Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would your dog recognize you dolled up?

Would your dog recognize you dolled up?

A while back I posted that I don't think my own momma wouldn't recognize me dolled up, and it generated interesting discussion.

How about my dog? Yes, absolutely, no getting around it! I think it's a matter of not being able to get past his super doggie sense of smell and hearing. He treats all strangers, men and women, with trepedation, but Michelle gets a free pass.

May have to rethink passing by my own momma at the grocery store. Hugs, Michelle

The only way your dog would not recognise you is if he completely loses his sense of smell.

As a complete aside, for anyone who is a dog lover and likes thriller/crime novels, I would recommend Suspect by Robert Crais.

My dog never cared really, just wanted the bacon bits despite the quizzical look.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

One Halloween I was Dave Brockie from Gwar and my dogs started growling and got into pounce stance, I had to quickly remove my mask before I was attacked by a killer toy collie, lahapso and dashund... Mauled by semi lap dogs... That would have been amusing to say the least

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Our cat doesn't care; she loves me whichever mode I'm in and treats me just the same way. I just have to be careful when holding her to keep an errant claw from making a mess of my forms!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Yeah, pets will always know... but the occasionally give me the weird look, lol

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    She certainly knew the difference between my gendered selves, being more partial to Tina by a lot!!!

My dog watches me get dressed. No chance of fooling him.

I don't have a dog and my cat could care less so long as there is food in her dish and a clean litter box.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Yup, they see me dressed more often than in drabs. It doesn't seem to matter how I look so long as I have treats!

When I first confronted the dog he did not know from a distance, but smell take over closeup.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I can only speak for our cat. She is ambivalent and only cares that her food dish is full and gets the occasional neck rub. I'm just glad she can't speak our language, use the phone, or the internet.

Cheryl

Our cats think I'm my wife.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

This is probably stupid. But I always feel like the dog is judging me when I'm dressed up. I know that's likely not possible, and he does know it's me, and he likely won't share the secret. But it freaks me out a little anyway.
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Like they care...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (31.5 KB, 23 views)

My dog doesn't seem to notice any difference in me no matter how I'm dressed. I think they depend mostly on smell and hearing to recognize others, and appearance is not very important.

- Diane

We were watching a dog for about a week or so and I dressed up one night while she was here. I came walking out of the bedroom and was in the doorway by the dog. I think I scared it half to death because she started barking like I was a complete stranger. She knew me very well and had been around me for at least a year on a daily basis. When I spoke her name she immediately calmed down. Now, if I looked bad enough to scare the dog then I must be one ugly woman. Lol!!! Our dog on the other hand doesn't even bat an eye when I dress. He such a good dog.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

The first time my dog saw me in a black costume wig she barked at me but as soon as I opened my mouth she knew it was me and gave me a puzzled look

My dog sees me dressed all the time and treats me the same. She smells its me and is totally accepting. Bless her. Lucy

With their sense of smell, there is no way a dress, makeup and wig are going to fool my dogs. They do kinda give me a strange look when the see me dressed. Come to think of it, they seem to give me a strange look anytime they see me. LOL
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Yea, my dogs always recognize me hehe

We had an odd cat a few years ago. She hated all men and loved women. Every time a man was in the room, she would hide under the furniture, and shake and cower. But when I dresses, she would come out and rub up against me and purr and even hop up into my lap to be petted. I'm not sure she could see the difference, maybe it was the smell or perfume or something.
    Stephanie

Aspiring Member
    Aside from not recognising us at first, and then realizing it's just us, I'd say that our pets demonstrate un-conditional love, something that many humans have never learned especially around us.

Cheryl

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    My dog couldn't care less what I have on, she only wants me to play fetch. Ina

Aspiring Member
    I've been through a dog for 15 years and a herd of cats over 40 years. Doesn't seem to make any difference to them. They only have one set of clothes but see us in every state from naked to whatever. They know and love us through a lot more than their sense of sight, and they don't seem to give a s**t about society's little boxes.