Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody know of a good ex-CD forum?

Does anybody know of a good ex-CD forum?

since this one is obviously not it
    I am not who you think I am

I don't believe there is such a thing. Don't take that other thread so seriously. You got a lot of support along with the "tough love"

PS to those who may know a forum....don't post he link here..rules ya know
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Leyna, I am going to weigh in here.
    Most of the people that replied to your post, including me have seen numerous posts here about purging, giving up and also downright depression and unhappiness.
    I hope you are only unhappy.
    If you want to give up just quietly cast everything aside and see how you go.
    I do not recommend you purge all your clothing but put it away somewhere.
    Get other interests, find a girlfriend, this takes the heat away for a while.
    For some reason the urge usually returns once life settles down again and it is another roller coaster ride.
    You being the umpteenth poster to say they have purged and going to give it up is just another story in the "Naked City" so to speak.
    There was a bit of angst from your side and you copped a broadside from everyone.
    Think of it all as a friendly jibe and as I suspect along with others you may not give up completely.
    If you do well and good.
    Even Lorileah, a moderator on the forum joined in the levity of the situation.
    Remember leyna, we do like to help and give sound advice.
    If you read carefully through that other thread there was a lot of interest and no one really said go away.
    If you are successful you can come back in triumph and tell us how you did it.
    I can tell you, we WILL be interested.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Leyna, I don't know of any unless you wanted to join some radical religious group like the ones that say they can cure people from being gay. I detect that you've been moving quickly trying to just be done with it. I read your other post and thread. Yes, you got some tough love and you've been advised to simply take all of your girl things, put them in plastic bags for now, and wait awhile. It's only been two days since you first posted your original post. Gain some insight from the purging posts. Most who purge regret it later. My ex wife purged for me and I didn't dress for months and became really miserable. You stated, I believe, that you hated seeing an ugly woman in the mirror. Who says you have to leave the house? Well, I'd never even think of entering a beauty contest even if the best Hollywood artists spent a day making me over. It is what it is. Underneath our skins are many beautiful people who love others but more importantly need to love ourselves, warts and all. Just give yourself time to really get over all of your negative feelings.

Cheryl Ann

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Leyna,

Why not take the time and read some of the past posts from some of he members here on some of the topics that concern you. There are councillors, therapists and such that can try to help you with your goals, even some religious organizations. but bottom line is YOU will have to make decisions that affect you.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

That's not going to work, you can try ignoring it but it'll come back eventually.
    In fact an ex-cd place is going to be worse since you're still actively thinking about it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    That's not going to work, you can try ignoring it but it'll come back eventually.
    Yes, it most certainly can work. You can do anything if you want bad enough.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The whole clinical depression thing seems like a cop out way of looking at it IMO.
    Blame everybody else for what goes on around you seems to be the norm these days.
    It may sound harsh I know but if you want things to change for the better its up to you to do it.Don't lay it on others to do the job.
    Hell I have been thru things that most people people wouldn't believe and yet I still have a positive out look.Why you ask? Because I won't let myself be drug down by others around me.
    I don't pass and its OK and not the end of the world.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    I agree, anyone can't beat anything. Our feelings of GID and CD are a condition we own. It's harmless! It does less harm to us than other behaviors like drug or alcohol abuse. Those behaviors can be conquered too. But there is a difference. Alcohol and drug abuse are a behavior while our GID is a "being", something that has been part of our lives. When anyone decided to drink or drug it was a choice, but for many of us we were born with the zebra stripes we cannot change.

Cheryl Ann

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    Oh bullshit.

That is a great thing to tell a 10 year old who's starting out. It isn't well connected to reality in this case though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ann Owens View Post
    I agree, anyone can't beat anything. Our feelings of GID and CD are a condition we own. It's harmless! It does less harm to us than other behaviors like drug or alcohol abuse. Those behaviors can be conquered too. But there is a difference. Alcohol and drug abuse are a behavior while our GID is a "being", something that has been part of our lives. When anyone decided to drink or drug it was a choice, but for many of us we were born with the zebra stripes we cannot change.

Cheryl Ann
    It's funny how 99% of examples show otherwise.
    Look how many people come here in a DADT scenario because they "thought" they could keep their TG issues tucked away.

How many families and relationships have broken up because people thought they could hide or ignore a core part of their being?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Look how many people come here in a DADT scenario because they "thought" they could keep their TG issues tucked away.
    In fairness to folks like that (me for instance), it's not like society gave us a ton of options other than "suck it up and don't feel that way!" Especially the further back you go. Social conditioning is tough to overcome. I know some very brave folks did it, and did it early. Some of us aren't heroes though, evidently, or it takes us a while for things to get so bad that we can no longer ignore them.

But yes, ignoring this stuff usually leads to a total trainwreck of a life, for you, your SO, your kids, all sorts of collateral damage.

Asking people here if it's possible to quit crossdressing is like going to a skid row bar and asking if it's possible to quit drinking. You're not likely to find a lot of long time sobriety there. They'll all tell you that they tried to quit a thousand times and sobriety doesn't work. Not everybody needs to quit drinking and not everybody needs to quit crossdressing. But you're not going to find many successful examples of ex-crossdressers here. They've moved on.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    Oh bullshit.

That is a great thing to tell a 10 year old who's starting out. It isn't well connected to reality in this case though.
    No, it's not bullshit. Anyone who says they can't quit cd-ing doesn't want to.

Since there is a lot of evidence which suggests that being an alcoholic is much deeper embedded in our body chemistry than merely liking the feeling of intoxication, I'd tend to agree with the people who analogize transgender behavior to alcoholism. And, the biggest Truism about alcoholism is that are no such people as ex-alcoholics, there are only alcoholics who are staying sober one day at a time.

and this thread is going south. You all want to see who can urinate higher on the tree, take it to PM.

The OP asked the last thread be closed because she didn't like the infighting. This one is about 30 seconds away from the same fate. You made you point, one says you can do anything you want. several say you can't. OK move on
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Cross dressing is NOT akin to AA. You don't recover from something that is not a disease. You ARE a cross dresser. It is your choice to dress or not. If you are trying to stop dressing, coming here will not help.

You need to get objective about why you want to stop.

Tell Um

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    The whole clinical depression thing seems like a cop out way of looking at it IMO.
    Blame everybody else for what goes on around you seems to be the norm these days.
    It may sound harsh I know but if you want things to change for the better its up to you to do it.Don't lay it on others to do the job.
    Hell I have been thru things that most people people wouldn't believe and yet I still have a positive out look.Why you ask? Because I won't let myself be drug down by others around me.
    I don't pass and its OK and not the end of the world.

You tell um Shorty ,,, If ya don't want to do it ,, Than just say NO ,,, LOL,,,, Easier said than done ,,lol,,,,

Just like Tracy says ,,, I have Kissed the Devil an Lived to tell ,,lol,,,,

Bet the support group meetings for that forum would be really exciting!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Bet the support group meetings for that forum would be really exciting!
    Karen, My guess it would be an extremely depressed group of people who won't allow themselves the joys of living life to the max being who they are.

Cheryl Ann

Aspiring Member
    So, what's wrong with being a CD, or TS? Is that a punishable crime? Or is it something to be ashamed of? If so, why? Probably all of us here have come to embrace and love ourselves and accept who we are and make the best of it whether we simply crossdress or make a full transition. Live life to the fullest!

Cheryl Ann

I guess you could always start one.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    In answer to the OP, I know of no group. I feel however that, like alcoholism, you are an alcoholic, and you are a cross dresser, for life. You can take steps to stop drinking, and stop dressing. You really have to feel the need to do it, and it must be more than mere physical appearance. If you really want to do it, I wish you all the luck.

I know what I look like in the mirror, but i also know what I am in my heart and mind, and I use that more than I use a mirror.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

There is not such thing as an ex-CD. It is something that you are born with and no matter how hard you try, you can never get rid of it because it is part of who you are. If you try to stop, your life and possibly health will suffer in other areas.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

First thing I would do is delete my page an not come round here if I wanted to Stop something ! Hell I ain't stopping !!
    Who would be here to take care of all my Ladys when I am gone ? An what a Beautiful Bunch they are ,, All that hard work we all put into this would be a dammed shame not to witness it in person . So if ya don't like it here or don't want to CD anymore my best advice would be too NOT come to a site called CROSSDRESERS.COM maybe the first thing on my list ? But HEY thats just me ??