Thread: Maybe Most People Don't Care

Maybe Most People Don't Care

Just spent my lunch shopping for some new heels at Goodwill and scored a nice pair. Fun part was shopping in drab and trying on the shoes and no one said a word or even gave a funny look!

Wearing them in the office now.

teehee
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

I hope you can't see them under the desk.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

No they can't but at this point I'm not sure it would be a major problem. I already told my boss and co-worker I was suffering with GD and was looking to transition sometime down the road, And I found I nice neutral lip gloss that I've taken to wearing around the office also.
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Good for you, for me I don't care either but if I thought it would have a negative impact on my business, be it income related or affected the operation of the team, then I would have a problem.

I've been very fortunate that my teams have stuck like glue during personal changes in individual lives, and we all worked to a positive outcome.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

people are really conditioned not to care. Moms tell their children not to stare. Only people who are obviously jerk comment loudly and publicly. Now what they say amongst themselves is likely a different issue but if you're not hassled who cares. Glad you got some new shoes with no prolems.

As long as you're not trying on somethng they want. Otherwise it seems more of a live and let live.
    I hit the SA for slacks that I can wear for work or jeans. It always seems that the women's things are in a lot better condition than the men's and so I head up there first. Often side to side with women looking. I've had the workers ask me if I need help, I just say no although I've had some keep talking. I just say that these are in better shape, have more variety and sometimes fit better. Although if dressed in drab I will take my purchases to the mens department to try them on. Less hassle that way.

I'm a Goodwill addict. I have 3 within 5 miles of my house and I'm in one of them every week. I'm sure all the employees know about "the guy that always shops for ladies clothes," but I've never had any comments or problems. And I try on everything before I buy. I wasted too much money when I was scared to use the change rooms only to get home and find something doesn't fit.

I get some weirdo men following me around or looking at me funny though. I don't care.

BTW: You can get great deals on sexy lingerie there. At my stores, most of it is $1.99 or $2.99 and I've gotten some Victoria Secret stuff I know cost upwards of $100 there.

Aspiring Member
    Maybe it's time I changed my own attitude. I think I am my own worst paranoid enemy? Should I care "what other people think?" Heck NO!

Cheryl

All I ever I had the guts to do was wear some panties and a bra that isn't noticeable under my shirt, but good for you and I have been thinking to going out at night while dressed up for a while now. If I can conquer that it might be the push I need to start being more bold.