Thread: Diva Las Vegas and.....Beyond!

Diva Las Vegas and.....Beyond!

Had to share, this year was my first time at Diva, WOW!

What a amazing time meet some great people, kind, fun and very fun.

The best part was having my most wonderful wife there with me, even though she did not attend the events with me it was so warming to have her help me with the "what to wear" and advice.

Thank you to all the Diva orginizers, you all ROCK!

Hugs!

Sandy
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Yay! You did it.
    Transgender conferences like DLV are always an awesome experience for first timers.
    I'm a veteran of Keystone Conference in Pennsylvania, and Southern Comfort Conference in Atlanta, Ga. One of my friends did a re-marriage with her wife at SCC.

Diva Las vegas is in my bucket, on the list I carry around.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Very happy to have met you and glad youhad a great time. Kudo's to your wife for being so very positive.

I keep promising to go to a CD conference, but when I do they go kaput, just like Bee-All this year. Maybe Vegas next year.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

What all does the conference include? If the wives do attend may they sit in on the meetings with us. Also how would you say the convention helps us cross dresser ladies or guys???

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that info, Sandy. I read that a record number of CD's brought their SO's this year. About 30 of them!

I met 2 GG SO's with their dressing partners that were friends of mine from previous DLVs. It was the first time for each of the GGs!

I believe SO's r welcome at all DLV events?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    I keep promising to go to a CD conference, but when I do they go kaput, just like Bee-All this year. Maybe Vegas next year.
    Arlene;
    Why did they cancel the Bee-All program. I always herd it was a big event. Was it not held
    near O' Hair field in a large Hotel?
    Rader

Gold Member
    Sorry I didn't run into you Sandy. Shows how big it can really be I guess. Have to make an extra effort next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Sorry I didn't run into you Sandy. Shows how big it can really be I guess. Have to make an extra effort next year!
    Yep, same here.

Sandy, I didn't see you at all. I guess we were not at the same events or like Sue said, the event has so much going on that it's easy to miss people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    What all does the conference include? If the wives do attend may they sit in on the meetings with us. Also how would you say the convention helps us cross dresser ladies or guys???
    An important distinction between Diva Las Vegas and other large trans-oriented events is that DLV is simply a vacation. There is no convention aspect to speak of other than some newcomer welcome events at the start of the week. Vendors tend to be local and they are showcased by way of open house events on the schedule but otherwise, DLV is a huge list of organized fun things to do and see from which attendees select as much or as little as they wish.

How does this help our community? First and foremost, it offers a means to cultivate friendships...or at least that is what DLV has done for me. I have met so many wonderful people and look forward to seeing them each and every year.

Another personal note is that because I am full time at heart but only part time in presentation, DLV gives me an opportunity to live my dream for nearly a week. Yes, I totally understand it's vacation and not real life but still, you sometimes have to take what life gives to you and I feel blessed that I have been able to attend each of the last five DLV's.

But most important for those just stepping out into this wonderful world of ours is that DLV offers a chance to get out in a place that is likely far from home to take those first fateful steps. Some events on the schedule are in very trans-friendly spaces while others are highly mainstream (and no less trans-friendly in my book). And the organizers have a "Big Sister" program to help newbies who are nervous about getting out there in public.

I guess you can say I'm a fan of this event!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

thanks to you Sara for the run down on the DLV, it sounds like that for a newbie like me it would be a great place to be... maybe next year my wife and I can look into this a little more and attend as part of our vacation.

next year! im going need to try er out! seems everyone enjoys it a lot
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    Empire conference is still around. What a great time we had this year. Wonderful programs for health care providers, SO's and over 25 first timers that had never been to a conference before. Check us out at www.transeventsusa.org/empire and save the date for 2014.