Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Size Jeans Do You Wear?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I wasn't asking, I was relating how the guy asked me. I was wearing women's jeans at the time but in male mode. That's pretty much all I wear for jeans but I still have some male jeans for working in the shop, on the car, etc. They are tougher.
    My mind was on another path all together. I would have had a similar problem responding...

i'm a snug size 6, depending on the designer - michael kors size 6 are a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    No, not what it sounds like.

Along with some other medical problems, it seems I now have a hernia in my groin. I went for a consultation with the surgeon, but because of the other issues, he won't operate for at least a few weeks...
    What you wrote after the above excerpt I quote is a really cute story. But...if you dont mind, just wanna say...b careful re the condition u describe. If u ever feel a sharp unrelenting pain dont hesitate to go to hospital..even after hrs emergency if have to. Forgot what its called when something inside u gets circulation pinched off if it makes its way outwardly, trapped between abdominal muscle bands (or strands or...idk whatever its called). Just sayin, could be life threatening so take care, be well.

Depending on manufacturer 16T, 18T, or 20T.

10 er wait...33 lol
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I am lucky, I wear size "0" skinny jeans

size 14 petite, only mens pants are left over from work prior to retirement

I normally wear a sze 10 average length in the jeans i wear most... but some of them i need a 12.. i love the way they fit and show off my butt...lol

I wear size 18w, but I seldom buy the plain ones. I like the ones with fancy embroidery on the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    I wear size 18w, but I seldom buy the plain ones. I like the ones with fancy embroidery on the legs.
    I just LOVE embelished rear pockets!

Banned Read only
    There's really something weird about women's sizes that appears to be a recent phenomenon. I am almost 5'-10" and weight 175 or so. 34" waist and 43" hips. Typically this translates to a size 16. I've been looking at pants and skirts in the past few days and found something like this more than once:

Large: 30"-33" waist
    XLarge: 35"-37" waist

I'm going from memory, so I may not have the dimensions 100%. However, the point was that there was a 2" gap in the sizing that missed me. At first I thought it was a misprint, but not after the 3rd time I saw it. Similar gaps would also appear sometimes between other sizes. Has anyone else seen this?

14 longs for me. Surprised how good they fit.

Looking at the replies it shows how many people actually read OP before spouting off :-(
    I remember my cousin asking me what size jeans I wore cause she had a bunch of extra from her son and I slipped and said anything from a 0-2. She was all like wha??? I quickly recovered and said, oh I thought you meant your jeans and were talking about my daughter!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieTaylorTX View Post
    I am lucky, I wear size "0" skinny jeans
    Those are free, aren't they?

I wear a size 8 Long, and it's been so long since I've worn guy jeans that I had to dig some out and look at the label to remember that I wear a 32x34 in men's sizing.

One thing that is nice in women's sizing is that, because of their propensity toward wearing heels, it is much easier to find longer inseams in women's sizes.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I think it's all about the cut of the clothes. In blue jeans I wear a 12M and I can fit into a 10 but they are short in length.
    "Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions.", Jules Michelet, French historian
    Take care and God bless, Josie06[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    What you wrote after the above excerpt I quote is a really cute story. But...if you dont mind, just wanna say...b careful re the condition u describe. If u ever feel a sharp unrelenting pain dont hesitate to go to hospital..even after hrs emergency if have to. Forgot what its called when something inside u gets circulation pinched off if it makes its way outwardly, trapped between abdominal muscle bands (or strands or...idk whatever its called). Just sayin, could be life threatening so take care, be well.
    Thanks. Yes, my doctor warned me about that. I went to the medical supply place and bought a truss (for $160) that pushes it back in and this helps a lot with the pain but I'll go to the emergency room if I get what you warned me about.

BTW: The guy who fitted the truss asked the same question - What size pants do you wear. I was ready. "Size 33 or 34."

While we're onh the subject of sizes, size 12 in a skirt or jeans usually fits me just fine but in some brands or styles, a size 10 fits better. Just the other day I had to return a size 12 skirt and exchange it for a size 14. These company's sizes are truly all over the place.
    Last edited by linda allen; 05-09-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I have almost made the same mistake when asked about my size. I have to think about it because I only buy womens jeans. It varies too. I need size 10 petite if just wearing the jeans but if I am adding hip pads I use a 12p. Although I am still losing weight so this changes every few months.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Buying girl jeans from AE was crazy. I was use to 34 34. Not 10-16. I had to try on a few pair. Problem is my man belly makes me look prego.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I wear a 24W in most brands, but I have found that the Venezia brand cuts theirs small. A 24 is more like a 20 to them. I prefer the Just My Size brand stretch jeans, they are actually a LOT more comfortable than any of my guy jeans.

Arrow What Size Jeans Do You Wear?

I have two pair of women's dENiZENĀ® jeans from Target. Size 10 (Medium) boot cut.
    The waist area has a little stretch and they fit nicely. I also found some "Kiss" women's brand at Burlington Coat Factory that have stretch in the waist area. Those are size 10 also.