Thread: Hands

Hands

Some of us have nice fine and feminine hands...but
    some of us have more masculine hands and that could
    be a "problem" so to speak. It could be a dead give away.

How do you hide or disguise them or make them appear more feminine ?
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

Banned Read only
    Hands are not a concern of mine, so admittedly, I am only guessing. Obviously, nothing can be done about size, but typically a man's hands might be a bit "beat up" and most likely pretty hairy. So I think as a minimum, getting rid of the hair and wearing work gloves whenever doing "manly type" chores would be a start. The hair could quite easily be eliminated gradually and no one would notice unless one has gorilla like hands.

And, [at the very least] "decently manicured" nails are a must for someone hoping/looking to pass.

I have slender looking hands.
    No problem there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I keep my nails manicure well with a nail strengthening clear polish on them. I also epilate the hair up to my wrist bone. I keep the hair on my arms trimmed to about 2mm. This looks very passable since many GGs have hair on their arms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Banned Read only
    Aside from shaving the back of your hands and applying nail polish, I am assuming you may have a problem with big mitts. If you're out for a stroll or at the mall, I recommend having your hands across your waist and having a shawl draped over them.

Being in this "business" we have to be a magician of sorts.Part of that is practicing the art of misdirection. We do things to minimize the look or cleverly conceal it. Our particular needs are individual in nature. One thing that helps is using the principles of CI (continuous improvement) and applying methods of SPC (statistical process control). CDing is, after all, a process. If we approach things from a practical perspective, we can improve the results.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

i have found longer nails help make my hands look a bit more girly.

with arthritis my knuckles are always bigger than even normal, sad but the glue on or stick on nails are over priced, i try to grow my real nails but in my line of work longer nails suffer.

Use a good hand cream regularly, and keep your nails manicured, or at the very least wear a good set of false nails.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

There is no cure for big hands so you need to do little things so they aren't noticed as much.Don't wear anything big on your wrist .Keep your bracelets and watch etc small or none at all.Tone your nail polish down.Don't draw the eye to your hands.I try and keep my thumb in and my hand in a bit of a cup.Makes them look smaller .Keep them on your lap when sitting.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I shave the back of my hands, adding some french tip nails, add two rings ladies weeding set to my left hand and no more than 1 ring to my right hand. Depending on where I'm going I'll add a ladies watch and possibly some bracelets.

Yes! Shaving and manicures and lotion on a regular basis is a good start. I find a few bracelets that are thin and not too chunky are a nice way to transition from my slender wrists to my rather large mannish hands. Longer fingernails lengthen the fingers, but really bright nail polish draws the eye to them. I try to keep it subtle.

And here's another question that I hope doesn't hijack the thread, but I have very veined hands, a lot of women's hands are smooth. Does HRT help even out hands over time as more body fat is distributed?

Darla

The answer lies in the movie 'prescilla queen of the dessert'. Always carry a HUGE margarita, makes the hands look smaller.

I don't try to hide them, I just live with the mitts I was "handed" at birth.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

A polar bear walks into a bar, and says 'I'll have a .................................................. ..........................................beer'.
    The bar keep replies 'Why the big pause?'
    'Just born with them I guess'.

My SO and I are a little odd. I have hug hands with super long fingers. He has super soft and feminine hands. I am jealous. He also has the smaller feet, so he can find heels that fit. I cannot. Guess we just have play the hand (so to speak) we're dealt.
    If it's easy, it's not worth it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Gloves!
    (But, I can't just say that can I?)

They make them in all sizes and colors!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I generally need L or XL gloves, so mine are on the larger side, but well-proportioned and slender fingers. I keep the backs shaved with an electric razor; quick and easy. Lots of Neutrogena hand cream. Longish nails right, short left (guitar players, anyone?), shaped and buffed, sometimes clear polish. Strong polish colors and treatments tend to draw attention, IMHO, as do very long nails. By all means, wear protective gloves when doing any rough or dirty work, and be fanatical about cleaning under the nails.

Hands are attached to arms, of course, and I've found that bleaching my relatively light arm hair results in a very natural look, more wispy than hairy. I might question the advice here to wear smallish jewelry, since it can look tiny, and the hands large by comparison (as opposed to larger pieces looking proportional to larger hands and wrists).

Size isn't everything, but it's the only thing you can't do anything about...