Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comes and Goes Cycle?

Hi! You've described my life! I've gone from massive extremes of feelings and needs which confuse the he'll out of me. One end of the spectrum is dressing as much as possible, seeing a psychologist and arranging hormone treatment to cancelling that treatment, not dressing for months and nearly purging. I'm in a "loving dressing" period again now. A rollercoaster for sure.

I definately go back and forth. There are times when I can't stop thinking about it, and times that it never crosses my mind. The really thick pink fog rolls in three or four times a year.

Absolutely there are cycles! I'm on an "off" cycle right now and it's pissing me off!!! I mean, I just break out and start meeting people and all of a sudden my desire has just fizzled. I mean, I want the pink fog back, it's just not there.

I don't want to purge or anything, I just don't feel that strongly about it. But, iin retrospect, this often occurs. My cycles run for multiple months, maybe 3-4 months at a time. Warm weather usually puts me in a Non-Dressing mindset because there are so many other things to do. That and it gets practically unbearable under a wig when you don't have central AC.

Then fall comes and BAM! Sweater dresses, tights, yee ha!
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Fifi,

I've only been dressing fully for about 15 months so probably not fully qualified to give an opinion.

The desire to dress has been cyclical but not to the point of wanting to purge. How can I throw away my lovely dresses, skirts and tops?

I had a short period where medication gave me a temporary chemical castration which definitely put a stop to any desire to dress too! My dressing is not sexually motivated now, although it was once upon a time, so it was a bit of a worry.

That said, I also get the urge to dress for days then it subsides in intensity, but never really goes away. I'm in a 'loving to dress whenever I can' phase at the moment. Must be the summer temperatures in the UK (a whopping 15 centigrade at the moment)

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Yes, definitely

Yes, I have cycles too. I went through a strong cycle a couple of months back where I could hardly think of anything else. Then a few weeks ago a family crisis made cross-dressing the last thing on my mind. Now that that's settled, a new dressing cycle is beginning...

Aspiring Member
    Being a underdresser the thought or feeling of not wearing a bra and panties on a daily bascis has not left me in many years now some times I think I can live with out them but I dont make it long usually 3 days

Due to my work schedule, it used to be a strictly Winter thing for me. But thinking about it would gradually build at the end of August, I'd plan outfits for months, build up an arsenal of hot makeup and lashes, fill one of my backpacking packs with a melange of clothes, cosmetics, breast forms, and some experimental items (especially before the breast forms). When I'd finally have the time and space to dress, I'd pull an all-nighter extravaganza trying all the thing i'd saved up. It was a blast, but in the early days would lead to a lot of guilt and uncertainty, and unfortunately an inevitable purge.

Things are a bit different now, keeping track of my cycles and getting older has given me the perspective that I need to recognize and enjoy this part of myself. When I don't feel like dressing, it is right. When I do feel like dressing, it is also right. I've become happy with this new interesting depth of my own personality.

The extremity of those original cycles was necessary for me to find this great balance. As others have said ' Go with the flow".
    "When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better." -Mae West

Oh yeah, been like that for ever, which is how long I've been dressing. In younger days it could be months between wanting to which led to many purges when I finally started buying my own clothes. Seems like the "on" stretches are getting closer together and lasting longer these days. Tried many times to figure out why or when or what triggers it. Only thing I can say is that if I am in an "off" stretch, seeing a woman dressed in something I like to wear can turn the switch back on.

I find that my male and female poles alternate in cycles that can last weeks and months. This year for example I did not dress at all from the middle of January until mid- March. From Mid-march until this week, I dressed nearly every day, usually for the full day and evening. This past weekend I flipped back to the guy end of the spectrum and am mostly immersed in my masculine stuff, working in my wood workshop, digging in the garden, mending the kayaks, not thinking about girling up. I never know how long a cycle will last. I've learned to pay attention to my genuine appetite, not to my habits nor to the expectations of others. How do I really feel today?

I experienced the same long cycling when I was younger and immersed in BDSM power-exchange relationships. I cycled from dom to sub over weeks and months, and with one girlfriend, also a switch, we organized power transfer rituals where the dom and sub would trade places and formally begin the next cycle.

I don't understand any of this. I don't have to understand it to be OK with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena-4now View Post
    I really do think that body chemistry has something to do with it all. Although ours are not as strong as a women's, Men do definitely have a similar monthly hormonal cycle and our levels of estrogen and testostorene fluctuate.
    Marlena you are right about the time of the month cycles. I wrote earlier about getting in tune with your body. I feel the urge to dress on certain days of the month, and now since retiring have the time to go enfemme all day on those days. When I do that it seems to satisfy a need that my mind and body wants. Just reading the forum sometimes can trigger a certain small amount of dressing. I call this out side stimulus and this is not the hormones that are telling me to dress. Out side stimulus can be satisfied sometimes by only wearing panties or toes painted and in myself usually is more sexual and just needs a sexual release. The Hormonal or cycles inside me tell me that I need, want and have to go dress all the way on certain days of the month to fulfill an emotional part of me. I can be cranky or irritated easily if I don't answer its call. It is more of an emotional release and can be sexual or not to be satisfying. Maybe we could get us a grant form the government and do a study on this to support our exciting habit of clothes, makeup and shoe buying....lol
    We would share all the grant money with all the lovely ladies on here that agree to let us study their habits and we would get the royalties off the books and television appearances. Of course dressed enfemme in our interviews. Ok who wants to sign up first.......Jaylyn