Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club wear question

Club wear question

I have been wrestling with what to wear out. I plan on going to a club for a night on the town. I want to blend as well as possible, so the purple dress is out. The last two times I went out I wore my LBD, so I want to wear something different. Ideas?

Why not the purple? It makes a statement, yet can be sedate, though I haven't seen it.

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    Megan,
    From what I gather, you have not been to this club before. Otherwise you would know what everyone else was dressed like. Depending on what the club is known for may give you an idea of what to wear. If they have a website that could be helpful also. The style of the dress is what matters more than color in a club setting. Most important is to just have fun!

The website is the problem! It seems like most of the girls -- I think they are lesbians -- seem to be wearing T-shirts and jeans... Not my ideal dress up and go out outfit!

I will post a picture of the purple dress, but it would be Monday at the earliest...

For me I'd dress business style with a knee length black skirt and a lighter colored top maybe even a silk top. Throw on a dark sweater and it's as if you just got off work from the legal office..... Nude hose and a pair of 4" heels and you're good.

Renne.....

Banned Read only
    I advise scouting the club in advance and dressing appropriately for the night and location. In some clubs, ****ty is the dress code. In most, casual to professional is the rule. What are the ladies wearing on the night you plan to go?

Its pretty safe to, if wearing a skirt or dress above the knee length, with a tank or cami if its with jeans or skirt ,a tunic is ok with or with out tights depending of the look of your legs , This style tends not to stick out too much , use current trend colours..
    and don't forget good heals ,not boots

Pick from the nice fun outfit from Macy's...... but not the prom stuff.

I would go for the jeans and t-shirt...
    Chickie

Nope...if it is a club, wear CLUBWEAR. I wear minidresses all the time and they are fun....

A little red PVC crop top matching red PVC very short skirt and thigh high red PVC 6" heel boots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    In my neighborhood, we have girls night out on Fridays. When we're there, we own the place. I've worn everything from a skirtsuit to jeans and have always gotten great compliments. Killer heels are a must.

If i was to go to a club, I would want to "Blend" in with what the normal patrons wear. Why would you want to "Stand Out"?

Quote Originally Posted by melissakozak View Post
    Nope...if it is a club, wear CLUBWEAR. I wear minidresses all the time and they are fun....
    I agree,if it is a nightclub,then go with the LD and have fun ! You can wear the "longer stuff" when you get old!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A nite club where they wear jeans and T shirts? What kind of club is that? Oh! You're in NC. Sorry! Never mind!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would check out the club and see what others are wearing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    I've got a novel idea for you. Why don't you wear what YOU feel most comfortable and femme in? It's a club! Just about anything (within decency limits) goes! Don't worry about what others are wearing. Have fun with your fashion. One of the things I like about going to some clubs is the diversity of styles. I don't want too see everyone dressed the same. How boring is that? The most important thing to wear when you go is a SMILE! Remember, if you are not comfortable with yourself, nobody else will be either! Hope this helps. Hugs,Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm with Tonya, the rocketscientist, why on earth would you want to blend in at a club? At a club, I want to stand out and be noticed! That's why I'm there. I like blending a little at restaurants and other mainstream venues.

Amen--if your LBD is tired, sounds like a great reason to shop for another one.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Nope...if it is a club, wear CLUBWEAR.

+1
    Heck, YEA!
    Clubs are for their dance floors and glitzy lighting. A shiny lycra top and heels (that are easy to slip off when really shakin' it) usually are good choices.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Here are the promised pictures of the purple dress...
    Front:

Back:

Totally with you Mellissa - thats usually my rule of thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    A little red PVC crop top matching red PVC very short skirt and thigh high red PVC 6" heel boots
    am thinking i like the clubs where you hang out. : devil:

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    From the responses, I'm guessing most go to some pretty tame clubs. I'd go with either a latex catsuit with platform boots, gothic attire with death metal New Rock boots, or jeans/tshirt depending on the dress code at the club event.

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan_Renee View Post
    I have been wrestling with what to wear out. I plan on going to a club for a night on the town. I want to blend as well as possible, so the purple dress is out. The last two times I went out I wore my LBD, so I want to wear something different. Ideas?
    Megan said she wants to blend as well as possible. That is why it was suggested to see what other girls were wearing (answer: t-shirts and jeans). If she wants to stand out from the rest of course wearing something flashy would be the way to dress. Megan, I like the purple dress, especially if you feel comfortable in it. That is what matters the most!