Thread: Bought Two Dresses Today!!

Bought Two Dresses Today!!

I've been doing this for years and was once very serious about it but never ventured out of the house. I don't dress often (two teenaged boys at home might have something to do with that ) but I've always wanted to go out and even put it on my bucket list. Well, it's time.

I bought two dresses today. For once, I did a little research and bought dresses that will (hopefully) look good on my big frame instead of what looked nice on the plus sized model. Just wanted to share. Now I've just got to get hair, makeup, and a few odds and ends. Can't wait to get ahold of them, try them on and take some pics.

Can't wait to see the pics Marlene!!!
    Hugs, Jules

I know the feeling. I have the teenage boy thing as well as the plus figure here too. No matter what I try black on the bottom and lighter tops seem to create the best illusion for me. And I would so love to look nice in a pink gown!

I hope your new dresses look great on you!
    "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."

-- Albert Einstein

Hope that you have a good experence.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinP View Post
    I know the feeling. I have the teenage boy thing as well as the plus figure here too. No matter what I try black on the bottom and lighter tops seem to create the best illusion for me. And I would so love to look nice in a pink gown!

I hope your new dresses look great on you!
    I'm sure most of us have the same problem to one extent or another, seeing a dress, lingerie, whatever and wishing we could wear it like that woman in catalog. Probably not unlike most GGs. I help my wife shop and the things we think (hope?) will look good don't always. Then you find the outfit that works and it look great. I didn't spend a lot of money and I can return both. If nothing else, these should give me an idea of what work, what doesn't and what size I really am. Like most of you probably, I don't fit the female size chart very closely, in measured to day. )( = no! || = yes and maybe even \ /

On the other hand, I do have nice boobs

Hope it works out well for you! Sizing for us is just so difficult!!!
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Marlene,
    Find an experienced CDer that goes OUT enfemme and get some help your first few times. I have done this and it is as rewarding for me as it is for the new initiate.

There is nothing like walking through a mall and getting ignored yet knowing how vulnerable you are. And because you did a good job, nobody notices you. Nirvana!
    Billie

That will be a serious step forward with teenagers in the house.
    All the best in your endeavors.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    That will be a serious step forward with teenagers in the house.
    All the best in your endeavors.
    Oh yeah. One can drive now and likes to come home from school to get stuff or eat lunch. I hardly ever feel safe. When I do go out, which is the end game, it will be away from home. I work from home, as does my wife who knows, and if it wasn't for the teenagers, I'd spend all day in pantyhose and heels.

That's great, sounds like you are moving forward in your journey

Thank god I have all girls, on the otherhand they steal my clothes and makeup, but then again yesterday I did ask and managed to wear one of the girls skater skirt to the mall.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Silver Member
    Keep moving in a positive direction! Remember - there is no standard of sizes in clothing from one manufacturer to the next. Even GGs have the same issue - trying to find something to wear that fits them! For a way to judge what female clothing may fit you, measure items that you are comfortable wearing such as your pants, your shirt. Use a tailors sewing tape, measure across the shoulders, shoulders to waist, or pant leg inseam & waist. To get an idea of what colors may look good on you, hold one of your wife's blouses/tops in front of you. Is it too dark, too light, does it compliment your skin/hair colors? What other color would look good with it? Watch what color combinations your wife wears, and other gals when you are out & about.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good luck, Marlene! I'm a big girl too, and it took some trial and error before I found dresses that suited me best