bring on some sunshine!

I am like Gwinnie in that my opportunities to dress over the summer will be restricted. My kids are coming back from university. Although one has decided to do a summer term and the other will be spending time at her mother's, I will have less time to myself.

One decision I have to make is regarding my legs. Over this winter, I have been "introducing" a cleaner look to my legs. I started to shorten and thin out the hair. Then I started to shave the lower legs, with the intent of going completely shaved. Essentially I did not want to make a huge and obvious change. So far, I have received no comments from friends at my club of 12 years. One option is to let my lower legs match the upper legs. The other is to stay the way I am and answer any question from the kids with "I like it this way". As I have been keeping the tan from our Christmas holiday, I can use that as a (feeble) rationale.