Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theory on Need of Going Out

VALIDATION is why. That's why we take so many pictures. We need to know it really happened. It's all good. Ruby

I go out because I am me. I like how I look and how I feel. I agree with Tracii, I do the same things I always like to do.

Yes I like being admired (and fear when that will stop). And like Eryn said I have spent a fortune on this. I used to hide. I made me ill. Now I am having a great time (usually...there is one speed bump). For some reason when I am out people feel the need to connect, they talk to me about everything like they have known me forever. I am seldom alone very long. I like all that.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    are you stating that because I do not identify as female, when I go out presenting as one, I am not genuine or truthful? I am 100% genuine when I present as female. It is "me" I am a cross dresser. That's the truth. I enjoy my time in female mode. That's the truth. I am expressing a part of the real me. That is the truth.
    OK, if you want to spin it that way, I'll agree that you are a genuine crossdresser. I think that most people (especially those with male identities) understood what I meant. When we transform, our intent is to look like women, not crossdressers. With a male identity I would not be genuine or true to my identity by presenting as a woman. That's what I meant.

.........at times I long to get out--part of me has always wanted to be a girl, just not all of me --- It just feels right to get out and feel female.............................Debra

Banned Read only
    Going out en femme I believe is the same feelings a GG gets when she's all dolled up and wants to show her beauty to the world. Same feelings only difference is I'm a GM. I like to become beautiful and show my beauty to the world also. The anticipation is also great knowing that my turn is coming up.......YAY

For me it's not that complicated. I get up in the morning and put on my femme clothes. I need something from the store. I don't feel like changing.

I don't generally put a lot of effort into my presentation. Other than lipstick I seldom wear makeup. But for those that do put a lot of effort into it, and still don't go out, doesn't it seem odd that all this effort would make one less acceptable to society rather than more?

I'm not criticizing. It just strikes me as odd, that's all.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Simply put, I go out because it is the normal thing for a person to do. This [particular person is Sam Antha and she loves the out there places. After all, she has a place in current life.
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

because why waste a nice outfit on the Tonight show....lol dana

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    For me, it's just wanting to express my feminine side while doing things that I already like to do (movies, dinner, etc.)
    Sure there may be an element of need for acceptance, but I'd say the major reason I go out is to interact with people and to do something fun. I get bored sitting around alone.

I think the desire to go out en femme is simply the desire to be accepted and wanted for who we really are. I know for my own feelings, it really hurts a little every time I hear someone say all the horrible things about CD/TS/TG etc.; I try to be careful, and let them know it's really nothing bad, that there are all types of people in the world and we should all just live and let live. yet I often hear rebukes against that, some people simply will never accept us.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm going to suggest another reason for wanting to "go out", perhaps a much simpler reason:

We've gone to all the trouble to buy the clothes, wigs, forms, padding, makeup, jewelry, etc. and we've gone to all the trouble to learn how to look and act like a female. Going out (and attempting to pass as a female) is just a test of our skills and a reward for all the effort.

Pretty simple, but that does it for me.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I have not been out yet. There are a few reasons, I'm not sure if I'm ready yet ( not confident enough ), where I live is not the safest place to be caught in a dress. I do have the desire to go out tho. I'm really not sure why I want to. I just know its something I would like to experience. Maybe once I finally do I'll be able to understand it better.
    Hugs , Nikki Rich

Ally is a bad girl and is not allowed to go outside. If she did, the things that she likes to do when dressed would get her arrested. Fortunately with the Internet, she can do all those things that would be inappropriate in public to an appreciative audience.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

I struggle with authenticity. It's very important to me, but I can't pass, & won't shave the handlebar. I'd like to blend in, just be a regular girl--well, old lady--browsing in shops & chatting. I do all that, sometimes with a wig, sometimes without, lately with DD breast forms & a mask over my nose & mustache. Authenticity? I'm authentically in disguise, fooling only myself. I've often gone out fully en femme, with never more make up than nail polish, often had pleasant encounters. It's fun!

I do have nice clothes, & a sense of style. I love to shop & like to show off what I've assembled in attractive outfits, not just buy things that sit in the closet until they get donated to make space for more. Isn't that the same reason GGs shop & dress up?

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

There is no " need" to go out beyond the " need" for the same social activity everyone else takes for granted as normal.

Crossdressers and all transgendered people only want the same social rights and liberty all other individuals take for granted and enjoy without restriction or question.

Equal rights for all without fear of persecution...or prejudice. Here is a very recent and topical story in Canada:

Recently an engaged T Gurl was flatly refused service at a Saskatchewan Bridal Boutique - because she was a transgendered.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...er-130502.html

This is not justice.

Thus we " need' to live normal lives like everyone else, free of fear and prejudice.

Amen Sisters

Me too, girl. Me too.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
    There is no " need" to go out beyond the " need" for the same social activity everyone else takes for granted as normal.

Crossdressers and all transgendered people only want the same social rights and liberty all other individuals take for granted and enjoy without restriction or question.
    I disagree. I am not making a political statement when I go out. I am not worried about my rights. It's self validation.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I think the desire to go out en femme is simply the desire to be accepted and wanted for who we really are. I know for my own feelings, it really hurts a little every time I hear someone say all the horrible things about CD/TS/TG etc..
    Forgive them, for they know not what they mock.....Too Bad for them I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    Forgive them, for they know not what they mock.....Too Bad for them I'd say
    Good way to put it..

Very well put Linda. Very well put!

The first time I thought of dressing as an adult male I wanted to go out on Halloween to an adult costume party. So inside, there was obviously a desire to be seen in public. But I missed the event for family events. As I dressed in private I, myself, yearned to go out. But I lived in a small conservative city with no place to go. When I moved 5 months ago, a new situation presented itself as I was now single. I eagerly look forward to days off, I wear about 50% of women's clothes at all times. One day I dressed as any normal classy woman would and went to the mall...ALONE! Scarey, YES. Thrilling, YES. Confidence inspiring, PRICELESS! Everyone in every store addressed me as Ma'am. But for nighttime entertainment, you can't beat the gay clubs. I had never ever been to one as a straight male but going as Ashlyn was exhilarating to say the least. Especially if you go to one with drag shows. I went alone and I've never gone to any club alone in my life. I was complimented, and visited with, and introduced to others, but most importantly, I was openly accepted. I love it!!!! So if you haven't been out yet and there is even the slightest tickle in you, muster up the courage and just do it, like Nike.

Mmmuah,
    Ashlyn
    Last edited by Ashlyn Brooke; 05-11-2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Thought I was responding to one statement.

I want to explore / experience a greater depth of the authentic me, and that just isn't possible dressing in the closet. I need to interact to discover who Dani really is, and if I what it would mean to become Dani full time.

Just like others have said, when I started going out it was for the thrill, to see if I could do it and so on. Now it find my reasons are changing. I've always felt more "me" when dressed, more relaxed and complete, and now I go out to be me. I think people, especially women, sense this and I simply enjoy being myself. I don't know how others see this, but when I am dressed I am more aware of the world around me and of other people -- and much more likely to interact with others. Yesterday my wife made that very observation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club