Thread: Question for crossdressers!

Junior Member mike~the~islandman's Avatar

Question for crossdressers!

So, in the past year I've become really open to society that I'm transgender. I very often go out with makeup on, painted nails, and at night I visit clubs usually completely crossdressed. Most people don't really question it, but when they do I just reply "I feel like it."

I am being open fashionably, but in reality, I can't be expected to just go into detail that I personally identify more as a woman than a man but don't really feel the need to transition completely (for a myriad of reasons as well). I think that succinct answer is fair enough, and honest in the end.

But what about any of you? Do you ever get questioned and come up with elaborate stories as to why or be honest or what?

p.s. happy mothers day to all moms! ^_^
    "When you're in love you want to tell the world," -Carl Sagan

Gold Member
    I believe in Live and let live. You are not breaking any laws, and what society thinks is what they think.
    It took a good number of years to have Gay's accepted in society, it will just take US a little bit longer
    for us to be accepted. I just hope I live so long.
    Rader

I'm pretty meticulous when I present as female in public, which is about 1-3 times a month, usually 2 times a month.

However my shoulder legnth hair is mine, and so are the pierced ears, so there's no getting around that.

Hmm

"I am a TG, more specifically I am a transsexual. I dress this way because it is who I am and how I feel most comfortable."

Anything other than that I have to remember if I ever see that person again and I am terrible at making things up
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I tell everyone now, I'm out to all my family and friends, so it's no longer a big deal for me. It took a long time to get to this place though

I get questioned at parties I attend, because people think I am acting the part and they are intrigued.
    I get lots of questions an I give varied answers.
    It helps make the evening go round.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I haven't really been asked, as when I go out as Amy, I'm in full presentation, and not inclined to identify myself as anything other than Amy.

In male mode, about the only cue would be my long hair, in a ponytail. When asked about that, I just say, "Sabrina [my fiancee] likes it." No further explanation required.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I prefer to just be honest. If someone asks me about it I tell the truth. Why do I dress this way? It is the only way I know of to look like a girl. That is what I really am.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Most times I´m not asked when I go out as Maria Jose. If someone asks I just say I like it.

I have no need to explain myself. If someone has a problem with it, it's theirs, not mine.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm out to a number of people and so far have never had a negative reaction, at least they haven't expressed it. If I'm asked why, I just say "I can't explain it, I'm just more comfortable this way." Funny thing is that I sometimes get the response "Yes, I can see that." Now maybe I should follow Jessica's example and just be out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I tend to answer questions as simply and minimally as possible regarding my presentation. I just say, "because I like to". If pressed, I wave them off and move on to the next subject establishing that no, their inquiring minds really do not need to know. Respect my boundaries because I respect yours.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

I am out to most everyone i know and most at work know (except for clients). If asked why i do it, i usually simply say thats the way i feel compfortable.

Aspiring Member
    I don't think that I particularly fool anyone (pass) and I go out as Annie quite frequently (3-4 times a week) for various errands. To this day, I have never been asked why I dress (do it) or had anyone ask questions about being a cd. I stand corrected; my physician and I have had several discusssions mainly because she was not familiar with cd's or transgendered; and she wanted to get to better understand me and get to know me. I have been going out to the bank (lobby), food shopping, clothes shopping, gas/lottery tickets, Home Depot/Lowe's, jogging trails, everywhere that I might go in male mode. I must add that when I frequent these same places dressed in male mode I am more uncomfortable than when Annie for fear that I might be recognized. Talk about paranoid.

I just tell people: "When it stops being fun, I'll quit doing it."
    Phoebe

Platinum Member
    Certainly people have asked me "why", and my answer is as accurate and honest as possible. I don't know the exact why, only that its likely that either genetics or the hormonal of the womb lead me to develop a gender identity that is decidedly tilted towards female. That's the clinical part. I go on to explain that I dress as I do to express the way I feel inside. Of course, some people are thoroughly confused and may never get it, but that's not my problem.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by mike~the~islandman
    So, in the past year I've become really open to society that I'm transgender. I very often go out with makeup on, painted nails, and at night I visit clubs usually completely crossdressed. Most people don't really question it, but when they do I just reply "I feel like it."
    Well, if you’re really transgender, as you say (or think) you are, then that’s what you should tell people. Saying something like, “I feel like it” implies something other than transgender. Doing something because you feel like doing it and doing something because you MUST do it are two very different things, my dear...

PS – What “island” would you be on in Ohio? Just wondering...

If I have the time to tell a complete stranger about a very PERSONAL aspect in my life, and feel it safe, I certainly will. I stated previously "I can't be expected to just go into detail that I personally identify more as a woman than a man but don't really feel the need to transition completely" meaning, I'm well aware of who I am deep inside after of years of questioning. I said I will occasionally say "I feel like it" because its hard to just tell a stranger standing around you while your out in public why your wearing eyeshadow and nail polish and carry a tote bag, etc. Thus, I wondered if others experience the same situation. Being in public and being questioned, and wondering "what I should say?"

I understand what you meant though...there is a difference between "feeling" it and deeply "knowing" it...

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    Well, if you’re really transgender, as you say (or think) you are, then that’s what you should tell people. Saying something like, “I feel like it” implies something other than transgender. Doing something because you feel like doing it and doing something because you MUST do it are two very different things, my dear...

PS – What “island” would you be on in Ohio? Just wondering...
    Last edited by mike~the~islandman; 05-13-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If I am in full on girl mode I never get that question.
    In 50/50 mode I just say its the way I dress no need to explain any further.

I can definitely relate! Years ago I would of never left my bedroom if the amount of people who know about me now knew then. I just wasn't ready. It was more of a midnight catharsis, leading to depression the next day (since I naturally wanted to live this way all the time). Now I am "me" 24/7. And rarely do I encounter people who are bothered or unduly nosy. But they pop up every now and then...

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    I tell everyone now, I'm out to all my family and friends, so it's no longer a big deal for me. It took a long time to get to this place though

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    99% of the time I don't get asked why I'm dressed the way I am or why I'm doing what I'm doing. Having said that, the times I have been asked why? my answer depends on the person, situation etc. I either say "I'm a transgendered person" and leave it at that, or if I feel like going into details I tend to go with the "Eddie Izzard type answer" where he says he is a "male tomboy". In other words, know I am a genetic male but I strongly identify with and enjoy the types of things and activities that are normally associated as being labeled as "feminine" ... which includes dressing in feminine clothes, embracing a feminine attitude, and for many of us CDers, presenting as "female" in public.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 05-13-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Most people don't care to be honest.
    Some are disgusted I'm sure but most I find are just curious.If they are friendly towards me I'm friendly back.

Only my wife knows I crossdress and when she asks my why, I reply honestly that I'm not sure. I suspect it's because my mother really wanted a daughter, not a son and dressed me as a girl when no one else was around a few times when I was very young. I've told her about that.

I don't really care why, I just do it. It doesn't hurt anybody as long as no one else finds out.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I normally just say that I like it or its part of who I am. Occasionally people become a bit more interested later and I go further in depth about my bi-gender identity then
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

It's the only way my body and mind can agree on anything.