Thread: Excited, just a little nervous...

Excited, just a little nervous...

I just confirmed my first appointment with a makeup consultant. She is going to help me pick colors and teach me the basics on application.

I am very excited and a little nervous.
    Cross your fingers that it goes well.

I will post an update this evening..,

Shelby

No worries Shelby,
    It is the fear of the unknown.
    After this you will know it. Have fun.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Shelby! Excited and nervous? Welcome to the club! Both feelings will make your experience that much more better. LOL! My hair stylist will be coming to the privacy of my home for a makeup learning session and I'm really going nutz to have it happen. I live in a rural area so we might go out into my private backyard for a photo shoot too! She's my best gal friend along with my wife! I'm confident it'll go well for you! Have fun!

Cheryl

I just returned home from my makeover...
    It was wonderful.
    I was dressed in drab and very apprehensive when I arrived but Lisa made me feel right at home.
    So much at ease, in fact that she is now the first person other than my mirror that has ever seen me dressed.
    When we started talking about the makeup, I started feeling out of place with my drab clothes on. I told Lisa how I felt and she said , "Well, why don't you change?"
    We chatted like school girls all during the makeover; talking about this color eye shadow or that, which color lip stick to use and how to cleanse and moisturize before applyting the makeup - you know... girl stuff.
    It was so much fun!!

I am not sure if this is a common transition, but by the time we finished my makeup, I even showed off to her 12 year old daughter and her best friend completely dressed, wig and all.
    Both of them were very impressed with the result which made me feel even better.

To cap a wonderful evening, I left Lisa'a house fully dressed and still am.

I guess today is kind of Shelby's birthday since this is the first time she has been complete.

What a wonderful experience!!!

Shelby

It's a wonderful feeling to be sure. As you said, to feel "Complete". Enjoy your new life, Shelby!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Banned Read only
    Ahh yes, those days were so wonderful!

You are on your way now. There will be many new adventures along the way. Some good and some not so good. In the end, it only matters that you feel you have achieved everything you needed too.

Shelby, you are beautiful!

Your nervousness if your fear. Fear only resides in your mind and takes you places you don't want to go and keep your from the places you need to be. When operating from fear we prevent ourselves of experiencing and experiencing is what teaches us who we are and who we are not.

You are well on your way. You are breaking through your fears and experiencing. Embrace it no matter the outcome as experiencing will always teach you what you need to know for yourself, good, bad, or indifferent.

I don't need to cross my fingers for you because no matter your outcome, it's always all good.

Have fun!!

xoxo

Shelby.
    I'm sure you will be fine. I'm also feeling the same, as soon as I'm back to the UK I'm going to a make up and dressing service. Then out on the town, out in public for the first time. Do let us know how you get on and good luck

Leah x🎀

Oh well done you.
    Bet you looked fantastic.

Leah 🎀