Thread: What's So Wrong With It?

What's So Wrong With It?

I am sitting here watching the tube and surfing the net wearing my comfy relaxing clothes and feet propped up on the foot stool. Every once in a while the shiny metallic blue polish on my toes will catch my eye.

Even though I have long, ugly feet somehow they look more attractive dressed up a little bit. That makes me wonder, what exactly is so wrong with a person with male DNA wanting to be groomed, wear nice clothing, and add some style with makeup and polish?

I understand society's whole sexual fixation and that somehow anyone who deviates from the perceived "norm" is somehow viewed as a threat of some kind. But really, what is terribly wrong with a person wanting to look nice? How is that really a threat to anyone?

Is a man dressed as a woman really a threat to anyone? Or is it that somehow the still male dominated society frowns on this because they're afraid they might find themselves thinking how attractive that person is, thus threatening their security as a hetero male?

Is it really just a matter of homophobia directed towards those of us who, while hetero, represent to them everything they are afraid of and insecure about?

Whatever. I just know I really like my toenail polish.

I tried to upload a pic of the polish. hope it works. Sorry about the ugly feet LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hun I have seen much worse on many GGs'. We all are just a little bit different.
    I agree with you totaly. I for one know that I can never be physically the person I am mentally. But I refuse to conform to the norm. I wear low rise flare cut jeans, short shorts, skirts, and all types of shoes ranging from Vans to Bongo heels. I wear cap sleave t-shirts and hoodies. I have my hair cut in a feminine short style. I have my ears peirced and wear jewelery. I get my eyebrows waxed very thin and love to have my nails, finger and toes done up in french tips. I shave my entire body because I hate body hair.
    Does all of this make me a bad or evil person. NO. I just like to make myself look, what I think, is good and for the most part, what makes me feel good and comfortable. Why is it that people have such a hard time accepting this. Its not like I am trying to corupt them or steal their children. I just want to be me. One funny thing: my wife had a hard time when I started wearing exclusivly womens clothes. She thought everyone would notice and freak out. Over time we have both learned that for the most part people just dont notice. The other day we went to JC Penny to get some pants. Size 11 long, low rise, stretch flares. I love the juniors looks and figure I better wear them while I still sorta kinda can. Anyway I got a couple of pair and I also saw a pair of high heel clogs. Now mind you my pants are long enough to drag on the ground. So I bought a pair of cloggs for both me and my wife. She wore hers out of the store and I got a hair up my rear and put mine on in the car. We then, much to my wife chegrin went back into the mall. Either no one noticed or no one cared cause no one said anything and I did not notice anyone. One thing I so wish that I could do with confidence is wear makeup.
    What is so wrong with a "male" wanting to make themselfs look and feel good, even if it is some what feminine? Can anyone answer me that!?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I hear you Jenny,

Why is it that gender is so important to the world? It's the first question that gets asked when we are born "is a boy or a girl?".

Depending upon the answer it triggers a whole set of responses and behavior for everyone around the baby. For the rest of our lives we will feel pressured to follow the "normal behavior" for our sex. Weird huh?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Thanx for the post. I was beginning to feel "not normal" with my blue nails. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

girlygirl2005
    I really dont understand why people are afraid of others being different. I mean, crossdressing and transsexualism isnt anything new if you think about it, but why are people like us still not accepted? Its one of the mysteries of the universe really. I know Id never be able to go out in public locally (or really within this state) because of my career status. I work for a large sound company that does many events all over this state, so really, no matter where I go, Id be noticed, and if word got back to my boss, my career would go down the drain. Six years of hard work = ziltch, and why? because society has a standard of normality. Even now-a-days you see teen guys out there wearing makeup, but its black mostly, and does anyone critisize them for wearing it? Not really. Do they get beat up and become victims of hate crimes? Not that I know of. What about the whole baggy clothes situation? thats not "normal" either, but its accepted. I think society needs a reality check really. Why is it that everyone can be individuals besides people like us in most situations? Why do most of us have to sit back and be scared of loosing friends, family, jobs, careers, our lives basically, to be who we want to be, or who we really are. It doesnt make sense to me.
    ---
    Thats my 2cents, live with it lol

Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by JennyCD
    I am sitting here watching the tube and surfing the net wearing my comfy relaxing clothes and feet propped up on the foot stool. Every once in a while the shiny metallic blue polish on my toes will catch my eye.

Even though I have long, ugly feet somehow they look more attractive dressed up a little bit. That makes me wonder, what exactly is so wrong with a person with male DNA wanting to be groomed, wear nice clothing, and add some style with makeup and polish?

I understand society's whole sexual fixation and that somehow anyone who deviates from the perceived "norm" is somehow viewed as a threat of some kind. But really, what is terribly wrong with a person wanting to look nice? How is that really a threat to anyone?

Is a man dressed as a woman really a threat to anyone? Or is it that somehow the still male dominated society frowns on this because they're afraid they might find themselves thinking how attractive that person is, thus threatening their security as a hetero male?

Is it really just a matter of homophobia directed towards those of us who, while hetero, represent to them everything they are afraid of and insecure about?

Whatever. I just know I really like my toenail polish.

I tried to upload a pic of the polish. hope it works. Sorry about the ugly feet LOL
    I agree with you Jenny! There is nothing wrong with being who we are, it's society that needs to grow up and realise that their cookie cutter does not fit everyone.
    Luv Chelsea.

Smile

it is my thought that most men are afraid of men thet express there fem side is that they are afraid that they will be seen as gay because they think about non male things. they are afraid to admit that they are not 100% male and that is why they miss treat the women in there life and get very defencive when confronted with cd ts ortv male or females

Hon, I've given up debating the whole question. I just do what I want within my own home and let the world do whatever it wants to. I've stopped trying to be an analyst for the rest of the world. Quite frankly, I don't understand why young girls want to dress Goth/Lolita and look like death warmed over or why kids want to dress Grunge either but I don't judge them for it. (No offense intended to any of you who like to dress in those styles. Just my personal opinion there.) Oh, well, just spoutin' off a bit there.

Wink

Hey Sweetie!!!

You gonna let me borrow that polish

LOL sure

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    whatever makes you comfy is all that matters

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    Rigid gender roles are so important to most people because at one time when babies were born you wanted a boy to be born to take on the family chores. A lot of people lived in rural farming areas so you needed lots of boys to work your farm. A boy in skirts would not do. You can't marry them off very easy to get a son-in-law. So, we needed MEN! Times have changed but perceptions have not. The human mind is still trapped in the 19th century on some issues. If we don't appear to be manly enough the old ideas kick in.
    This is only my opinion and ideas. There is not space here for a full dissertation on the subject but this is the heart of the idea.
    Feel free to disagree because I am not always right just most of the time. LOL
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Sometimes you just have to stand outside the box and look inward.

Possible "normal" male perspective
    Hmm guys wearing girls clothes..pansies...they probably are gay to or they want to take it like a women. What kind of man is that. Hmm not a real man. Probably perverted and play with it while dressed up...weirdos.
    I'd hate to be around a person like that. Hope it's not contagious. Oh god what if they try to hit on me? Probably have to deck "it" to keep up my manly appearences so no one will see that i may be interested.

Possible "normal" female perspective
    OMFG a guy wearing a dress what a wuss. I don't want to be around a man like that. I sure as hell am not a lesbian ewwwww.
    Oh god look at his makeup and clothes. Geez looks better then i do but i won't admit that. I'll just smile or giggle and keep on going so "it" won't see that i'm jealous.

Thankful To Be A GIRL!!! tgirlkari's Avatar
    OK Girls here goes some ranting: Most Men are scared to death of women pure and simple, Men have been the ruling power for a long time and are being threatened everyday of losing that power and it's going to happen weather they like it or not so when a man see's you dressed he see's a traitor most women most mind you are accepting of it a feminized male is an alli now thats all my opion but think about it? I was born a male and taught to be a man but deep inside I'm a girl and dam glad I am I love it others don't....ok what ever.....Let me be me and you be you if I want to be pretty thats the way I'm gonna be I have pretty much broken free of the prison I had myself in not to many bricks to go to total freedom. BE YOURSELF!
    life with love will have some thorns but life without love will have no roses
    Live happy girls
    Kari

Lacie
    Hi Jenny,
    First of all the nails look fab and there is nothing wrong with your feet.
    As far as I can see, from the UK side of the pond we take a little more relaxed view of this whole crossdressing thing. If you look back through or history there have been so many different eras where male dress took on a very fem look, and we still have the true Scots wearing their kilts and frilly shirts and the Irish also have their kilts. Yes agrred they are termed as National costume but are worn everyday by some.
    We also have football (socer to your good selves) players who have been known to dress in sarongs and wear thongs.
    We think nothing of men wearing very long hair and having pierced ears.
    I wear satin thongs and panties most of the time as I find them much more comfortable than male briefs, but it does not make me any less a man as far as I can see.
    We are who we are and as long as we can accept that and live with it ourselves and do not try to force others to do the same, then we can all live together.
    Just be who you are and be happy.
    Hugs and kisses to all.
    Lacie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love the shiny nails also. Would your nail polish be some of the Sally Hansen metallics collection? I have a number of colors in the metallics that are between pink and lilac. Also silver and gold. Although the gold is almost impossible to find anymore. Keep painting your nails. Nothing wrong with looking good.

Is Love My Nails

i love the blue polish .,,nice ,,,and your feet are looking just fine.jerri ann cd(ms highheels)

I'm just chiming in to say I love your toenails.
    Hail Satin!

Well I have noticed

That almost all of the greatest firgures both "good" and "evil" have deviated from the norm. Progress does not exeist without the courage to take steps others are afraid of. So paint those toes.

And just go to a pool or a beach and look at some of the girls feet and you will feel better about yours. I have always had the same problem, but now I just want some open toe shoes. and my feet are pretty bad, they get stepped on a lot playing rugby.

Susan