Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Size Jeans Do You Wear?

What Size Jeans Do You Wear?

No, not what it sounds like.

Along with some other medical problems, it seems I now have a hernia in my groin. I went for a consultation with the surgeon, but because of the other issues, he won't operate for at least a few weeks. He suggested that I go to a medical supply store and get a truss to support the hernia until it can be repaired.

So I go in, give them all my insurance information, etc. and pretty soon my wife and I are sitting in a room with the guy who will order it and fit it to me. He needs to find the best size so first he asks for me height and weight. Fine. Then he asks "What size jeans do you usually wear?"

I figured "Size 12 or 10 depending on the manufacturer." would be a bad answer so I told him size 33 or 34.

As we were walking to the car my wife grinned at me and said "Yea, I wondered what you were going to tell him."
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    LOL, very cute. I may have a similar difficulty. I'll have to watch myself. Reminds me of being out and being asked what color my hair was. I said "29R"!

I have to remember to wear my "tighty whities" when I go back fo the fitting. I'm thinking of putting a spare pair in each vehicle just in case.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

What's your shoe size?
    Well, it's either 10 or 12 depending on......oh
    It's a 10.

Well, this is a smile to start our day! I would loved to have seen his reaction had you said "Size 10"!

This brings up a point that has always puzzled me about women's jeans -- well, women's clothes in general. The sizing is SO mysterious. I've fit into everything from size 8 jeans to size 14, depending on the make, cut, design, etc. So I guess I'll just have to try everything on before I buy!

I can already hear Karren's reaction: "Well, if you wouldn't wear jeans you wouldn't have this problem...."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This could be a real problem! I haven't bought male jeans in a while, and jeans that I bought 15 years ago don't have the same size relationship as they have now. Since I only buy size 8 now, what the heck would I tell someone who needed to know?! All I could do is give my waist and inseam measurements and pray, but I know those don't translate to male jeans sizes correctly.

Claire- Remember, women's sizes are determined over the telephone, by a guy with his hands spread apart, talking to a fellow who speaks no english, and doesn't have a ruler. Said guy, being 4 foot 3, doesn't believe that Americans could posibly be that size, determined that a size 14 should fit his 8 year old daughter.

Fortunately I have avoided most medical problems over the years.
    All they have been able to get me for was a cancerous prostate.
    I was even able to make them laugh when they were trying to take biopsies.
    Wore backless hospital gowns for five days and they were all size blah! I think.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Linda, what's up with you? You're falling apart girl

I never wear Jeans, Period. In a previous incarnation I sang with a German Shanty-choir whose uniform had blue jeans as the bottom half. I hated them, but loved singing the shanties & all the fun that went with it.
    The nearest thing to jeans that I have is a tailor-made A-line boxpleated 20" skirt in dark blue denim with jeans-like zip-fly front closure and two large front-of-hip pockets to my design by CrossdresserNL. Now THAT I find Very comfortable.

M.

I'm another non jeans wearing CD. Jeans are too :mannish" for moi. Just another example of my odd way of thinking.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I bought my first pair of women's jeans recently and they are a size 8. Slightly loose so i'm not going to buy any other pants for a while since my waist is getting smaller. I'm probably a size 7 now.

LOL I love this thread. Like many of us, I to have to be really careful when answering about sizes! 10L or 12L is about right for now, however, as we all know, each brand is different. I've taken to keeping a document on the computer with the sizes from the different types of jeans I have, and when shopping (online or in-store) I keep this handy!

I'd have a hard time answering too, I haven't purchased a pair of guys jeans for a while. My wife asked me about some shorts the other day, which were a 34 and I had to really think about it. Of course going to a doctor, I've worn panties to my DOT physicals for a while anyhow, so it wouldn't matter much to me if he knew I wore women's jeans.

Haven't wore a pair of man jeans in years. Infact don't own any. How about size 14 in pullon with elastic waist.

When I came to Florida three plus years ago to join my cousin we went shopping for her at Chico's --- a large chain of small stores that are in many states that cater to mid-aged and older women. They hit on a very clever and sucessful merchandising approach: Chico's size
    1 is for other store's size 6 to 8, their size 2 is a 10 to 12 elsewhere, and so on. So I would wear their size 2 for a 36 waist. What woman
    would not be thrilled to tell their friends that they wear a size 1? Also have half sizes. Secondly they buy from the same country all the time where ever it is. You may have noticed that you can buy, say, a size 10 skirt made in the Phllippines and then when you buy the same brand and size again it was made in, say, India, and doesn't fit! Their prices are about the same as Macy's without the discounts.
    Since this thread is about sizing I thought I'd mention how Chico's made a killing by having their own size scale.
    Julie

Platinum Member
    Linda, you should know better than ask a girl that sort of thing...but ok...14 long

i dont really know how sizes work, but i picked out a 3 as a guess and it fits pretty great
    girl sizes are really confusing!

I wear size 16W.

Let me start by saying, "I hope you get well soon". I wear a 8 short. The only thing I hate is that women sizes vary soooo much. Sometimes it can get a little confusing.
    be sweet for me

-Renae

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I had a friends wife ask me what size jeans I wore and not thinking I blurted out 7's or 9's and she looked at me and said OOOOOK.
    No seriously what size? I told her here check the tag in the back and see for yourself.
    She did and said yep 9's I didn't know men's were sized that way I chuckled and said they aren't.

i used to be a size 12 a while back, but i started running everyday so now im a size 10. i also wear a ladies size 9 in heels.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Size 10 or 12, would love to get down to an 8. Sooo many cute things in smaller sizes , working on it

Quote Originally Posted by Marlana View Post
    Linda, what's up with you? You're falling apart girl
    Yes I am. Old age I guess. It could be worse, friends have suddenly dropped dead or dies after a prolonged terminal illness. Me, I'm falling apart piece by piece.

Seriously, all these things are curable with time. That's good, I just hate waiting and suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Linda, you should know better than ask a girl that sort of thing...but ok...14 long
    I wasn't asking, I was relating how the guy asked me. I was wearing women's jeans at the time but in male mode. That's pretty much all I wear for jeans but I still have some male jeans for working in the shop, on the car, etc. They are tougher.