Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirrors.

Mirrors.

How many people have a mirror next to them when they dress. Every time I get dressed, which at the moment is a couple of times a week, I always put a mirror on the sofa next to me and look at myself constantly.

I love seeing my self dressed and have to look. I also stand in front of various mirrors I have in my place. It works for me, does any body else stare at themselves when dressed?

Lucy Lou xxx

oh the ole mirror yep I stare and stare at it/them when I'm done up it never seems real, the woman who is looking back at me
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Danielle, you have just hit the nail on the head. It is the idea of seeing what I am seeing. Seeing myself dressed as a woman still make me fell, 'wow' Lucy

Well, if I looked as good as you, I'd spend a lot of time appreciating the results Danielle.

I have mirrors strategically placed in my home. I do like to check myself out in the mirror. It's also a great way to observe myself as I walk and such, I can see the flaws I need to work on. I also like when I have done an exceptional job of putting myself together, I'm always surprised that the pretty girl looking back at me, is me.

Ciara

I constantly look in mirrors to check that everything is in place.
    I do have to go and look in the full length mirror that is on the inbuilt wardrobe.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Except to do my makeup..... Nope... hard to drag a mirror to the mall! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Transitioning from one gender to the other is a significant block of time for me. It's a ritual that not only allows the outward appearance to change, but the mindset as well. As it turns out there is a full-length mirror in the closet, a double mirror in the bedroom, and two mirrors at right angles (not counting the makeup mirror) in the bathroom. This means that I can add a vision in perspective as each piece of Tina's apparal gets added, when she does her makeup, addition of her hair, then lipstick, and then nails! Maybe it's validation that it's actually happening, but watching her emerge and following the ritual means that she is complete when she leaves the bedroom; thought, looks, deportment, attire, and voice (she talks to herself!).

Couldn't do that without all those mirrors!!

Platinum Member
    Nope...only for make up

Have a bathroom full of mirrors and all over the house. Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who's the fairest of them all.

I like to see the finish Miki in a full length mirror, but no as each piece goes on. I bought a make up mirror from Sally's last weekend so I did have to drag my wife's along when I head out for the evening.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

girly girl
    Two big mirrors in the "girl room", two down by the PC where I hang out. One is right over my monitor so I can admire my makeup and hair.

As with most others, only for make-up along with some mirrors strategically placed around my home - to increase natural light and room aesthetics as well as checking my own appearance prior to going out. I can't say I have a mirror placed near me to keep looking at myself in. Something a bit too narcissistic about that if you ask me (and you did! lol).

I like to call it The Magic Mirror! In fact the whole process is Magic. Ruby

I suppose it is narcissistic, but it is rather more a chase of just reminding myself that I am dressed and made up as a woman and I am a man. LOl

Lucy

Quite right Ruby.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 05-11-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Merged- please use the edit button

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Lou View Post
    How many people have a mirror next to them when they dress?
    OMG ... well, I get dressed in our bedroom and part of the end wall of the room, from ceiling to floor, is a closet with double sliding mirror doors. So my "mirror" is 8 ft wide x 7 ft 6 ins tall
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Lucky you. Lucy

Mirrors all over our house. We also take lots of photos, love to look through our photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Lou View Post
    I suppose it is narcissistic, but it is rather more a chase of just reminding myself that I am dressed and made up as a woman and I am a man. LOl
    I just don't get that notion Lucy. I mean, whatever floats your boat... Perhaps as I'm a transsexual I have never seen the "man", just a woman with physical issues.

There wouldn't be much point for me in dressing if I couldn't see myself. If I'm not using a mirror, I'm looking at my image in monitor or TV through a Web cam feed.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Well done you, i know exactly what you mean. XX lucy

I use a magnifying mirror when I do my makeup and then walk to the bathroom to put on my wig. When I'm filming, I keep a mirror next to me and flip the cameras viewfinder toward me so I can see myself

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara Brianne View Post
    I have mirrors strategically placed in my home. I do like to check myself out in the mirror. It's also a great way to observe myself as I walk and such, I can see the flaws I need to work on. I also like when I have done an exceptional job of putting myself together, I'm always surprised that the pretty girl looking back at me, is me.

Ciara
    That's the counter-argument to us being narcissists. We're generally so paranoid about whether we've really made a successful transformation that we need lots of visual reinforcement. My mirrors urge me to stand up straighter, and they make me aware of which profiles to avoid sharing with others.

That, and we are narcissists who are attracted to our created selves. No denying that.

We have a full length mirror in the bedroom and of course I use it when I get dressed. Have to make sure the outfit looks right, don't you think? Would also be difficult to brush my hair without one...lol
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hi,

What would i need a mirror for, whats to look at any way. do takeing pic's of myself just for the record after i have been with our groups to put with all the others i'v taken during our times out at different outings . the clothes look nice, thats about all. Oh , & my headwear, not impresed with how i look so only when i need to.

...noeleena...