Thread: Taking Pics and just staring at them.

Taking Pics and just staring at them.

I dressed up yesterday to take a picture so my avatar and profile wouldn't show a blank gray little box. I started to just put in a little smiley face or one of the cartoon characters but for some reason I wanted you all to see what I was wearing. I got out my camera and after charging its batteries I finally found the instructions on setting the timer so it would take pics while I posed. The first few pics I took and downloaded them on my computer I just sat and stared at. I guess it is like looking in the looking glass the first few times you apply lipstick, or that feeling you get when you wear it only around the house and drink from a glass and leave a lip stain on the glass or straw. It makes you think wow I can do this in small steps. I have now moved many small steps and now that Liz is helping me it has moved fast. As I sat and just stared at my lips the first time they were reddened so I sat and stared at my pics I took. Wondering who am I really supposed to be in life? Aroused but yet satisfied, calm but yet nervous, excited to show every one on here but scared, wanting to show my face but scared to show my face, wanting to go farther but wanting to stay hidden within. The more I get into CD the more I am wanting to express my self with more heels n clothing, and the undergarments, but at the same time scared of the road ahead that I know is coming but anticipating it and wanting the changes. Who knows where it will end but the pics seemed to tell me something inside is stirring me onward. I took over a hundred and still I don't know the women inside me that is trying to say hello. Jaylyn

I also ordered some 5.5 inch heels yesterday ( which I will probably break my neck on) and some breast forms. I ordered them and told the sales lady I was a cross dresser and needed to look more feminine. That is a big step not a small one for me. How fast should I get into this? I usually go slow and enjoy the ride but this is exciting. Will it wear off and become stale? Right now and yesterday I was on a high.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-03-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

Pictures are great for improving your presentation. From pictures, I can tell my biggest fault is having the facial expression of a man. Just smiling fixes that, but after all these years it's hard to break a habit.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Pictures are a big step in the transition and the evolution process. I'm pretty embarrassed by my early pictures, but it does get better and better. A few tips: go ahead and take lots of shots and then cull them down to just one or two. There's nothing more boring than ten or twenty pictures of the same outfit with only slight pose changes. Also, if you can't show your face, you'll need to find some creative way to hide it and still keep the picture worth looking at. The face is probably 85% of what's interesting in a picture. Lastly, smile. You are having fun, aren't you?

I think its because we can see the women inside .

Hello Jaylin, it's awesome to hear how excited you are so get ready for a great ride. The first item I wore was a pair of 5.5" heels I bought at PayLess of all places and started taking pics of my feet. Then I bought some black thigh highs, more pics. Then a skirt, pics...and on and on. Eventually I got to makeup and wigs and I have yet to look exactly the same, continuing to try different looks. Some of them I think, "Oh My God! that's not good." and others I've thought, "DAMN, that's pretty hot, even for me!" You didn't mention a SO or if you are having to exist secretly. I see you are located in Texas, as am I. Would love to chat with you more if you would like to PM me.
    Best wishes, MMMuah!
    Ashlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Pictures are a big step in the transition and the evolution process. I'm pretty embarrassed by my early pictures, but it does get better and better. A few tips: go ahead and take lots of shots and then cull them down to just one or two. There's nothing more boring than ten or twenty pictures of the same outfit with only slight pose changes. Also, if you can't show your face, you'll need to find some creative way to hide it and still keep the picture worth looking at. The face is probably 85% of what's interesting in a picture. Lastly, smile. You are having fun, aren't you?
    Yes I am having fun and sometimes I just giggle at myself....

I sit and stare at my pictures for hours on end in complete horror. The first thing I notice is that the settings are not right and they aren't as clear as I would like them to be. With 16 Megapixels, you'd think they would be a bit on the clear side but they aren't. Then I wonder how to get the lighting better which I never seem to be able to do short of going outside I guess.

Every photo session that I do is about 100 -150 pictures long. Out of those pictures if I pull 5 that look good I am amazed. The last session I did, yesterday, I actually got 6 so I must be approving a little bit right? lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Pictures are great for improving your presentation. From pictures, I can tell my biggest fault is having the facial expression of a man. Just smiling fixes that, but after all these years it's hard to break a habit.
    I am finding I have to show a little more each picture and am smiling more now that I am dressing.....sitting here dressed and smiling as I type this "Who woulda knew it feels so good inside to let yourself out....lol
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-03-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: deleted quote that was commented on earlier

Jaylyn,
    I am so happy and excited for you darlin. After more than 50 years of dressing I still get a thrill when I leave lipstick on the rim of a glass or a cup. Sometimes such seemly meaningless or trivial things can be a big help in getting thru the day. HUGS !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    I sit and stare at my pictures for hours on end in complete horror. The first thing I notice is that the settings are not right and they aren't as clear as I would like them to be. With 16 Megapixels, you'd think they would be a bit on the clear side but they aren't. Then I wonder how to get the lighting better which I never seem to be able to do short of going outside I guess.

Every photo session that I do is about 100 -150 pictures long. Out of those pictures if I pull 5 that look good I am amazed. The last session I did, yesterday, I actually got 6 so I must be approving a little bit right? lol
    Joanne I do the same and am thinking its the pic not me that isn't right yet....lol

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    Jaylyn,
    I am so happy and excited for you darlin. After more than 50 years of dressing I still get a thrill when I leave lipstick on the rim of a glass or a cup. Sometimes such seemly meaningless or trivial things can be a big help in getting thru the day. HUGS !
    Yes I have a tea glass right now sitting beside me and have to giggle when I see the lipstick on it as I take a drink...I guess a real lady would have to learn to drink so it doesn't leave a print....but I love it so maybe I'll just leave a print for a while...

I just want to say I just love visiting with each of you on here we all are in the same boat so to speak.....lets let our boat float freely and see where this great roller coaster ride takes us....because dressing certainly has it up and downs I have never been so relaxed though as when I 'm dressed...this is two days now in a row..
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-03-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: deleted multiple repeats of quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    still I don't know the women inside me that is trying to say hello. Jaylyn
    Jaylyn, you want to explore the world as you. It's a great journey...be true to your heart.

Jaylyn,
    May the roller coaster of life always be in "upposition for you. I'm glad that you joined our site.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hi Jaylyn,
    The first thing I do after a dressup session, after putting everything away ready for next time, is to go to the computer with my camera memory card. I have to take lots of photos before finding a keeper, and I like to go back and look at old photos. Pics let you see yourself in ways you can't in the mirror. I agree with others - smile.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Pictures are indeed for looking at.

Jaylyn,
    Staring at your own pics helps you to cast a critical eye over yourself.
    Take a few more and then look at those too.
    Try different makeup strategies to see how they work.
    For full figure shots you can see just how badly you may dress.
    You can then try another style and repeat till you get it right.
    You will be over critical of your own image as you will look for aall the flaws.
    It is good to get a second opinion as the overall effect is probably not as bad as you visualize.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

... I just sat and stared at. I guess it is like looking in the looking glass the first few times you apply lipstick, or that feeling you get when you wear it only around the house and drink from a glass and leave a lip stain on the glass or straw. It makes you think wow I can do this in small steps. I have now moved many small steps and now that Liz is helping me it has moved fast. As I sat and just stared at my lips the first time they were reddened so I sat and stared at my pics I took. Wondering who am I really supposed to be in life? Aroused but yet satisfied, calm but yet nervous, excited to show every one on here but scared, wanting to show my face but scared to show my face, wanting to go farther but wanting to stay hidden within.
    I do, and have done, the same thing since I started. I remember once returning from the beach with my SO. She caught me staring in the rear view mirror over and over and asked me why I kept looking. It's hard to describe to someone on the outside. I just couldn't stop looking at my made-up eyes.

I also ordered some 5.5 inch heels yesterday ( which I will probably break my neck on) and some breast forms. I ordered them and told the sales lady I was a cross dresser and needed to look more feminine. That is a big step not a small one for me. How fast should I get into this? I usually go slow and enjoy the ride but this is exciting. Will it wear off and become stale? Right now and yesterday I was on a high.
    It may wax and wane a bit but I don't think it will wear off or become stale. What will happen is that you will want more. And things that used to be satisfying will no longer be. Once you go out in the world a few times, dressing around the house becomes blasé; even unsatisfying as your urge to get out will be all you think about.

Good luck with the heels. Some are easier to walk in than others. I have some 5" strappy sandals that are a breeze to walk in because the straps give a little ankle support and the heel is a tad wider than "spiked" heels, which makes a huge difference in stability.

OMG 5.5inch heels, I am about to fall and go BOOM. Btw my boom is in the large size.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Well for what it's worth, ya got me buzzed just reading that. And yeah BTW you look Mahvalous girl & sexy fo sho!

U be sum kinda Texas hottie

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I agree with pretty much everything already stated here. I'll just reiterate: you can never smile too much en femme -- it really makes a huge difference

IMO a smiling lady is a precious thing to see.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

True, but there's nothing more attractive nor attention getting than a neutral or slightly pouty poker faced lady. Why? 'Cause the observer can read anything into it she may please eg. Mona Lisa.

Besides, IMHO 'happiness' is overrated. So just...pose, girl. Don't even try. Desirability is intrinsic to the female principle which is: under statement, minus not plus, earthy not airy, grounded not orbiting nor exploring nor flying away. At home at peace with inborn confidence and a natural sense of assuredness.

Yes, I do spend a lot of my dressing time taking pics. But I am lucky if I post one out of 50 to flickr!!

Hi, I've taken many pictures of myself, I thought I was just self absorbed. Now I think I just want to look my best. Sometimes I'll look great in the mirror and the pictures come out awful or the pictures look good but not good in the mirror, who knows? Lucky we can delete the bad pictures or just don't look in the mirror. Hugs Jaymee