Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets get EVERYONES opinion. Does age change things?

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCDTV View Post
    Age is one of the factors that is driving me to quit crossdressing. I am very visual and derive my pleasure from crossdressing by seeing a sexy image in the mirror. It is getting harder and harder to see that sexy reflection. I am getting to the point where I would rather quit while I'm ahead and see pictures or videos of myself then to see my aged self in the mirror.
    I agree with everything you said, and to your last sentence I would add to pictures and videos: memories and fantasies. I can see that there is end some day.
    There have been threads that asked if you think you will ever quit CDing. Most answer with something like...when they pry my cold dead hands......
    I would think that CDers with a strong internal feminine identity would be that way for life, while pleasure dressers (like me) see that there is an increasingly higher cost that will exceed the return some time in the future. We're just not all the same.

Well, the older I get, the I give a $#!7 about what others think about me. I see that as an advantage when out and about.
    I do however wish I had the confidence in my younger days I have now. When I didn't have to worry about so much shaving......

[QUOTE=Barbara Ella;3176459]
    But starting with my life's experience, I know that beauty is in the heart and mind, and i know that I can make myself feel as good as I can, and i am happy. And yes, I do have some age unappropriate outfits just because.

So, as to advantages for either group, I think each one has it within their grasp to be the happiest they can be. Some things are easier for one group, but more difficult for the other. It comes down to deciding what it is that makes you happy, and achieving it, or at least giving it your best shot.

So, to the youth of today, listen to your elders. Use what you have to alleviate your fears, and follow your heart. You will never get these years back, and they may contain memories you will treasure for a very long time.

Barb, your comments really resonate with me. A lot of wisdom in what you said.
    Dannie

Platinum Member
    Hi Erica, At 70 I now have much more time for dressing than I did when I was younger .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My wife made a comment once that Maria is getting older and soon those short skirts are not going to be appropriate anymore. I told her ill deal with it when I get there.

I think those that are older have come to the point to feel they are too old to care what others may think and they will be themselves. Where as the younger crowd and I laugh putting myself in the younger crowd (I'm 36yr old) are still nervous of being found out, (or is that just me lol)

hi i am 65years old and enjoy dressing more, maybe that because i have more time for myself,just wish i could find other like my self to share our experiences and enhance our feminine image

hugs
    Alicia

Smile

Absolutely,age changes the way I look, no question there. Still, for me it hasn't changed my inner desires or my need to crossdress . I just have to be realistic, I'm not 20 any more, so I have to find clothes that compliment my age. Doesn't mean I can't wear the sexy under things I so love, nor does it mean my boobs have to sag, ha, I just got my first set of silicon breast forms yesterday, 38 D sweethearts, haven't taken them off yet!!! So, there is life after 40, or 50, and yes, even 60!!
    Keep on keeping on!!!
    xoxo
    Kandy

I'm 73 and began wearing my Mom's clothes when I was 12. I just want to point out that I did feel alone, at that point. The last thing in my mind back then was that there were others like me. Believe me, that was pretty scarey.

Norah

Since my wife's death I have dressed enfemme almost everday and since 2004 it has been 24/7. Being retired & living alone has made that a very easy way to live. If they internet was around when I was say 20 my life would have been much, much different.Would it have been better " That's a question that I can't answer.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 05-07-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

When I look back on life, then on life as a crossdresser, I realize that the two are conjoined twins, in that they meet, touch
    and overlap. And to those aspiring young dressers who hid the process from myself for well over a thousand years, to you
    I say just embrace it. Love the essential importance of it and then sit back and admire it. Because as many have said on this
    site, the desire will never leave you. And even though it's (dressing) initial confusion will be indistinguishable from
    being stark-raving-mad............................................... ..........................you are not.....lol
    dana

I feel more alive at 63 than I did at forty. I feel I am who I am and I am realizing I am not ever going to change that. Been trying all my life to be the "fit in the normal" scale guy, but you know if I have to fit in then hey I'm just not myself. I do not know how much longer I will be able to CD but right now I am healthy and am loving every minute of it. Got a great wife who understand me and I understand her needs as well. We are happy and life is good. I can dress when I feel like it and I can hunt when I feel like it (in season of course) and I can fish anytime I want...I am retired and can do the things I enjoy the most... Some days I get to play with the grandkids (not in dress of course). and sometimes I can work in my shop, or just plain be lazy if I want. Life is good now if I was only on the beach might feel a song coming on (I do pick guitar and we play for the nursing homes here some). Guess I am trying to let you know that I love life, people and am finding myself more every day. CDing has been good for me. It makes me more kind , loving and much more caring towards people. I found that my religion and God are not frowning on my CDing and I read the Bible daily sorry if that offends anyone but you asked that we give everyone's opinion on this. I believe in Jesus and he mixed with Prostitutes ( by the way I found out the wife won't except that as an excuse to be with one) and he also loved every one no matter the ethnic background or what genetics they had. I believe we all are human and humans have always had some things good and some bad about them. The Cding has me looking for the good in people. I like the way it has changed me. I plan on doing it till I cant any more....Jaylyn