Thread: I did it. Went shopping in public.

I did it. Went shopping in public.

Since I was a little older than 2-3, I've been a crossdresser. I might not have known the names or terms, ever felt comforatable telling people who and what I am or ever be brave enough to go out shopping. This isn't a big city, and my family is known by ALOT of people so there is always someone I know that I run into every time I step out the door. So public shopping was never an option.

Until two days ago.

Our city has several "garage sale" pages for people giving out info on real ones, to selling their misc goodies. Normally I see something I like but being a dress size of 20-22w... well, there is always a part of me who hates all you skinny people. Because it takes a lot more effort to find something in my size than it does in yours.

So behold, a woman makes a post about a local bridal store that went under and donated A LOT of dresses to The Post and Salvation Army. For 25 dollars. Each.

I almost tripped over my chair. What you say? So I grabbed my GST cheque of like 100 bucks, and froze.

Who am I going with? One such as myself doesn't just go into a place like that and sift through dresses and the like. I'm not even sort of near passable as a woman, even if I wanted to go out like that which I don't. But still. With my slight gut and shaggy brown hair and beard... it might look a little off to go alone. Several of my friends who know about me would love to, if only they lived even remotely near me. Tried hitting up my ex who I've been talking to, hoping that this would be a great time to meet up, hang out, shop and get an honest answer. She said yes till about sometime after I had a shower this morning. No one else was free. And I best hurry because a dress in my size won't last long.

So I stood up, and told myself: "You are a man! A MAN! What do men do?! We do MANLY things! IN Manly ways! You will go to that store, you man you, and you will find a dress in your size, that you like, and you will buy it. MOVE!"

Sure enough, aside from being sick and having it ungodly hot outside, I dropped off a few bags of clothes I don't wear or haven't ever fit for those who might need it, cashed my cheque and bam! First store I go into, first dress I check: Size 18. I check the others... nope. Unless I was a size 8-12, nothing. So I wait for the sales lady to be free of elderly customers, take it up and pay for it, we chat for a bit about how it's not for me (and yes, I winked at her after I said it), she wished me a good day and off I went feeling like a boss! Decided to the check the other store too. Nothing. Not even a grad dress. Bleh. Picked up a few smaller un-crossdressing related items and trudged home and was all, "I WIN!" to all my friends who were all very proud!

Even took a few pictures and put them on Brianna's Facebook page. Because I'm awesome! Am I still shy of shopping in public? Oh god yes. But a 25 dollar dress that normally would sell for upwards of a grand? Score! >
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615

so how was it going out shopping as women

I don't really leave my bedroom dressed as a woman, let alone go out in public or shop. Such talk is madness!
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615

Imeni,
    You obviously had a great day.
    I am looking for an upgrade to my wedding dress also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.