Thread: First Shopping Experience!!!

First Shopping Experience!!!

Hey everyone,

Recently I asked for advice on shopping and what not and I got a lot of really good responses, so thank you all. Ever since I was younger I have enjoyed shopping and now I absolutely love it. Yes I had a fear of shopping for women's clothes in public because of the ridicule I would receive and what not but I shoved all of my insecurities down into my gut and went into my Sister's Closet, which is a thrift store that profits go to domestic violence support. Luckily the ladies there were helpful even though I did not say I was a crossdresser I just said I was going to a party. The theme of the party is crossdressering and I want to be the hottest chick there lol. It worked everyone there was laughing and having a good time from what I could see. Oddly, enough something weird happened...A lady said to me "you have to be secure in your masculinity to be here shopping for a dress." I immediately thought about that one. What I found interesting was despite me shopping to increase my femme personality I felt more like a man than I felt like a woman but still loved the way I looked .

While there I got a LBD, a necklace, bra, wig, and was given a few latex gloves to help out some with some boobs for a grand total of $30. Can't find a better deal to support both mine and the store's cause.

Just need to get the makeup and learn what looks good and what doesn't.

Thank you all for your support and advice.

I would also like to hear about others first shopping experiences???

"Everything has to do with your state of mind"

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you! I only shop online, but it sounds like you had a great experience. Looking forward to hearing more about your exploration

My first shop was so long ago, probably aged 17, did it boy mode, probably just picked up stockings "for gf" or something. Now I just shop for womens clothes in either mode, no on really cares anymore
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Jim,
    I'm so happy that you had such a nice experience, thank you for sharing. I first bought femmy things as a teenager, until this time I had mainly borrowed things from my mother. I don't remember what is was, I likely said that it was a gift for my girlfriend or my mother. It MAY have been stockings, all that I remember was that the SA was a young lady and that she was helpful and non-judgemental, as I'm not sure that she believed my "gift story". Memories do fade after nearly 50 years. I may have two, or more events, confused.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Not too long ago I went out shopping for the first time to get some clothes and I too had a great time and nobody care and it was really easy compared to what I thought. Only and elderly couple gave me some look and they said something under their breath as they passed.
    I'm glad you had a good time shopping!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    My first shopping experience was probably while I was still in California; I went into a Sears and found a lovely white peignoir set (remember, I was still only into nightgowns back then). It lasted until the purge when the woman that I would later marry moved in with me.

Like Julie, I do most of my shopping online, but I've also bought the occasional item at Walmart, cosmetics at Walgreen's or the supermarket, and so forth. I'm saving up some Lane Bryant gift cards, though, and, one day soon, I will walk into the nearby Lane Bryant en femme, with those gift cards in my purse, and see what I can find!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

First in person experience for me was after i left college. I drove to austin (i lived in Killeen). Found this great place called The Bazaar. SA assistant asked me about sizes - didnt really know how to answer so i told her flat out it was for me. She was awesome and she made a huge profit that day. Ended up bying a couple of dresses, shoes, undies, hose, etc. They had a partner store next door that catered to the acting community. I bought wigs and other stuff there as well. It was a memorable day.

Bree

I shop all the time in person. I used to be terrified of it, however, what I have learned is that they are just as happy to take my money as they are to take a GGs hard earned coin. It took a LOT of courage to do it for the first time, but I have never had a bad experience at a store. Macy's, Forever21, MAC, Agaci, Madden, Bakers etc... no probs at all.

My first shopping experience was a long time ago but I still remember it clearly. The only thing I bought was a pair of lace panties, but up until that time I had never felt so feminine and so masculine at the same time. I felt masculine because I'd finally had the courage to do something I'd wanted to do for a long time.

The panties wore out a long time ago, but I still have them. Some day I'm going to make a wall plaque with them alongside my first pair of breastforms, which also wore out a long time ago. (I probably won't ever do that, but it's a pleasant thought!)

What you did was fine.
    It is a good way to get SA's on your side and they do like to help.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good to hear that! nice to go shopping in a actually store instead of amazon or online lol.