Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wearing Bras

I wear my bras almost 24/7. I have my enhancers in also likewise. Now that the weather is getting warmer and can leave the jacket on the hangar.
    I take my enhancers out and I still have a nice looking bust. When out and about I normally put a loose fitting top on over my tee or tank top.

I wear a bra almost 24/7 aswell. During the day I still like pretty bras. To sleep in, some well broken in cotton bras are great. After 30 years, I still love bras, even tho' they are really just tools to keep my boobs on. I'm getting a BA in Sept. and I've often wondered whether my love of bras will change to a more GG attitude of-Can't wait to get this thing OFF!

Aspiring Member

It all depends...

If you don't have any breast tissue to support then the bra is optional. However if there is breast development, and especially if it is sensitive or tender due to HRT, then a bra is likely mandatory. I wear one all the time, often only a 'crop top' but I find that I need them for support and protection. As long as I need one it might as well be pretty.

Just my style,
    Sandra1746

plain jane cross dresser Kimberly Renee's Avatar
    I can understand that GG's, since they have(?) to wear one will enjoy taking them off, just as I enjoy taking off an athletic supporter.

Because I equate wearing bras with being fem, when I'm in fem mode I will wear all day and don't enjoy removing it at bedtime, if I'm still in the fem mood. I can soothe my fem side with female nightwear.
    My 'everyday' bras are cotton no-cups that aren't binding. I have a few underwires for when I use forms and they fit rather tight, so yeah, I like to remove them.

(my opinions only)
    Bras can be a fixation or focal point that men may use to trigger their feelings of fem. "Because only women wear bras, if I wear a bra I must be a woman" or "To become a woman, I must wear a bra" are thoughts that go through many CD minds.
    Many things can be points of fixation and not every CD views bras in that way. For some it may be shoes, painted nails, dangling earrings, etc.

I could be dressed to the nines but if I'm not wearing a bra then I don't feel like woman. (insert Shania Twain song here)

While listening to a radio show Sunday evening, out of Columbus, Ohio. The 2 gals got into the topic of getting their bras off. One implied the need for a proper fitting, for her co-hostess. Can not wait to see if this becomes a topic.

I, too, enjoy wearing a bra when I can, but, obviously i dont wear as much as a GG. There are times,after extended wearings, that I am glad to take it off and just relax. I must say that since I have experimented long enough to find bras that fit me reasonably well, I can wear them for longer periods of time and even seem to forget that I have one on. I think I have just gotten used to it and it no longer feels strange to have it strapped around my chest.

Monique

Aspiring Member
    I wear them occasionally. They do feel good and remind me of my fem self. Comfort is everything and I'm sure they can feel like part of the full CD "uniform" like combat boots. LOL! I have gynocomastia and fall just short of a B cup. (a good thing!) Lots of times I can feel the girls bouncing especially driving down a bumpy road and can use the support.

Cheryl Ann

I am sure there are many reasons for role reversal when wearing bras.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's what you call irony, eh?

I wear a pull over bra with padding or a sport bra with padding every day, when I get home will add some enhancers. I start getting ready for work at 4am put my bra on by 5 am I don't take it off til I go to bed at 9pm. I don't even notice them all day.

I wear a bra every day all day and also sleep with the bra on, sometimes I leave the forms in all night as well. I actually don't find my bras uncomfortable, quite the reverse, I don't feel good without one. The only complaint I have is that one or two of my bras have straps that keep slipping off my shoulders, so I try to use only the really good fitting ones.

I enjoy wearing a bra, I have some nice bras that fit well. The times I get to wear them all day I forget that I am wearing it and it just becomes part of the outfit. I love the feel of my forms on my chest and I need the bra to hold them up. I was buying bras for a while because I really like the color or style until I realized I had several hundred dollars worth of bras that I don't get to wear nearly enough.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It's the difference between needing to do something and wanting to do something...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    It's the difference between needing to do something and wanting to do something...
    Or the difference of wanting to feel like a woman with all of the stipulations and consequences, and feeling complete? If I had DD breasts that needed a good support bra, I'd be happy to deal with it!

Cheryl Ann

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    I have to agree with Suchacutie, most GGs I know cannot wait to take their bras off once they get home for most of the reasons stated above. Then again the few TS, Crossdressers I know are split between wanting and needing for various reasons.

For me I will be with the group that will enjoy wearing a bra when and for as long as he can due to company or location. Novelty? Perhaps... Though I do enjoy it, the taboo, excitement of wearing it, not sure and have never really dived that far down to figure out why? If you enjoy something why ask yourself why do you do it? If you over analyse something you will forget the "Fun" in it.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I wear two types of bra, one that I wear all the time I am undressing in my girly boy style of presentation that includes going to work, and then there is the other type that has shaped cups that have forms in then for when I am fully enfemme. The only time I want to take them off after a hard day or long night of partying is when I have fastened them too tight. Most of the time I love wearing a bra and want to keep it on
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

My wife has had a double mastectomy. In the old days, she also used to relish taking off her bra after a long day. Now that we are both are flat-chested, she doesn't much miss having to wear a bra, but sometimes she gets a little wistful. Having said that I very much admire her in that she rarely bothers to wear her forms, and is very comfortable with her body as it is.

Of course I relish wearing my forms as often as I can!

Molly, My wife too, had a mastectomy. It made her realize how important my having breasts was to me. She used to think they were silly, and asked why I would want a BA, if I could take off my boobs at will, or change their size.
    Although she has adjusted well, emotionally, she wears forms 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    When you have to wear one almost as much as a GG, you will learn to dislike wearing a bra. And really appreciate when you find a good fitting one that's comfortable to wear all day. Eventually it becomes all about comfort and support once the novelty wears off.
    ^this. HOWEVER.....when young, before they have any need to wear a bra, most girls also want to wear one, and do so, way before they ever fail the pencil test. It's about broadcasting to not only the rest of the world, but to themselves, that they are becoming sexually mature females, and some probably also view the wearing of a bra as separating them from their 'immature' sisters.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I wear a bra most days, some days I can't wait to take it off, other days with a more comfortable bra I forget I have it on. I have a natural B cup and never wear forms. I have found wearing a bralette very comfortable, and I'll change into one of them at the end of the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Banned Read only
    When I am enfemme, it's all the way. There is no middle ground. It's bra and panty, slip, hosiery, heels of various height, dress, and wig. If the band and shoulder straps fit well, I really do not feel uncomfortable. Shoes can become uncomfortable, but, then that's why the goddess designed flats.

As already said a few times, when you wear one because you need to and for any extended period you generally can't wait to get home and remove it - much the same as spending hours in heels. In the meantime enjoy wearing one while it's still a pleasure for you.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NV Susan View Post
    I wear a bra most days, some days I can't wait to take it off, other days with a more comfortable bra I forget I have it on. I have a natural B cup and never wear forms. I have found wearing a bralette very comfortable, and I'll change into one of them at the end of the day.
    LOL! I've been wearing my most comfortable one all day and mostly forgot I had it on until I read your post. :-) I'm just under a natural B cup and it does feel natural for me to wear.

Cheryl Ann

Aspiring Member
    I enjoy wearing my bra everyday about the only time I dont wear oneis in the shower I have just 4 bras but going to buy 2 more soon

boy revision 2.oh Lisa Jeffreys's Avatar
    Hi! I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm new to crossdressing (about 1 year) so I don't have a wardrobe or closet as big as my desire... yet. I have one bra that fits fairly well, it's a 42 A/B I got on sale for a pretty good price.I wear it to work quite a bit and I love the feeling of "getting a hug" all day but by the time I get home I've had enough of hugging. I can imagine how my ex girlfriend (M cup) must feel at the end of the day.

Lisa