Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scary trip to 7-11

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar

Scary trip to 7-11

I made a new goal to try and get out at least once every week or two, usually a drive or a short walk. Today I was feeling a little braver. So I decided on a trip to 7-11 for a coffee. I though it would be quick and easy, just get in and out. I got my coffee and was adding sugar when I heard some one walk up behind me. I didn't think much of it just kept going about my business. Then I hear a guy say "can I get some sugar, sugar?" and a hand slide down my back to my waist.

I froze and turned to my side to see a guy standing beside me, my instinct was to turn and clock the guy. But luckily I was able to control myself, and avoid making the situation worse. I turned and gave the cashier money leaving without getting change. I got in my truck and as I was pulling out of the parking, I looked back to see the guy watching me drive off.

I'm still shaking... I don't think I'll be going out for a while now.

Silver Member
    He would deserve to be decked for touching you... unfortunately, in this society today where there is no common sense or personal responsibility applied to the law, you are actually the one who could have ended up in legal trouble if you had.

But he would deserve it.

I would never touch a GG I didn't know anywhere... what was this guy, raised by wolves?

A frightening situation. Stay safe darli and always be carefull. Ladies are always subject to predators.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Congrats--- you passed! Now you take your time, when the shaking is over, to think out the best retort for that situation. I'm sure many members here (I'm not one yet) can provide good advice on how to handle an incident like that for the future.
    Julie

I have had similar. It is not fun at all. I just try to never be anywhere by myself just as a GG would.

How would I (do I ) handle it.....I get the hell out of dodge. I probably would not even have bought the coffee.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Thanks ladies, I'm starting to come back down to earth now. But, I still can't help but feel violated. I know it was nothing compared to what I've seen GG's deal with in the past, but being a hetero CD adds a different dimension to it. I now fully understand why my Mom used to warn my sister about guys when she was younger.

Candice,
    I had to smile, I frequented 7/11s in Europe and they always had the flotsam of life inside.
    They were situated in high density living areas and I never went to them dressed late at night.

Sorry it was unpleasant for you.
    Do more daytime outings.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That is very creepy. Unfortunately you did all you could do. I would have done the same..
    Done crying.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    I would never touch a GG I didn't know anywhere... what was this guy, raised by wolves?
    I don't get why this is so surprising to anyone. There are animals everywhere. If you think there are no risks to going out, think again.

Aspiring Member
    I can certainly understand how you feel Candice. I would never touch a female like that - it's out of bounds. And his comment was way out of bounds. However, judging from your photo, I can see why he saw you as attractive. You look like a beautiful woman. You are passing which is what we all try to attain. It's another part of being a woman.

My first first thought might be that hot coffee in the face makes for a wonderful learning experience, but that would probably just make a bad situation worse. You handled it well. Now you know to stay out of places like 7-11
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Aspiring Member
    Glad you made it through Candice. Just watch your surroundings and the people there the next time. Too many creeps out there!

Cheryl

My tip for the day: please ladies, always carry a can of pepper spray/mace with you when walking in the morning or evenings. I go for a walk every morning with my dog.
    Its just not that safe out there anymore, male or female, but dressed up, can just cause extra unwanted attention.

Wow, that's scary. I'm sorry that that happened to you.

A simple turn while "spilling" your coffie down his pants "OH! I'm sorry. You startled me!" would have done the trick.

I would have called his bluff but that's just me I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

After an encounter like that one I would be shaking all night.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

MIss Candice, you really know how women feel now when guys are not proper to women, I so happy that you were able to keep the event safe, it only say how cute you are as a woman, YOU GO GIRL!!!!! hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I'm glad you are OK. I think you handled it well.
    Stephanie

Ya did good kid. You walked away. That was the smartest move. I tend to be a smart alec but I have learned that it is better not say anything. If you would have done anything different, it would have been to hand the coffee to the clerk and softly say you cannot be in a place where the customers are like that guy.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Your post gave no indication that he "busted" you and/or was trying to insult you...?

It's no wonder you were at least temporarily scared. Simply being touched anywhere when we are not expecting it [regardless of the circumstances] can do that and you were "dressed".

I'm guessing you haven't been out much but you handled it PERFECTLY. Had you pulled a "gut reaction" and spun and punched or tossed coffee [onto possibly a friend just messing with you] you might have felt pretty bad. Clearly, it was wrong for him to touch you, but you WERE safe inside the store and he obviously was not aiming for private parts and did not follow you out of the store. I think it should give you more confidence that you have hit a very large pothole in the road and negotiated it safely. It might have simply been a "bad compliment" from a clueless/classless guy.

Good Job!

Well ladies, at least those of you who are out to your family, here is another one of those teaching moments!

You might want to discuss this with sons and daughters so they are prepared.

My sons clearly would never be a predator but . . . . Never hurts to mention appropriate behavior with the ladies.

And our daughters all need to know how to try to safely avoid or react to this type of assault! Which it was!

You did the right thing by simply leaving. Never fight unless it's absolutely necessary. I've seen way too many people get messed up thinking they could "take" someone.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Maybe seeing a lovely transperson hit a switch in him that made him go "cuckoo for cocoa puffs" in which he would have never done to a genetic woman. Let's face it, the aurora of a transperson quite often clouds people's best judgements

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    So glad you are safe and OK.It is really scary I know.
    I have only had that happen one time at Target getting a drink in the lunch area, all I did was step to the side and said EXCUSE ME I'm married in a loud voice.
    All the people around got a good look at him too and he rushed out.
    The girl behind the counter saw everything and she said wow that guy was a jerk are you OK?
    She asked me to stay in the store until he was out of the parking lot. Good advice I thought.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-09-2013 at 06:43 PM.