Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud that finally I have accepted me

Proud that finally I have accepted me

Hey everone,

I just wanted to say that I have made a major break through. I finally have come to accept my crossdressing as part of me. I have fought this so hard by going into denial so many times that I lost count. I have purged too many times. Just the other day I just realized I am hurting myself by not accepting me. My stress has come down and I am much happier.

Thanks for listening and thanks for a wonderful site! I used to feel so alone but not anymore.
    To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.

Congratulations, hope every day brings more happiness as you evolve.

great feeling isnt it..... i came to accept it in my life recently when my daughter surprised me with some shoes....talking to her after she said she was proud of me and it didnt bother her at all.......she even told her best friend
    yesterday i got into an arguement with my unaccepting wife who once again called me names as she has for years but instead of going all embarrassed i turned round and told her i would wear what i want
    writing this i am underdressed and she knows it but hasnt said a word........small step
    so you go girl now youve accepted it yourself enjoy it......

Self-acceptance is the key to winning the loving acceptance of others. You go girl!

Welcome to the club girl. And welcome to the family sister.

Now just get on with it and have fun!

Hugs from Suzy

Congratulations! This is a very important step that will help both your emotional and physical health.
    Hugs, Carole

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Just remember; You must learn to crawl, before you can walk. You must learn to walk before you can run. Take your time and enjoy yourself with every step you take on the path you have decided to travel.

Love and Lots of Hugs,
    Jamie
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Congratulations! What a great step! The acceptance will have to be renewed from time to time, and it will grow to become, deeper, more reliable, and radiant!
    Valerie

boy revision 2.oh Lisa Jeffreys's Avatar
    I know the feeling and congratulations. I never went through purges or any of that. With me it was a very rapid progression like a dam bursting and in less than year I found that thing that was always missing and have come to embrace it.

Way to go Jennifer!!!!

XOXO
    Lisa

Getting in touch with your deep feelings is one of the most important things you will ever do Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    Hi Jennifer, You'll make several breakthroughs along this life journey. I have a long history myself but the greatest breakthrough was to hear my 30-something daughters tell me that my ex told them the real reason we divorced, and they've told me that they're okay with anything. I got over it but it's really nice today that I have some old school friends finally know why I was so shy in school. It's really liberating! I'm a CD with ideas of really being TS. I live as a woman as much as I can. I don't know for sure how my future will evolve. For you, just take a step at a time and live each day to the fullest! I wish you well!

Cheryl Ann

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenn, Lets hope that you learned from your mistakes .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Congratulations! acceptance is liberating. It is also a difficult thing for so many of us.

Ciara

Thank you all for your kind words and support! Usually I feel ok with it but it will last a short time before I try and be someone I am not but now it just feels consistently good like a weight off of my chest.

Well done Jennifer! Note to self - no "in de Nile" jokes please!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Way to go, Jennifer!

Hi Jennifer,

Indeed this is a big step -- congratulations! Self-acceptance helps get rid of much of the guilt and anxiety. Now just follow your star wherever it leads...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Thanks so much for the continued support! It is very much appreciated!

Congratulations Jennifer!

It took me decades to come to the level of acceptance you describe, i.e. hurting myself by not acceptating that part of me.

This forum is a wonderful place for support, understanding on so many levels, and, acceptance, both internally and externally.

Kate

Now that you realize that you have been wasting time purging I hope you start to progress better.
    All the best.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I totally understand how you feel. Self-acceptance is a very difficult thing for me to find as well. I have being seeing a therapist who has helped me realize that CDers, TG, and TS are born and that we have no choice about the feelings that we have.
    The therapy has greatly reduced my stress level to and has helped my wife realize that I cannot just “quit” being a CDer. This is who we are.

Thanks to everone for reaching out for their support. A very good therapist told me about Triess about 19 years ago. I never went because I was afraid and in denial. I thought if I just forgot about it or tried to absorb into more guy stuff it would leave me but I was wrong. Time to have fun and stop livng a lie!

Good for you,Jennifer.It took me a while to accept it too.Fought and denied it for years.Once I did accept it,I felt like I'd been reborn and am now happier with myself than ever.

Not accepting yourself has a huge impact on your life...you don't notice how much.
    Chickie

So how did you come to accept your self? What's your story? I'm in therapy trying to get over the deep shame that I still feel on this thing that is a part of my life. Any advice for somebody who is still trying to build confidence?