Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would your dog recognize you dolled up?

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    For the last year I have been working on a stray cat who has been hanging around the cabin he comes twice a day for food and when I am in drab he will run right off the porch. However when I am dressed he will stay right near the food bowl and let me feed him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

My dog knows me however I'm dressed. Another reason I love her is that she she doesn't care how I'm dressed. What does she know that people don't? Hmmm.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Mine did not recognize me at first, until I told them to shut up with the barking. Then they just looked confused. Now the one I still have knows.

Unconditional love. Dogs are wonderful. I have a snag in my nylons though.

I don't have dogs but I do have cats. When I dress they could careless.

Yes.... Unconditional love now matter how I'm dressed. I could be in a gorilla suit and she'd accept me. I wouldn't even have to prove I'm a gorilla to her either.lol.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistheart View Post
    I don't have dogs but I do have cats. When I dress they could careless.
    My experience is that they could care less generally, unless they want food or a warm lap. Gotta love'em, though.

Long time ago, my wife's dog (a massive Alsatian) launched himself at me. He and I were best friends, but I had come straight into the house after an Army exercise, still in filthy combats. I can only imagine two things - he had been trained to be very suspicious of combats, and I was pretty rank as a result of being in the field for a while. He DID recognize me when he was in mid-air, and turned aside, though.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

This is the thread that finally made me take the plunge and register.

I don't have a dog, but we do have gerbils. They are totally unfazed by anything you wear (clothing, respirators, welding mask, motor bike helmets etc im not into anything kinky, but a engineer by trade and work from home a lot) and still very much recognize you. That said, one of them is totally mesmerise by sparkly toe nail varnish!

I tried to keep the window door closed so that my dog couldn't smell me. With my wig and makeup on it takes about 3 seconds for my dog to process who is in front of her and then about 3 seconds later she starts wagging her tail again. I think she recognizes the features on my face.

I think my dog judges me when I'm dressed. She doesn't seem to want the same kind of attention.

A number of yrs ago, i was staying at someones house, and they had two dogs. When i got all dressed up, in wig, the big Mastiff, was terrified, and ran and hid everytime. Cats did not mind, or the other little dog. Of course, i only dressed when the homeowner was gone.

When I was a teenager i had borrowed a few things while my parents were out. My mom had a toy poodle that went crazy when he saw me until I pulled off the blonde wig.

My dog recognized me, but would give me dirty looks.........like "what are you doing???"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

My old dog "Lucky", a chow and German Shepard mix,. I remember when I came back from Virginia, after being separated from my wife for a year. I had my hair colored black and it was permed. I was wearing a mini-skirt and high heels. Lucky came running up to the door barking. At first she didn't seem to recognize me but as soon as she heard my voice saying "Hello, Girl." she peed all over the floor in excitement! God I miss that dog. My ex-wife has her. So at least I know she is being taken care of. She is such a good dog. (The dog. Not my wife. Well she's good too. But she isn't a dog.)
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Banned Read only
    My little doggie would just sit there and turn her little head sideways at an angle. I miss my little doggie.

My dog doesn't seem to know the difference.

I have 4 small dogs and they have seen me dressed many times so don't seem to care. But for some reason or other they seem to know that they aren't coming along with me when I go out. Very strange as usually going somewhere in the car is cause for a general meelee.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I doubt it. I don't have a dog.

Mine gives me the look like ok there he goes again changing the way he looks but she knows it is me.

mine definitely recognizes me, he sees me get dressed in the morning. He doesn't care, he just wants attention and treats!

My first thought when reading title of this thread was: "Now why would my dog be all dolled up?". Norah

My dog knows who I am and could care less. He is with me the most when I'm dressed. Jaymee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene-VA View Post
    For the last year I have been working on a stray cat who has been hanging around the cabin he comes twice a day for food and when I am in drab he will run right off the porch. However when I am dressed he will stay right near the food bowl and let me feed him.
    That sort of behavior indicates that the animal may have been abused by a male in the past.

As for a pet treating us differently when we're dressed, consider this - your pet sees you naked, sees you in all manner of different male clothes, shorts, long pants, winter outerwear, etc. It makes no difference to him/her. A dog or cat doesn't know that a particular piece of clothing is supposed to be worn by human males or females.

A wig might change things for a moment, but the pet will soon recognize you and from then on, it's just like the clothing. It doesn't matter.

Our puppy likes to chew on my wig hair. Of course she likes to chew on everything.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Yep, they do, they have better noses than eyes....