Thread: Reality check

Reality check

Ever really think about the fact that the majority of us here are men who talk to other men about wearing women's clothes, wigs and makeup in order to look like a woman? Doesn't that kind of strike you as odd? The funny part is since the day I originally joined the Renaissance TG Org(way back in 2001) and continuing on to going to the LGBT resort in my area Rainbow Mountain to develop my female character and also joining the Forum, I never thought it was strange one iota. How do you feel about associating with other men and discussing CDing and TG issues and activities?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For years, I thought I was the only one born like this.... then over time.. and the development of the 'net I found others... Wow. I am not alone anymore.

Okay, so meeting up with others 'blessed' to be born this way is a real blast. Almost a kin ship. Like we had known each other for years. They are a spectacular group of humans, unlike any others I have ever met. Open, honest and true. Kind to a fault and I am truely blessed to have meet them.

Renne....

Silver Member
    Humans have a tendency to join groups with similar interests. While I spend time here, learning how others handle situations and ideas. I also spend time with women discussing our shopping, clothing and cooking. I also have discussions on gardening and decorating.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, Every time I look in the mirror and see my self all dressed pretty I wonder about my sanity.

I love seeing pictures of pretty ladies.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 04-28-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

No, it doesn't strike me odd. What's strikes me as odd is forgetting I am talking to other guys and not women. THAT strikes me as odd every now and then but hey, I can't think of a better bunch to talk to
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Kate, interesting post. Never really thought of us as being a bunch of guys talking about being women....wow.

Online I can handle it just fine. Not sure I could physically sit in person in a room and talk with other men about my infatuation with shoes, much less dressing. Then again I'm not out and thus quite sheltered, so . . . .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have made some great friends here over the years but what gender they type in makes no difference.Oh wow Typing in gender now that a new classification!!

Maybe to some, it is odd, but not to me. It's actually really really REALLY nice to be on here and read and comment on other posts from people that I can relate to.

What I find odd is being at work and some predominantly male subject comes up and I have absolutely NOTHING to add (insert whatever particularly barbaric subject you like here but in my reality it usually involves sitting in the woods waiting for some innocent animal walking by and killing it). Generally, I feel out of place with "normal guys", always have.... but that's life I suppose.

We all have our "things", and I'm so happy to have somewhere that I can go to be in contact with others who feel the same way!

I'm with RenneB on this one: It's nice to not be alone anymore!
    Last edited by Emjay; 04-27-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Firstly, I'm not sane,
    Secondly, my god took 13 billion years and several Supernovas to create the planet (not 6 days)
    Thirdly, does testicals detrmine who we are
    Fourly (?) is each skin bag only allowed to have 1 driver (and if so, who made that rule).
    Fiftly (?) who invented makeup, bras, legging etc, a guy or a girl?
    6thly (ok it's just getting to hard now) Actually I don't think of people here as guys, more like girls in a body with testicals
    -Have i just repeated myself - sorry

So reality depend where you sit, and while not wrong, could be different from where others sit
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I wish I could have those conversations more often, honestly.

There's just something about the girl talk, the camaraderie.

It eases some of the loneliness, and it really enhances the good feelings of just letting loose

Well, at least we have something in common, the feminine side, and its much easier to discuss and relate to certain issues or feelings that a gg would.
    So, yeah, the idea might sound a bit weird... but the logic behind it is fine.
    There are some gg's that are very understanding, please don't get me wrong, but in general what could be better than someone who you can relate to.
    Last edited by Alexis.j; 04-28-2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: typos...

The more we understand our feelings, the more we realize it has little to do with what sex we prefer and how we express that and more to do with who we are as people. We find that we are very interesting people.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Just call me Amanda GirlieAmanda's Avatar
    Whether men or former men, we will always retain some of our male sensibilities. I still love women and prefer them sexually. I have thought about what you are talking about. In transland, sometimes I actually forget that all the MtFs were former men. I really forget sometimes. It's funny when you think of it.
    The phoenix has risen the old life is gone
    A new life to live has finally begun
    There is fun to be had and work to be done
    My beauty is radiant my freedom is won

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Ever really think about the fact that the majority of us here are men who talk to other men about wearing women's clothes, wigs and makeup in order to look like a woman? Doesn't that kind of strike you as odd?
    Being a long time crossdresser and someone who quite often go's out , I once visited a gay bar with another t.v. friend, after observing a group of butch lesbians dressed in jeans and t shirts drinking pints and playing pool ,as well as being a bit loud I said to my friend how weird is this there are a group of women trying very hard to be men and here we are two men trying very hard to be women.
    So if you really open your eyes to what people actually do then I think the whole human race is a bit odd.

Hi,

Kate.

I spent years trying to keep away from men yet i did have some over the years who were & still are very special to me they & thier wifes, thats when i was about 10 through 17 or so. Had thier wifes not been with them im not sure it would have worked.

I did work under some neat lovely men though very few, so men in my life was really one of distrust . in the mealrooms when the talk was about women in a degrading way i wallked out i totaly hated it had they known i was female im not sure what would have happened, any way thats helped myserlf becaome a stronger woman.

I went to a number of meetings that were men dressing though it was okay after a while i wondered what the heck am i doing there, they are men..im a woman ...oh heck , so i said to Jos why am i going there, i stoped later on.

Then we brought a commuter, some 7 years ago. did not know how to use it talk about one frustrated woman could not spell let alone write, & compose a sentance youd be out of your mind well i was told off a few times allmost packed it in & stoped i carryed on for 3 more years trying to learn this thing , & then found some trans forums , oh..... no.... what am i doing these are all guys so dresseing up. & then i saw thier pics, oh...no im nothing like them ...well no im not am i, so i carryed on did meet some over sea's very pretty looking i was embarrised im nothing like them .

Well im still here, on many forums & still embarrised in how i look still have my dislexca still have issues with my english ,

Some times i really find it so hard, because its not an act for me so many here can do the ...look.... so when your a woman with out a female"s more look like one , you begin to dought your self, just because your a woman does not make life easyer & then you see & know some all dressed up. oh floor boards just swollow me up i dont belong here, & the misty mirror i prefer that.

Now this associting with other men. well to me its like if you could meet me after all our talking on here, im not sure how to answer that truthfully If you came all dressed up id be very very embarrised to meet you. ... help i just dont know,

The difference for me is when im around my close women friends i dont have to be other than myself, im just accepted the way i look ,well dont though you know that, anyway, i spos the ? could be How would you be around me how would you interact while with me so i must look at it from your side as well.

Gee you pose a tough ? .

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 04-28-2013 at 03:56 AM.

I don't find it odd in the least.
    Here, when discussing all the related aspects I'm talking with others that KNOW what I feel, that KNOW what it's like to be hiding and sneaking about, that KNOW the need to express this part of myself.
    It's the same thing as when I talk to guys about motorcycle, cars or whatever, they just know we have the same interest and it's very relaxing
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Funny but true, especially since we're all seeking the same thing, to be accepted.
    When I do look for tips or feedback I do tend to ask some GG friends for advice and to critique me. That said though they do tend to offer more encouragement (you look fine) than be brutally honest but I want a woman's view.

It seems odd until I get a positive reply.
    Then it is two girls talking fashion whilst wearing mens clothes.
    Now that's odd!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.