Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the girl in the mirror

the girl in the mirror

I haven't been on this site for a while as I broke the laptop a few months ago and I have missed CD.com and all of the people on here. My wife and I have just replaced the laptop with a better model and have been itching to get back on the forum so here I am. I am alone most days now and the opportunity to dress and be myself has been abundant. I had some Andrea time yesterday and I feel my experimenting with my look is starting to pay off. I am getting better at applying make up and when I look in the mirror I still look like a man in a dress but a little more feminine as time and practice go on. Yesterday when I dressed I looked in the mirror and saw the inner girl looking back at me it was only for a microsecond but it wasn't a man looking back but the part of me that is female was in the mirror. I kept on looking back in the mirror but that fraction of a second was all I got it was a little trippy to say the least. I have only just begun my CD journey and would like to see the girl in the mirror for little longer next time. I was wondering if any of you see a different person looking back at you and not yourself dressed as a woman?.

Yes, I see the girl in the mirror, sometimes a little wine helps.

When I take off my glasses I'm see only a blury outline of a head. This way, when I'm a blonde, I can say that I look like anyone that I want too, for example Marilyn. As a redhead Maureen O'Hara or Rhonda Fleming, as a brunette Joan Bennett.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I typically only see a guy in a dress...... sigh....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    For me and a few others I know, it's the hair that completes the transition. I'm dressed, face is painted, but I'm still a guy in a dress until the wig goes on. Then I see the change. Oh yeah, and be sure to smile. My mirror girlfriend really likes me!

Wow, what a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing, gave me goose bumps.

As you noted, it is a slow process trying to catch up with GG's who have 20-30 years experience with clothing, hair, makeup, etc. Getting their too, and starting to enjoy looking at myself in a mirror a whole lot more.

Yes, I too, can see the woman within and hopefully I will attain the confidence to accept what my SO tells me about my "look". She thinks I look good, but then she loves me unconditionally! That is a very happy, content grin!

Andrea,
    I think most of us see a man looking back at them.
    I know I do, because familiarity breeds contempt and I all look at my own flaws instead of the overall picture.
    These days I possibly pass eighty percent of the time.
    When I was twenty it was pass all the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have always disliked the "man in a dress" in my mirror. For 10 years, I never looked in my mirror until I was completely dressed and masked!

These days, it's ALL about the woman in my mirror! And, that relationship is so convoluted, I may NEVER work it out!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry,
    You are lovely, thank you for posting so many outstanding threads and replies.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

some time yes and some time no

That's fantastic, keep going in your journey. I don't see another person in the mirror, just my feminine side, manifested in the real world

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    It's the hair that does it for me, too. I put on my lingerie including my forms before I do my makeup, then I pop the ponytail holder off and brush out my hair. I see flashes of Amy in the mirror beforehand, but that point is when I start to see Amy fully emerge. The outer clothing, jewelry, and shoes just reinforce that. It also helps that I play my "girly" music while doing all this, so if I feel like moving to the music a bit, it spices up the transition.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I suspect some foul play! For I haven't seen that GUY in the mirror for over two years now!??????????
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    Yes, I see the girl in the mirror, sometimes a little wine helps.
    Yes, I must agree with that, though my choice is Vodka!!

All of you folks talking about how it's the hair that does it makes me think of "Wig In a Box" from the musical/movie Hedwig and the Angry Inch:

I have the same thing happen; I'll walk by a mirror, turn my head and for a fraction of a second and see HER. It doesn't happen often, but it's a thrill when it does.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Hi,

What if you are the woman looking in the mirror the difference then is you are not trying to be other than who you are, so maybe how you look is the real person ,
    & the look is not like a female, theres not much you can do, except you are the way you are, of cause being accepted goes a long way , so its not the look that counts is it,

...noeleena...

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar

Hair

I agree with Lynn Marie. The hair makes all the difference, without it I am an old guy wearing feminine clothing and just a tad silly.

I am told you can see any number of other dimensional "selves" when you turn the lights out and put a flashlight under your chin and see other incarnations in the mirror. This is because we are actually multi-dimensional beings having several experiences at the same time.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I know exactly where you're coming from Andrea.
    The rush is amazing when for a moment or two I see the woman I'm trying to be. For that magical moment the guy in the dress disappears and life is good.

Platinum Member
    Hi Andrea, Once I put on my wig and big glasses I see the lady that I want to be smiling at me in the mirror.

Some times I cam see my Mom or my Sister looking back smiling at me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I look in the mirror, I suppose we all do, but I find that photos are much better for seeing what I really look like.

So, in photos from ten feet away, I look like a woman who has lived a hard life. Up close, a man in a wig.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

"Mirror..mirror..on the wall... am I still there? Or not at all?"
    When I was a child I often had dreams where I would look into the mirror and see myself as a perfect girl staring back at me. It was a fantasy but it left a permanent picture in my mind.As an Adult I realized I can not be that perfect image that I saw in the mirror way back when. I have to work with what I've got. Make a few changes here and there. And be satisfied with result. Imperfect as it may be. It is still "me". And I can live with that.
    There is always the danger of looking into the mirror and not recognizing the person on the other side. To lose touch with your own self-identity. I came close to that a few times. But then I realized that the image is not so important as how you feel inside. That is where your true identity lies.
    Last edited by dawnmarrie1961; 05-10-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

when fully dressed I see a woman in the mirror all the time. On "crossdresserchatcity" I am often told how passable I am.

All my life when I've looked in the mirror I have seen the girl/woman inside looking back.

Read a lot, learn more about yourself and your style. Learn about yourself, accept who you are and then you can be yourself.

Good luck and have a safe journey. Josie
    "Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions.", Jules Michelet, French historian
    Take care and God bless, Josie06[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]