Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going to Church Dressed

Haley Pink~

Hmmmmmm?

This is really a subject I'd like to address.

I believe I'm a crossdresser. I'm Married happily, don't want sex with men etc.
    I love being dressed in female clothing. I don't like wearing male clothes at all. Never did actually. When I was a small child I had urges also, as many of you did.

Would I go to church dressed. If I could I would. If people would not have a fit about it , yes I would. Would I care if just a few had problems with it. Yes.

If what you do makes one person not think of you as a Christian, then you are doing wrong, as it says in the bible.

I try to " try to" put my best self in front of others. OK, sometimes the same as many others. I don't get that done. But I get up and try again. I try, that is what counts. I try to be what I feel I should be. As I said I don't always get it done. But i TRY! BUT IF THAT MAKES SOMEONE ELSE STUMBLE!
    SIN, NOT THINK OF ME AS A CHRISTIAN, THEN I HAVE DONE WRONG.

Sorry I hate the darn caps lock key.

Anyway, If people would just love me for who I am, then I could go to Church in any clothing I wanted with in limits. Nice Dress, shoes and clean etc. Wow yeah, I'd love to be excepted for being Me in a dress. Not a female in a dress. But Me in a dress and heels, looking nice not trashy. But proper legnth dress, heels maybe a little makeup. But just Me in either pants or a dress at church. Will that happen. not in my lifetime. A man should be able to put on a dress over female undies and go to church even without a wig. Just as Him in a dress. My God does not care. Why should our culture?

I love looking like a born Female, I do!

But for now I'll wear my Jeans and a Polo shirt with Nike's.

Love to all my Sisters! Also thanks for thinking
    about me and the prayers when I was in the Hospital.
    Haley
    Last edited by HaleyPink2000; 12-16-2005 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleyPink2000

Anyway, If people would just love me for who I am, then I could go to Church in any clothing I wanted with in limits. Nice Dress, shoes and clean etc. Wow yeah, I'd love to be excepted for being Me in a dress. Not a female in a dress. But Me in a dress and heels, looking nice not trashy.
    the key word here is IF...
    [SIZE=5]IF[/SIZE] it were a perfect world...
    Newsflash...
    It's not.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela Marie
    Has anyone in here ever gone to church dressed up? Im a catholic and have thought about trying it. What does everyone else think? Angela
    My thoughts are that (as far as I'm aware) every religion there is preaches 'love thy neighbour', so I'd say go for it! If you get kicked out it just shows how hypocritical the church you attend is.

Yes, I do know that this is a head-in-the-sand attitude, becuase I'm very well aware of attitudes - years ago my brother tried to get into midnight mass one xmas (he was filthy from living in his car and having no facilities and wearing disgusting clothes). He was turned away at the church door - and this by the C of E who definately teach 'love thy neighbour' etc.

From time to time I attend my local? - it's 40 miles away - LGBT church.

Anne

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleyPink2000
    If what you do makes one person not think of you as a Christian, then you are doing wrong, as it says in the bible.
    From my post above, and what you have written here, it is my opinion that the minister who turned my brother away from the church simply because of his appearance IS DOING WRONG, because his attitude certainly WAS NOT Christian!

Anne

Haley Pink~

Hmmmm?

I have to tell ya. People some day won't even blink what ever you wear.
    It's just that for now we are stuck. It's like many other threds have said.
    When the GG's did do this in the late 1800's till into the 1960's they had issues on what was ok for them to wear. But Men are slowly coming out. The more we come out to others the more it will be ok in our culture.

But remember, like in Iraq, Women still have to wear vails etc. There will still be places that stereotype sex and clothing.

I don't agree with many things but I have to exist in this culture for now.
    As for Church, you build one here that is not that way, and I will come, every Sunday. It's like I told others on another thred. We need a town I the USA that is just for us. Churches Schools etc. You Build it, I'd probably move there after I retired in two years.

BTW: Good luck on finding a Church. Let us know how it goes. I'm rooting for you. *smile*

Haley

Well, to echo what has already been said...the reason for it would make a differnce if I were to go dressed. If it is for the thrill, find some other way to do that..go to the library dressed, go shopping, drive through a fast food place. If I were TS in transition, then by all means go ahead..whether it be Catholic *which is what I am...lutheran, presbyterian, methodist, episcopal, whatever, go and get closer to the lord. I don't think most baptists or orthodox jewish churches or synagoges would be that accepting..

going to church dressed

Answering ms. eva=
    It doesnt matter what religion you are or want to attend their congregation dressed in femme or not, the main answer to each and every religion today especially is how much money you are willing to give them either to attend or put into the passing plate. Religion today is nothing more than a BIG Business. Each and every religion has huge structures they use to for large attendence and they dont pay for it themselves. They cost tons of money to erect and most or all religions are regestered with the government as Non-Profit Organizations---Yeah Right!!!!

church

hi everyone
    i'm not a religious person but i don't think it would be a good idea to go to church dressed unless the people in your church know that you are a dresser and are ok with it.church is a place for those who believe and want to go to worship and going dressed might interfer with their territory.
    danielle d

Babes for God

Perhaps not completely on topic here, but I've always so wondered about how dressed-up women get when they go to church. Seems they so often get as dressed-up and made-up as they would for a night on the town. Some of my earliest memories (and inspirations) are of the women at my Lutheran church when I was a kid. Christ, they were so immaculately dressed, yet so glammed-out!!! it was all I or any of my friends could do to not be filled with anything but lust..., lust as our pastor preached his words of insanity.

To this day, it is those wonderful dresses my mother and sisters wore to church that I mark as being the very spark that made me realized I was not exactly a normal little boy - for it was those very dresses that I first was drawn to adorn as my own back when those Sunday mornings turned to Sunday afternoons alone and experimentation was the order of the day.

Robyn
    Last edited by DanaJ; 12-17-2005 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Pic has no place here
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Haley Pink~

Hmmmm?

I am not perfect. Never will be. But I know what that questions answer is in my bible. The Pastor was wrong! He should have been leading His Church towards loving not hate. Any Pastor that does not except any person in their doors, of His or Her Church, is wrong. In my Bible. In My Heart. In My Way of believing. If it was my Pastor and I knew it. I'd take him aside later on, in private, no gossip, and talk with Him over the issue. No one else! About the Issue of letting anyone in the doors of the church. Also I'd leave the church if He did not agree with what my bible says, about loving your neighbor, and many other things. Jesus did not hang with the wealthy and well to do only. He hung with everyone, down to the poor lepper.

Haley

BTW An! My Bible does say that and so does yours if you use a Christian Bible.

I'm not a religous person but do go to Durham Cathedral at times to contemplate things; the place is so big that you can sit quietly for as long as you need.
    One of the clergy once asked me
    "would you like to make a donation madam?" aI guess I passed as a women OK. (I'm a little paranoid.)
    Its the ultimate peacefull place.

Jayne
    England does have Roses

Went to church.

When i went to church today, there was a women in front of me who dressed and acted like she was proud to be a women. I wished I could dress like her and exhibit my femininiity.

Haley Pink~

cyndyw

cyndyw:

Maybe someday we will be able to. But I don't think it will happen in my life time.

That might be a reason for CD town threds LOLOL.
    Haley

Exclamation going to church dressed en femme

Yes I have done this often out of town without being read. This is being honest with God. Love, Liz

I have... long time ago

It's a long story but I have gone to church (Protestant) a handful of times en femme ... always out of town and when I was much younger, with my mother, who was very accepting and supportive of my crossdressing. A few times it was on Easter and I wore a new pastel floral print Laura Ashley dress. But I was also a whole lot more passable when I was younger too. To my knowledge, no one twigged on to my "true identity" -- but we were also going to a church that was in another town where we were not known...
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

Katie Anne

Wearing A Skirt To Church

Robyn, I won't speak for women of other denominations. Catholic women seldom dress up for anything but the main service and frequently not then. There are plenty of women who look like they are there to hand scrub the place: ratty jeans, an old t-shirt, no makeup or jewelry, more than few who look like they have not combed their hair since Thursday. This being the case, I have not problem whatever wearing a skirt to Mass. I don't own long pants. I have always disliked the feel of them. I would never pass, so I stopped trying years ago. As the priest is wearing what is essentially an evening gown, what is he going to say ? The one brief conversation I had with the assistant pastor was about the movie " Bruno" (The film is well worth seeing, it is about a boy in Catholic school that likes skirts and eventually meets the Pope, who is wearing his cassock. It is a wonderful comedy ) Two women and one man complained to the pastor about the way I dress. He informed them he would love to back to the days when women wore dresses, hats, and, gloves and the men wore a coat, tie, and dress shoes. Apparently the idea that a dress code would apply to more than me had simply not occurred to them. According to Father they nearly tripped running for the door at the very idea that some might tell them what to wear to church. Cheers, Katie Anne Vive Le Jean d'Arc
    Last edited by Katie Anne; 12-20-2005 at 12:14 PM.

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie Anne
    Robyn, I won't speak for women of other denominations. Catholic women seldom dress up for anything but the main service and frequently not then.
    [edited for brevity - CN]
    Two women and one man complained to the pastor about the way I dress. He informed them he would love to back to the days when women wore dresses, hats, and, gloves and the men wore a coat, tie, and dress shoes. Apparently the idea that a dress code would apply to more than me had simply not occurred to them. According to Father they nearly tripped running for the door at the very idea that some might tell them what to wear to church. Cheers, Katie Anne Vive Le Jean d'Arc
    Bravo for him! It was a wonderful way of pointing out the log in their eye while they accused you of a splinter in your eye.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole

Katie Anne

Dressing For Midnight Mass

Christina, An excellent Biblical reference you quoted " For what ever you measure out to others, it will be measured back to you " The pastor is a good soul, no pun intended. I think he believes me to be one of the characters Jesus might of hung around with, like the gentiles, Samaritans, tax collectors, etc. He also has a special devotion to St Joan of Arc, who of course was burned alive for crossdressing. It was truly funny that my critics believed that the priests would read me out from the alter for dressing as I do and their faded blue jeans and sweatshirts would still be fine. Tonight at Midnight Mass there were 8 in the congregation wearing skirts out of 400 women and two CD'ers. It is down right balmy here in Western PA. Even the cantor, the female choir members and Eucharistic minister wore pants. We are not poor parish. The need to wear faded blue jeans by everybody under 80 just escapes me. Both the priests made a point of complimenting me on my outfit, a Christmasy red sweater, long red skirt and black boots. My friend was complemented on his split skirt and vest outfit as well. Maybe the GG's will get the hint. Merry Christmas to All, Katie Anne

Church attire

As one condemmed to oblivion[re not religious],I find this topic, slightly amusing,I wish no offence,but are we not already condemmed to a fiery end because we dress as women[read that somewhere].So darlings,it don't matter how you dress as long as it'sappropriatly tastefull.Just one small ob.,from here in Oz,[and I mention this in a sweet and friendly manner]you my American girlfriends,are so conservative and obedient to church and state[not to say you'd bore the arsehhole off a wooden horse,and no I didn't think that up myself...I stole it.],become like us[Oz and the Poms],cheap and common,but as always clean panties each and every day.
    I sincerly,sincerlyand sincerly mean no offence,and if I have,I am sorry.Big make up hugs all round falcorxx

It is sad to read that most of you would not go to church dressed up. You are you are and God knows you are you and accepts that. God loves us as we are no matter what. I am Catholic and I would never discourage anyone from dressing up for church. But, you have to be comfortable about it. Go to another church where no one knows you if you have to but, do not let it stop you. What about going out in public? You more than likely will run into someone you know and that does not bother you? So why should going to church bother you? Be proud of who you are. Rachel

Wink Who me? In church??

Well,

What an interesting topic.
    Frankly, no, I have not, not will I go to church dressed. But, I don't want to even appear to be judging anyone else if they choose to or not.

Not my place...and further more....I don't care........

It's just not something that I'd personally do

Love and hugs,

Suzy

Quote Originally Posted by rnewpoint
    It is sad to read that most of you would not go to church dressed up.
    [SIZE=3]No, it's not *sad* at all. It's a matter of respect for God and for others who attend church. There's a time and a place for cd-ing. Church isn't it. YMMV. [/SIZE]

I can't pass so i would never go to chruch dressed. I wear panties all the time so I guess that might count just a little bit. I have also worn a bra to church.

I am Catholic and would never think of wearing jeans to Mass. That being said I don't mind if others don't dress up, I want to be somewhat dressed up. My priest has said in the past that being there with a giving heart is all that counts. Last night at Mass a young girl sat next to me in the pew and I eventually looked at her shoes, it was all I could do not to say "Nice shoes!"
    Dana Fleming

I went to a wedding in a church ( I don't go to church to pary) dressed Not in dress stockings high heels and night club makup.

But in pants, top and a bit of makup. Eye shadow, mascara, a natural lipstick, nail as long as my wife’s and polished frosted pink. Those that knew me it made no difference, those that did not referred to me with fem pronouns. I know most nearly fell out of their skin when my wife and I held hands.

Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by MsEva
    Well, to echo what has already been said...the reason for it would make a differnce if I were to go dressed. If it is for the thrill, find some other way to do that..go to the library dressed, go shopping, drive through a fast food place. If I were TS in transition, then by all means go ahead..whether it be Catholic *which is what I am...lutheran, presbyterian, methodist, episcopal, whatever, go and get closer to the lord. I don't think most baptists or orthodox jewish churches or synagoges would be that accepting..
    Lets make it very clear you don't need to go to church to get closer to God the Creator. you can do it while siting in front of your computer and you don't even need a bible.

Vicky