Thread: My wife got a makeover...

My wife got a makeover...

A few weeks ago, my wife got a makeover from my favorite makeover artist, Amanda Richards of True Colors. Myself and numerous other have posted pictures of Amanda's work in the photo section of this forum. Anyway, I had Amanda do my makeup for a charity drag show while my wife watched. She was impressed and asked if Amanda could do hers the next week.

So the next week rolled around and my wife was gone for a few hours. She called me giddy as a school girl to tell me all about the makeover. When she got home she still had very dramatic eyes and lips. She was anxious to show me her pics. I always think she looks great, but it was really neat to see her glammed up, which is not a regular experience for her. She had a tried on a gorgeous gown and wore two different wigs. She posted a pic on Facebook and got tons of likes from her friends, and a number asked for the phone number of the makeup artist. My wife is still trying to decide if she wants to send her friends to a place that does TG makeup as such a large part of its business (Amanda has done weddings, proms, beauty pageants and model makeup for GGs, but transformations are her bread and butter).

Here's the coolest part. My wife told me that when she was there, she saw my photo on Amanda's digital slideshow of her portfolio. She noticed that I still had my wedding ring on and it was prominently displayed and that really touched her. She said, "Seeing you, and sitting there made me feel like this was something we do together." I think it gave her a big insight into why I like dressing so much and made her even more accepting.

One more note. My wife told me that Amanda's next client, a CDer, came in as they were finishing. The CD was nervous as soon as he saw a GG. Amanda laughed and said, "Oh she's okay," and the pointed at my picture and said, "that's her husband." The CD, who also happened to be married, then asked her tons of questions: "So what's acceptable boundaries? How did you get to be so okay with it, etc." I got the impression that my wife liked being able to give advice.

Anyway, I thought it was cute how my wife's reactions to the makeover were much like our own. She's already told me she'd like to go back sometime. I told her we should get a makeover done together, but I'm not sure she's ready for that yet.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jamie, That was a wonderful story you are so lucky to have such a great wife.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    Great. Good for your wife. Good for you. Good for Amanda. She is terrific. Seems like a win-win if Amanda has more customes. Seems like fun and a great experience for both of you to be made up together by Amanda.

I think a makeover is a make over for what ever gender it is done for.
    You are both on common ground here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wow! What a great experience. You are truly blessed

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    That is a sweet and lovely story. You are lucky to have such a great wife. Maybe you could have a "sisters" makeover together next time. It would be fun to have photos of you both dressed and made up identically.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

That is so awsome Jamie.

Yes, Amanda is very good at what she does, something she dreamed about doing for a long time. I'm glad your wife had such a great experience Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That's a great story and you are a lucky person to have a wife as accepting as yours seems to be.

My wife now has me getting manicures and pedicures together at the nail salon. Clear polish for me and of course, I'm in male mode, but it's still great fun to do these things together.

Whenever we pass the makeup counters in the department stores I say to my wife that I should go in and get a makeover. It's just kidding at this point, but someday ....................
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Jamie,

What a cool story and a very interesting way for your wife to gain some perspective.

I think my wife is very similar in that she rarely gets glammed up, but would certainly appreciate someone else doing it for her. Also similar is that she finds it much easier to deal with someone else's CDing (and giving advice) than it is to deal with mine.

Hopefully, the two of you will be able to get back there sometime together and have a wonderful experience. Those experiences of sharing 'it' together are always to be treasured.

-Bree

Quote Originally Posted by Emily83 View Post
    Thank you for this. I sometimes think that i'm more ok about my husband (still identifying as male for now) being trans gender than she is. I hope she opens up to me more & stops the deception. I can take anything that's thrown my way. I just can't stand the lies.
    Hi Emily. I don't know the details of your situation, but I might be able to offer a little insight into the lying. After I first came out to my wife, she would sometimes ask if I had dressed while she was out. Of course I had, but my instinct was to deny it. See, the lying becomes ingrained in us as a protection mechanism. We grew up knowing we couldn't slip up or our "lives would be over." I had to force myself to start being honest with her, and it has gotten easier over time. If you haven't already talked to your husband about this, I suggest you make sure he knows how important honesty is to you, and let him know that you understand if it difficult for him on the TG issue, but that you need him to try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinewalker_2000 View Post
    That is a sweet and lovely story. You are lucky to have such a great wife. Maybe you could have a "sisters" makeover together next time. It would be fun to have photos of you both dressed and made up identically.
    Sisters might be a bit weird. I was thinking maybe formal gowns. If we were to go for identical outfits, 'd love to do a cheerleader shoot together, but I don't think I could talk her into that outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    That's a great story and you are a lucky person to have a wife as accepting as yours seems to be.

My wife now has me getting manicures and pedicures together at the nail salon. Clear polish for me and of course, I'm in male mode, but it's still great fun to do these things together.

Whenever we pass the makeup counters in the department stores I say to my wife that I should go in and get a makeover. It's just kidding at this point, but someday ....................
    It's funny you mention mani-peds. Just today, I comments on how good the pedicure my wife got a few weeks ago still looks. She said, "Well you could get one too, style choice and all." I'm not sure if she would REALLY be okay with it, but it was nice to hear, and I thanked her for saying so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    Jamie,

What a cool story and a very interesting way for your wife to gain some perspective.

I think my wife is very similar in that she rarely gets glammed up, but would certainly appreciate someone else doing it for her. Also similar is that she finds it much easier to deal with someone else's CDing (and giving advice) than it is to deal with mine.

Hopefully, the two of you will be able to get back there sometime together and have a wonderful experience. Those experiences of sharing 'it' together are always to be treasured.

-Bree
    I agree. I treasure any moment that we get to share in this together. The hardest part for me if that so much of the CDing takes me away from my wife and kids.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Great story I'm so happy she had a great time there.
    The fact your wife feels closer is awesome.

What a nice story its so much fun to hear a story like that once in a while.

Sounds very cool. Maybe even cooler than the sly reference to you in the "grateful" sayings over Easter.

If you wanted to do a joint makeover and photoshoot that was "neutral", you could do singers in a rock and roll band, or a girl group.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post

Here's the coolest part. My wife told me that when she was there, she saw my photo on Amanda's digital slideshow of her portfolio. She noticed that I still had my wedding ring on and it was prominently displayed and that really touched her. She said, "Seeing you, and sitting there made me feel like this was something we do together." I think it gave her a big insight into why I like dressing so much and made her even more accepting.
    I always wear my wedding ring, and I usually pair it with a CZ engagement ring with very large rocks, in case the wedding ring is not obvious enough on its own.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

GG/SO of a CD
    That sounds like so much fun. I am glad that you had a good time. It also is really refreshing for CD's to ask for GG's advice. I think anyway so I am sure she liked it. They say that you don't really know something until you can teach it. Maybe its the same with acceptance. You don't really accept until you can advise?

We just got our first pedicures together. I am pretty good at makeup (no professional by anymeans) but I gave BF a makeover. Getting someone else to do it would be AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    ........... It's funny you mention mani-peds. Just today, I comments on how good the pedicure my wife got a few weeks ago still looks. She said, "Well you could get one too, style choice and all." I'm not sure if she would REALLY be okay with it, but it was nice to hear, and I thanked her for saying so. .........
    There are often men in the salon we go to getting pedicures.. Often big, rough looking men, not just more refined ones. For some of us it's difficult to reach and trim our toenails properly. I've never seen one get anything but clear polish though..

When I go, I always kid about getting colored polish. I think they are kidding back, but I have a really hard time understanding them. They are all Asian and don't speak English very well.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda