Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comes and Goes Cycle?

Comes and Goes Cycle?

Gals, how often does the coming and going cycle last for you? Sometimes I find I will need to dress dress dress and I can do nothing but think about dressing all day and all night. This can last for 3-7 days where I literally think about dressing for 24 hours a day.

Then I can go 3-7 days without thinking one thought of dressing. Almost to a point where I wonder why I even dressed in the first place? Like it's so far removed from me that I could "purge" in a second and throw away all my clothes in a second?

Does this happen to you gals too? Or is it more consistent day to day thing? Is there some hormonal cycle that I am not aware of? Sleep cycle? Stress Cycle?

Yes! I quit trying to figure it out though. It also took a purge or two before I quit throwing things out. In some cases it was good because I got to shop again for better stuff ) Now I just go with the flow.
    ~Amanda

Yes Fifi, it has been an on again off again ride for me also. A lot of this has been due to the circumstances surrounding me and having the freedom to pursue my fem side. I've gone through the whole spectrum of thoughts and emotions concerning my overwhelming desire to dress and present myself as a woman, never came up with the answer as to why, or why it comes and goes. I can tell you this much, it has never completely gone away. I have been at this for almost 50 yrs. and I dress more of the time now as Kandy than I do my male counterpart. As I grow older and more free to pursue my pleasure I find I am very comfortable being Kandy and I just don't care what the rest of the world thinks. Didn't mean to ramble on but perhaps I've helped you to think before you purge, most likely you'll wish you hadn't somewhere down the road.
    Last edited by Kandy Barr; 05-14-2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: typo error
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Yes, exactly like you described. I don't know what sets/resets the cycle.

Sometimes my cycle can be months. When I am busy at work I may go 6-8-10 weeks without dressing (not counting wearing panties at work).
    Stephanie

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    My dressing cycle started last July and has only intensified. Even a few days is tough.

I'm with Kandi on this. The cycles come and go over the years. And, as most report here, as we get older we typically find more self acceptance in the process and just go with it all more freely. It get's easier. Hang in there...

Kate

Platinum Member
    Hi Fifi, I dress every day a couple hours in the morning and a couple hours in the evening
    through out the day I think about what to wear to night.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I remember those cycles very well! I finally put an end to them by dressing full time! Since I got rid of all my male clothes it doesn't matter weather I feel up to dressing or not! I have no choice! I like it better this way!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I find that if I don't feel well, I don't feel like dressing. I also find that if I have something to do that I enjoy, dressing takes a back seat to this activity even if it's for several days or more.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just do what you want to do when you can do it and enjoy yourself. No sense overthinking things.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

As you proceed down the long road of X dressing and the years flow by, the cycles are less noticeable.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Over the years, it seems that my cycle was influenced by opportunities to dress. When I was single and living alone, I NEEDED to dress 3-4 times a week, and I did. Married now, with a child, fewer opportunities seem to have tempered my need.

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure if I experienced cycles or periods of repression. Ther was a lull when I was in the army, and by the time I married, I hadn't dressed for a coupe of years. But once my wife drew out my deeply buried interest, I didn't have a real off period form many years. Then came the divorce and I stopped dressing for nearly five years. Since then, I've gradually expanded from underdressing to going fully en femme. For the past decades, its been like a ratchet...advancing by a few clicks but never receding.

I have the same feelings as you Fifi, sometimes all I can think of is dressing and then there are periods of time that it is not on my mind at all.

Aspiring Member
    I don't have any cycles about being dressed. It's more about the definition of dressing for me. Look at at most women. They wear jeans, slacks, tops, sneakers----pretty much as men do too. Hypothetically, if I wanted to crossdress to look like a man, I'd be wearing a suit and tie. If you mean fully dressed with a dress, makeup, wig, totally presenting as female, well I do that now and then. Normally I wear what women wear on a daily basis. I'm retired and can be dressed at any time but mostly it's casual and practical usually adding earrings and a wig. I do wear nightgowns or women's pajamas to bed every night. Hope this makes some sense.

Cheryl

defiantly go through cycles, not quite to the extent of needing to purge(any more). I think purging has something to do with ones acceptance of self once i accepted the fact that this is part of who i really am the thought of it being wrong went away. my cycles are almost like having a period bout once a month for a week i cant stop thinking about getting dun up
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    There are definitely times when it completely leaves me. Those times never seem to last for very long, a week or two at most. Then it'll hit me out of the blue so heavy ... the proverbial ton of bricks. In those moments I'll feel like ... the best way I can describe it, is when your plane has just landed, and you're waiting out that infernal interval between landing and finally being able to stand up, wiggle out of your seat get the hell off the plane and actually move around. It's like that in that it feels like I'll just go insane if I can't let this side of me breathe, even if only for an hour or two.

My experience is that there are lots of things that contribute to that on again / off again status. Stress is one thing ... the consistent variety (work deadlines, family hassles, car problems, leaky roofs, etc), those tend to drive me to want girly time. Actual crisis type stuff (something has happened to a loved one, something happened at work and you might get fired, wife actually wrecked the car, etc) ... those types of things tend to make me completely forget that I even have a feminine side, and make me not want to even think about it.

Then there are other things like the changing of the seasons. It never fails, when fall hits, and when spring hits, it just opens me up and all the girlyness inside spills out like a busted pinata.

I'm not sure I that it's really a "cycle" for me though. All things being equal, my default state seems to settle on wanting to crossdress most of the time.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

it comes and goes and like you sometime i have the need to dress non stop. other times it can go months were i dont feel the need. for me when i am stressed i need to dress,

I used to dress more often and my cycles were weeks or even months. Like Nicole said, it was influenced by opportunity as much as desire. I haven't dressed in more than hosiery, heels and lingerie in years mainly due to teenagers. My wife working at home slowed things too. She knows but she never appreciated me calling in sick and spending the day playing while she worked. Now I work from home too but the teenagers have a car. They come home at will. Now I'm relegated to times they are really gone, not just at school or a friends.

I wear tights and panties most days and fully dress a couple of nights a week usually, but earlier on this year I went through a period off about six to eight weeks when I just couldn't be bothered to dress. I would think about it and plan what I was going to wear but when time came lost interest, even my wife trying to encourage me made no difference, couldn't be bothered.

As I have aged I have come more to listen to what my mind, body and spiritual being is telling me.. Many people donor listen to their own needs or wants. Most of the stiflers to this have already been said here. Stress, bills, repairs, work, family duties and the things that have to be dealt with causes us to lose touch with ourselves. Sometimes these can build and we can become a demon in our own skins. When I retired I did nothing but fished and hunted for two entire years. Being in the great outdoors and nature teaches us to slow down. To be successful in fishing or hunting one must think like and feel like the game or fish one pursues. This is what we lose site of when all the other things get in our way. We lose what we feel I our own bodies. Our bodies will tell us when to nourish ourselves, when we are in need of slumber, and even when a sick spell is coming on. We need to just listen to it. Learn what it is telling us. I dress because there's something inside that tells me to, I am religious because something inside tells me to, I love others because something inside feels right when do, I have cycles that my body says no that it is needing a change you are calling it cycles Fifi. I say you are I tune to your body telling you what it wants, go with it and you'll be surprised how good you can feel if you listen and get to know your inner self. Jaylyn

It used to come and go for me, but now its all the time. I underdress everyday and wear girl socks, tennis shoes, jeans, and sometimes tops.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifi
    …how often does the coming and going cycle last for you? Sometimes I find I will need to dress dress dress and I can do nothing but think about dressing all day and all night. This can last for 3-7 days where I literally think about dressing for 24 hours a day.
    I know I can dress at any time, but, since I like to delay pleasure, I wait for a moment when my dressing will enhance whatever I’m doing – I need a “cycle” of sorts to keep things interesting. I just crossdress for pleasure as the need arises, and it usually does…

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    It used to vary quite a bit in the beginning.

I had swings that lasted a week or two in which I either had an overwhelming urge to dress, or none at all. During the 'none at all' times I also questioned what I was doing and why. 'Gosh, why do I do that? Maybe I should stop for good. Is this really the best thing for me to be doing? Why am I like this?!' But then the desire returned to peak levels again, and off I went to my closet, thankful that I hadn't emptied it of feminine finery. The inner conflict was a bit like being a werewolf at times, dreading the change but then howling at the moon in joy after the transformation.

Lately though, the desire has been in 'on' mode for the most part. I am fortunate that I can dress for a portion of every day if I so choose, and often do (at least partially) every day for weeks or months on end. I do have lulls where I don't feel like indulging it, or don't have the time for it, but I don't really question my nature in these times anymore. I know that it's just a matter of time before I'm at it again. Truth be told, I really enjoy coming off of a lull now. The anticipation, the building desire, the feeling it gives me... I enjoy my CDing a lot more after abstaining for a few days.

New England, somewhere on the fringe of genderland
    Yes, there definetly has always been an ebb and flow to my feminine feels and the urge to dress. In fact , years ago I actually used to plot it on a calendar ! Being an engineer I was trying to determine the length of time between peaks and the duration of the most intense feelings. Every morning I would write a number from 1 to 10 on the calendar to indicate the intensity for that day. 1 would mean crossdressing was not on my mind at all and 10 would mean I couldn't think about anything else. My theory was that my feminine urges would follow a lunar cycle similar to a women's menstrual cycle. So I kept my record keeping up for about half a year and my results did seem to indicate a roughly monthly cycle. Of course it is possible that this was a self fulfilling prophecy and I was sub consciously fudging the data to support my hypothesis. However, I really do think that body chemistry has something to do with it all. Although ours are not as strong as a women's, Men do definitely have a similar monthly hormonal cycle and our levels of estrogen and testostorene fluctuate.