Thread: Parents of TGs

Parents of TGs

The insight that GGs provide on this forum is invaluable, but as far as I can tell no parents of TGs have become regular posters.

Watching Jessica Who and her mother on VH1, I found myself wishing that I could hear mom's perspective, and ask her questions.

Does anybody have a parent who is supportive enough to visit here and give us a new perspective?
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

I have not told my Mother yet because I fear it will break her heart.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

No help here, my parents are rednecks. As such they have no clue. Well maybe mom knows something is amiss.
    ~Marcella~

My parents are accepting/supportive, but unfortunately they're just not the kind of people who would jump onto an internet forum.

"Jessica Who", is an outstanding and outgoing personality.
    Her parents were probably conditioned by her a long time ago.
    It would make an interesting story in itself.

As for the rest of us we have parents who have little concept of the internet let alone publishing their thoughts on it.
    I have had to write emails for old people who want to know about craft and woodwork tips on the internet.
    Most want to start with their name and address up in the top left hand corner and start the conversation with Dear Sir, or madam as the case may be.
    I would welcome a forward thinking parent here myself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My mom would probably join the forum, as for being an active poster...probably not.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Silver Member
    My mother would be willing... but she cannot even turn a computer on (literally), much less use a web forum. I tried to get her interested in using the internet, but she has zero interest in anything to do with computers at all.