Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to try something...

I want to try something...

The plan/idea is to get a manicure and colour, I'm thinking either radioactive green or something that matches my eyes. The only thing is though that I'd be keeping it all in male mode.

Personally, I don't care what the general public thinks but I'm interested in any stories of anyone else doing this for extended periods.
    My mom might get upset, but then again I was planning to get her a gift certificate from the same spa for Mother's day.

The rest of my family...
    They'll just think "oh, he's just gay" so you gotta love the gay buffer even if it is a bit disingenuous.

Years ago when the Denver teams actually played beyond the end of regular season (playoffs) I would get my nails done in whatever team colors were appropriate, Blue and orange, Crimson and royal blue OR NASCAR colors...(Smoke used to have the red candy apple Office depot car). I got nothing but compliments.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I go with painted nails all the time in guy mode most all the time.
    Sandals when its warm and have gotten many compliments from men and women alike. Its not that strange anymore.

the two things that I wish would happen in our society is that nails and toes painted and men with makeup on to hide any blemishes would be accepted as the norm. Then men and women would be shopping in the same department for much the same products.. the companies would double their sales. I do not know why most of the companies have not already started brands that are both gender related. They could make advertisements and commercials about the products, thus helping in the spread of cross dressing.

Loreigh had a very good idea, maybe I shoudl get little blackhawk logos :-)

Corinne,
    I would not do it but it's your adventure.
    See how it goes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I was planning on it but the spa wasn't open today, I'll have to plan for it tomorrow.
    Somehow I feel incredibly crazy to do something so loud that could potentially cause problems, but damnit I need to express myself and own my own body again.

We'll just have to see how it goes tomorrow...

I have been doing it since July 2012 in male mode. I also go to the the Y regularly and have had only one comment and it was a nice one. I have had a few raised eyebrows. It is real covenant when the the hot tub is crowded, I stand on the edge and dangle my toes in and it clears out real fast LOL ( just kidding about that).

Kelley
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Well, if you have some misgivings about it, how about taking smaller steps first to build or reinforce yourself to where you want to be? Do your toe nails first. That way you will not cause yourself undo issues before you are ready to handle them, you will have some very pretty toenails, and you can shoe them off whenever you feel the most comfortable wearing some pretty new sandals too. I.e. push the envelope in small increments. That way you will build up your confidence, and when you are ready to face everyone with painted finger nails you will be better mentally prepared. Either way good luck and enjoy the colors.

PS: My 6,800th post. Yippee!

I'd thought about that, except my feet are off limits due to OMG WARTS!
    It's been pretty stubborn, but mostly gone now but I'm 99% sure no one would touch my feet and I don't want to spread the love either.

But the main reason is I need to push the envelope a bit.
    I've given those around me enough time, there is only so long I can hold off expressing myself especially when no effort is made to meet me half-way.

Besides, let the record show that I'm triple-dog-daring myself so hopefully I'll snap some proof when the deed is done.
    :P

So I'll relate a quick personal experience that just happened to me. I was away on a business trip last week. On Friday afternoon I had about a
    four hour drive home. I painted my nails a bright red before I hit the road. I really loved the drive. Looking at my nails as I drove made me
    smile the whole way home.

About half way home I decided I was hungry and thirsty. I was going to remove the polish, I was enjoying it too much. So I pulled into a
    fast food joint and went through the drive through window. The girl at the window was in her early twenties I guess. Never said a word about the
    nails. Didn't chuckle, didn't pause, didn't stare. Just wished me a nice day. So I was really enjoying the drive home.

About 30 minutes from home I open the first of the two removed pads I had with me and found it dried up. Same with the second. Now
    I'm stuck with the polish. So I pull into a Walmart, walk in with my beautiful nails, pick up a box of remover pads, and head to the counter.
    The 50ish lady at the checkout didn't even blink. I paid and walked out.

Not saying that everyone would be cool with it, but certainly it was a lot less of an issue than I expected. I say try it, you just might have a
    great experience.

Jackie

Jessica Who already did it ,, Follow her an you will find a Video of it where she kept her Nails painted in Guy Mode .

My nails have been painted since about 1980, while I still did guy mode alot. Never had a negative comment. Mostly I got those obsevations, phrased as a question 'You paint your nails?'. Just answer, 'Yeah, don't you love the color?'. They change the subject instead of answering. Good Luck!

I don't usually paint my fingernails but they are highly buffed and smooth - even in girl mode (unless am going to be gone from work for a while - vacation). I've never had a negative comments when in guy mode. WOmen will often say they wished their husbands took such great care of their nails. I've received lots of compliments in girl mode.

Once you get over feeling self consious, painting your nails is no big deal. I have been painting my nails for many years now. those that know me do not even comment. it is just something I do. The hard part is overcoming your self consciousness. Once that barrier is crossed an color will be fine. I also own my own business in a male centric, dominated industry. I work everyday with colored nails. This weeks color is pink.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

I know! They do some amazing things with nails now. I love seeing all these GG girls and their awesome fingernail patterns and colors. Lots of girls keep their fingernails so pretty like that everyday...which is kind of expensive when you add it up. But yeah, worth it 'cause they're like art in motion. Me, I just do mine myself, red or pink or black depending on mood. I like your idea about a radioactive green design 'cause if you have green eyes..like Yeah girl! Totally. And it so would accentuate that aspect of yourself which is a rare phenom. Green eyes...so awesome enchanting alluring captivating and beautiful (m jealous..lol)

They'll just think "oh, he's just gay" so you gotta love the gay buffer even if it is a bit disingenuous.
    What a strange dynamic. "He's just gay - I am glad he is not one of those weird drag queen types!"
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Well, I've been doing my toenails for years now, fingernails occasionally. I actually painted my fingernails on friday and left if on all weekend, color was a lightish purple, but very obvious, went to the mall like that too...

I know the feeling Corinne, I've been having the same feeling recently...
    I so badly want to go to work like that, probably will do it soon though. Sometimes I do one or two nail and go to work like that.

Hi Corrinne: I have done two things mentioned in this thread: Painted my nails in an NFL team's color for the Superbowl (I lived in the town of the other team and did it just to tick off the locals) which got me lots of laughs from boss and coworkers. I also did my nails in a very girly pink color and got lots of strange looks and comments.
    My advice to anyone who has ever asked about "girlifying" their look and how it would go over at work has been to evaluate your situation. If you have been at your job for a long time, have a good work record, don't deal with the public, etc. you can likely get away with it without any negative repercussions. If you are new at a job, have other issues at work or deal with the public on a regular basis I would advise against it. If that is the case, just wait to do it when you are on vacation, out of town, out sick, etc.

Silver Member
    I guess it depends where you live. Some of the goth guys around here wear black nail polish (though they are making an alternative statement to begin with and intentionally not trying to blend in), and I saw some gay guys this weekend at an event who had green polish, orange polish etc. (non-feminine colors.) I rarely ever see a conventional/hetero/cisgender man wearing polish here though.

RADIOACTIVE GREEN IT IS!

No, my mom wasn't too happy about it but I still regret nothing!

Mikisj:
    I know, but OTOH I don't want to tell them anything until I know more about myself.

Forgot something...

Before you say anything I already know my keyboard is filthy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cute, very cute. Looks like a pearly/kandi green, nice prop as well

Looks great on ya

I like it. Ive been eyeing neon colored polish lately too. It seems popular for summer, cheerful, and pretty androgynous.
    Last edited by Andy66; 05-08-2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: speeling