Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those dreaded purges......

Once I started dressing regularly, I have never purged. This despite the fact that I went for five years without ever dressing. I kept everything in a couple of large suitcases in the back of my closet. Nowadays, my collection would fill several closets. The closest thing I ever did to a purge which I now regret was donating/selling all my ex-wife's clothes when she and I divorced. She left with the clothes on her back, and left everything else with me. Despite being a total nutcase, as it turned out, she was unbelievably sexy, and had purchased lots of clothes made for a total hottie. She was a little larger than I am, but her collection of lingerie, dresses, and hippie stuff, which I encouraged, would be wonderful to have. I call it somewhat of a purge because I tried on a couple of the things before donating, and was very turned on. I then suppressed further dressing for about fifteen years. In addition (and this will freak out those who buy only new and/or those who wash everything they buy used), I am thrilled when something I buy has a whiff of perfume in it. All my ex's clothes (and I kept a few things ) have her scent, even after all the years.
    Last edited by Anneliese; 05-07-2013 at 04:26 AM.

I've only been dressing (at home) for the last year and a half, only new so have only purged once and got rid of quite a lot of dress', bras, panties. Have now built up again and every now and again get the urge to purge but think about every person who posts here or other sites I have looked at to understand how I feel and they all say they regret the throwing out, so I don't do it.

A lot of interesting thoughts and experiences. A lot of you seem to completely purge and I guess that is the point of purging but after doing it a few times, you know it's coming back so the best things you have usually makes it through

I found those of you that have purged like ten times or more didn't learn your lessons in your life as a CD

I think the best advice ever about purging is to put your things in a box/luggage, hide them away and try to forget they are there so that you didn't waste the money. Temptation is always there though so I can understand the all or nothing. I have been there myself
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I've actually done it, then gone out and bought the same thing again

I can't say that I've ever purged, I have discarded items from time to time for various reasons.

Though I can say that I recently moved and put everything into a storage place for a few months.

That has been a very rough few months, that is the closest I've been to a purge.

Quote Originally Posted by cdrachael View Post
    every now and again get the urge to purge but think about every person who posts here or other sites I have looked at to understand how I feel and they all say they regret the throwing out, so I don't do it.
    Wish I had done that more, damn!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    A lot of interesting thoughts and experiences. A lot of you seem to completely purge and I guess that is the point of purging but after doing it a few times, you know it's coming back so the best things you have usually makes it through

I found those of you that have purged like ten times or more didn't learn your lessons in your life as a CD

I think the best advice ever about purging is to put your things in a box/luggage, hide them away and try to forget they are there so that you didn't waste the money. Temptation is always there though so I can understand the all or nothing. I have been there myself
    I know I know I know I know...this insanity has to stop I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    In addition (and this will freak out those who buy only new and/or those who wash everything they buy used), I am thrilled when something I buy has a whiff of perfume in it.
    I used to be into that scene but only buy new now. Must've purged boatloads of goodwill stuff over the years, too much to remember.

I purged once while going thru a nasty divorce. The only thing I really wish that I had back was my jewelry.

In 55 years, twice. Once when I was getting married, for the first time, and really wanted to break my "dirty little habit" and once, when I found out that I had cancer and was going under the knife so that in-case I didn't make it, I didn't want anyone to find out about "Sheila". I tossed some nice shoes, a couple of beautiful dresses and some marvelous lingerie. I feel bad that I didn't donate it. Which, if it ever happens again, I would do. Back then I was still so afraid of being discovered that I just wanted to be rid of it. Having said that, I would also add that we all do things that we feel are right for ourselves at any given moment. It's taken me a very long time to get to the point of being really OK with myself but, who knows? This "Journey" we're on takes so many twists and turns, you never know when the next S@#% Storm will hit! Hopefully, when it does, I'll be wearing something in a light blue chiffon...

I've purged a few times, not in the last decade. I do routinely donate clothes to charity that don't fit now, or never got much use. I kind of regret giving up the leopard print dress I wore to my first TG Halloween party, and the black sleeveless A-line with little flowers I wore the very first time in public. I still have the black V-neck blouse with gathered waist & silver scrolling around the neck & hem that I think was the very first outerwear I ever bought--never quite have found the opportunity to wear it in public. But I have just lost 10 pounds, expect to lose another 10 this spring, so it would be just the summer-weight thing to reward myself for the weight loss. Thanks for reminding me!!!

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Wow! I think I have purged 10 times before my wife and I had the chat. I have not purged in a while.

One Item that I regret: In the beginning I was huge on Victoria Secret RIO, string bikini, and thong panties. I probably had over 60 pairs. One day I purged. I wish I would have never let them go. I had the best colors and designs. To this day I am sick about it.

One Item that has made it through the purges: Boyfriend Old Navy Jeans.
    be sweet for me

-Renae

I haven't purged in years and will never do so again. As far as clothes go, I don't care for anything that I threw away. But, during the purging cycles, I deleted some old digital photos of myself. Would definitely like to have those back, but will never have the chance

I know what you mean Jess, I had a few photos I would have loved to have today to do a comparison on how my look has changed for the better or the worse to todays photos. I keep every photo I take now on a pen drive so that in a few years I can cringe at my latest photos lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I've purged multiple times over the years and always regret it but enjoy going back out and shopping for new things. I had very nice sheer pink and lacy bra and panty set I loved to wear as it fit so nicely. The panties full cut but not loose fitting. I wear a size 12 womens shoes and the number of shoes I've purged is really upsetting as it's hard to replace those.

I have purged when leaving for college, before marriage. At the suggestion of my inept counselor, and at the urging of my wife a few times. Wish I had again, Yes some nice things: maid's outfit, nurse outfit, water bra, human hair wig, pictures from my first makeover, lost wedding dress, and prom dress.

Purged a couple of weeks back. Went out and bought a dress at a thrift shop" my first attempt at wearing a dress ",put it on ,looked in the mirror and saw Friar Tuck and immediately threw everything I had acquired out , but now wanting to go shopping for more things. Got rid of the clothes but still have the desire.

I have done this way to many times. But the shopping is fun. But some of the things I got rid of I can't buy anymore.