Thread: I Love Girl Talk

girly girl

I Love Girl Talk

Today I admitted to a female coworker that the reason I recently got my hair dyed and highlighted was because I wanted my hair to look like hers. She really does have beautiful hair.

My hair is not as full as hers, nor is it cut fem like hers, but her base color and highlights are now similar to mine. (my hair is longer though, hee hee) I am 44 years old and have never dyed my hair until now.

Revealing something like this probably seems like a minor thing to many of you but to me it was thrilling. Liberating, even. To my delight, she seemed quite flattered when she lowered her eyes and responded to my admission, "Awhhhhh".

Then for the next 5 or 10 minutes, I listened to myself talking with her about highlighting/lowlighting techniques, her hair and my hair. It was surreal. Several candid minutes of girl talk with a GG and it was just wonderful to let it out. I have never had "girl talk" like that before with someone other than my GG GF, who is the only one who knows my little secret. For a moment or two I was just one of the girls, and it was heavenly. I want more!

I've always been drawn to the kitchen, with the girls, rather than cavorting with the guys. I'd rather talk recipes than football. Anything girlie.

At my previous job (truck driver), there was a GG driver, that every time she had a crisis, she made the dispatchers route us so our paths would cross, and she could talk to me. She said I was a better girl for that than any real girl. I took that as a compliment!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I get jealous when I hear GGs talking about clothes. I would love to participate but I don't see any way to do it without seeming really weird.

The best way to engage in girl talk without weirding them out is be dressed and wait to be invited into the conversation.
    There is a danger, once you are in the conversation, try getting out of it.
    It can be hard and the more convincing you are as a girl the more difficult it is to extricate yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I, too, absolutely adore girl talk, and just like Leah Lynn I much prefer being with a group of girls than the men. I quite often go out for meals with two or three girls and I savour those occasions. We're all old friends and colleagues. The conversation inevitably gets on to girly things - I don't think they realise just how much I enjoy those moments!

All of my life I have gravitated to the girls when in any gathering. Even as a shild and teenager. I was in the kitchen, or around the dinner table with the women and never with the guys. I just have more in common with their interests.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Hi,

Sorry you dont feel its okay to talk about dresswear ,if not ,why not its not uncommon for men to talk clothes, look at the fashon & whos talking there,

you know i do because of the groups im in look at it as a group detail okay you all know i push for joining groups , so why not we have Victorian & our Edweardian groups look at some of the hire out shops ask them if they know of groups .

Okay you wont do a sewing group theres an opening there join one youll have lots in common , what else a thearter group A mad hatters group. lovely hats & dress's the red hats, just so lovely ya ya i know i do thier photography as well.& one guy was with them as the driver, some neat pics,

Im so sorry i cant show you the pics, youd all love them, id love to,

...noeleena...

I was always hanging with my mom and my aunts at family gatherings. I used to visit my godmother everyother week and have a 2-3 hour chat over coffee. We would gossip about the family. If she only knew about amy. It was alot of fun.

Aspiring Member
    I, too really like girl talk. I have been in stores and talked about panties with the woman next to me. I have had bra conversations while getting fitted or short talks while checking out. It's always nice to talk to a GG about girl clothes.

Silver Member
    Most of my life I have "drifted" towards the GG groups, and often contributed to their conversations. Those early education days I enjoyed "dressing" but no one knew my true feminine feelings as I thought I was a freak. Some girls probably guessed my secret but never asked directly. Through the years I have become a close friend and a "fashion advisor" to some of those GGs. They still enjoy my "guy" input on a lot of GG issues, and I enjoy their views and acceptance of my feminine side.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnR View Post
    I, too, absolutely adore girl talk, and just like Leah Lynn I much prefer being with a group of girls than the men. I quite often go out for meals with two or three girls and I savour those occasions. We're all old friends and colleagues. The conversation inevitably gets on to girly things - I don't think they realise just how much I enjoy those moments!
    Lynn as I read Leah's and your response I see myself there. Always been more comfortable with the women than the men. It's a natural for me. Glad to know others have found the same comfort zone.
    "Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions.", Jules Michelet, French historian
    Take care and God bless, Josie06[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    All of my life I have gravitated to the girls when in any gathering. Even as a child and teenager. I was in the kitchen, or around the dinner table with the women and never with the guys. I just have more in common with their interests.
    I still do that to this day

Aspiring Member
    I have a few GG friends who know about me and I enjoy being part of the "girl" team! I have some of the best conversations with them talking about girl things! I sure don't want to sit with any guys taking sports or anything guy related unless I HAVE to! Yuk!

Cheryl

Hell every time I open my Mouth its Girl talk ,, I wouldn't even know what someone was talking about if they started talking about sports ,,lol,, You might as well be speaking another Language ,,lol,,, An that no lie ,, I never talked about anything sports related,, Not even as a kidd . I hurry up an tell woman about myself an how an why I am the way I am so they will understand an let me into the club an not feel funny around me . Once they know its crazy how fast there outlook changes about you an most of the time they will welcome you in . Maybe if they were in a crowd or peer pressured they wouldn't but 99% of the time they do .
    Just a moment of wonderfulness an I take everyone I can get an love to talk an be treated as one of the club even just for a short time . Feels so natural an I fall right into the conversation an sometimes they even forget I am a male even if it is just for a second or two . I guess you have to take what you can get ?

Aspiring Member
    You're a cool gal Stacy! I've enjoyed the brief PM's we've had. I only wish some of the girls could look beyond my male facade to forget I'm male and just carry on as usual. LOL!

Cheryl