Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***Poll*** Own hair vs wig

Wigs for over 40 years. I have a great deal of my own hair, but I prefer wigs.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I would prefer my own hair compared to a wig but I have been shaving my head so long that even to get it back to where it was before I shaved it would take forever, let alone letting it grow to a point where it could be styled. I love the variety you get from wigs. You can go curly, straight, long , short, different colors......it all depends on your pocket book I guess What I really want is one that looks natural and not like a wig, that's the real challenge.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Wigs all the way. You can change color & style at the drop of a dime

Although my hair is long, full and blonde I prefer to wear a wig. Oops, I meant was...

Aspiring Member

Long hair...

I am growing my hair long, it is now down below my shoulders. I however am 'blessed' with a full head of hair so MPB is not an issue. Long hair is more of a problem and requires more care but it is what I am going with. BTW, mine is white-blonde, almost no color left.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

own hair, no contest
    You can't fly with the eagles if you sleep with the pigeons.

Wig all the way for me! It's the only way I can have any actual hair. The real stuff keeps falling out!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I can only grow my forehead, where nature has decided that my forehead wishes to meet with the nape. So wigs it is

Plus I got used to having a No.2 razor from my military days, so don't miss it that much either, bar the fact things would be easier in girl mode.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 05-09-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I do wear wigs now but when I was younger I had hair down to my mid back. I miss it a lot. I remember cutting it off for a job.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

My hair is 9" and I want to get to 12". Most everyone I know likes it as it is and so do I!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Makeup addict!
    Always wigs. I keep my natural hair short

I used to have long pretty hair, but my wife didn't like it, so I cut it short. Now I'm bald as an egg, and it's wigs or nothing.

I do both and prefer to use my own hair but think I probably look better in a wig.

Silver Member
    Wig - for the good reasons already stated.

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    I could,nt imagine wearing a wig...I appreciate some of us have to though and I empathise...but I love having my own hair though I dont think I would go as far as having it cut in a female style

I prefer my own hair just feels a lot more natural, never liked short hair anyway.
    One time I was getting haircut with the same hairdresser of my mother and sister and she told me we all have the same hairstyle, so I guess I'm was a little bless in that part.
    The really hard part is really maintaining a male look with long hair so is kind of contradictions.

Natural hair for me. Not opposed to wigs, but my own hair feels like me( obvious I know lol) And its long already. I always wanted long hair as a kid, but I could never have it, so once I turned 18, I grew it out and haven't looked back since!

For me, a wig is a necessessity to cover up my bald noggin.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I wear my own hair, and I'm fortunate in several ways. First, I do have good hair, and I'm not losing it. Second, my fiancee likes me with long hair, even in guy-mode, so I was able to start growing it out long before she knew about my Amy-side. Third, I work in a profession where guys with long hair and ponytails are not unheard of, and are almost cliche figures, in fact.

In Amy mode, I let my hair down, brush the part more to the center, brush it out as straight as I can get it, and use cute hair accessories like a headband or barrettes. And I'm getting it trimmed on Saturday, hopefully to reshape into something a little more more feminine. Afterwards, just re-part on the left and gather it back into a ponytail, and I'll be good to go in guy mode again!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I like the variety of having a number of wigs. I had tried to wear my hair in a feminine style years ago, but wigs work best as far as I am concerned.

I would love to be able to use my own hair, but since its a bit thin on top, (not bald) and the hair line has receeded a bit, I'm kind of stuck with a wig. Makes me wish I started dressing when I was a teen, had awesome thick full head of hair then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Platinum Member
    Hi Erica, At 70 I still have a full head of hair but I keep it in a regular male haircut.
    I have about thirty wigs all styles , lengths & colors but my favorite is the
    blonde shoulder length lightly curly wig it is the one that gets about 95% of the time that I'm dressed.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My own hair with a fem cut

It's all mine. Thankful to have it.

When my hair was really long I loved to have fun with it by wearing it in different styles. But then I shaved it all off because my oldest daughter had cancer and her hair was falling out. I didn't want her looking at me, with my blonde locks, and feeling bad about herself. But after I shaved it all off I began missing my hair. I didn't feel quite like myself without it. Kinda vain of me huh? So I look my daughter with me to the wig store at the mall and we spent the afternoon trying on various wigs. I showed her how fun it is to experiment with different wigs. Each one gave her a completely new look. It was nice to see her smile. "You are more than just the sum of your hair." I told her.
    She purchased a wig that most closely matched the color, length and style of how her real hair was.
    I'd call that "Having a good hair day."
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.