Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you do this?

Aspiring Member

Would you do this?

I'm sure many of us may have pent up feelings about our true selves. For myself I could burst. I've come out to a few GG friends with no repercussions. Who here would take the risk of gathering family and friends, and stand before them, and admit how they feel in the gender spectrum, whether it's as a crossdresser or someone who feels the need to transiton and fully live their life as a woman? I would only hope for love and acceptance, and probably a lot of help.

Cheryl

Hell Yea !! When ever there ready Just gather round an let me tell yall all about it ! I'm waiting ???

Not me. I think it would cause a bit of an embarrassing situation to some of the people and would not have a good effect as a more personal conversation with individuals or smaller groups who have similar outlooks at life and with respect to the relationship I have with them. But then I am not comfortable in crowds to begin with.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Nope, not my clan. Some would feel obligated to tell me that I'm in need of professional help and the rest would just shun me. None of my family live in the same town as me, and I'll just keep doing my thing until I get caught.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Aspiring Member
    I'm at the point of WGARA? I've got nothing to lose, and no one paying my salary! I could get hit by a bus tomorrow and lay partially comatose thinking I never really lived!

Cheryl

Silver Member
    All my family knows, but I don't push it on them. Do they approve or understand? Some do and some don't. Same with non family members and neighbors.

Timing would be bad since wife and I are planning a party in September to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Norah

No way. My family and friends couldn't handle it. I'd be unemployeed for sure. There are a few out there who think they know this or that but they don't really know what they think they know. I'm one who has been in several relationships in my life and been lucky enough that for the most part my ex'es have kept Alissa safe. I don't know what Alissa's future will be like but as long as I live in this place, she'll never get out of the house.

Sounds like a very brave thing to do as far as I am concerned.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Family see me dressed often, and give fashion advice. Telling boss would not improve his life any
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Platinum Member
    Not in that manner. I have come out to loved ones and friends and a few neighbors. With family and close friends itwas done privately and discreetly. I gave each of them room and time to come to theirown understanding and comfort level.

Silver Member
    No me personally, in my situation there would just be nothing gained from doing so.

Never in my wildest dreams would I come out to my family, my knows and approves but the rest and there are a lot of us would not understand. All my relatives are rednecks with a capital R. I am a house prisoner at least for a while.... Maybe one day it might happen but I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by AlissaMurray View Post
    No way. My family and friends couldn't handle it. I'd be unemployeed for sure. There are a few out there who think they know this or that but they don't really know what they think they know. I'm one who has been in several relationships in my life and been lucky enough that for the most part my ex'es have kept Alissa safe. I don't know what Alissa's future will be like but as long as I live in this place, she'll never get out of the house.
    You would only be unemployed if you came to work crossdressed, but what you do on your own time is your own business.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Hi.

Oh dear. if i say anything would you belive me or just say no way.

Not being a dresser or trans , yet...theres a difference,

My Heading,
    I told my story of, whats it like being female yet you are different .

my life as a woman. though percived as male. i knew at age 10 what i was & knew at a later date i would live as a woman first i had to grow into one, & getting to that stage i had to go through a lot of issues, & detail. The first one i told was Jos that i have something to say to you , ..i am a woman. ...Oh what did you say,... i am a woman, then all Hell broke loose, & for 8 years, yes it was very hard on Jos, we struggled through that, a bit later on we told Kaylyn , ( Daughter ) now 34. she in turn told our two son's 36 , 37. during some of the time our grandkids of cause now we have 11, with two more more on the way . so our family of 16 all know .

with in the time 'i was interviewed for Closeup & Cambell live our two main T V stations nation wide, plus our papers & then on 287 sites around the world, i had phone calls from two women iv known since 1958 & 1967 . so i was well known by many people over that time, plus all my new friends more so over the last 15 years. so they all know & have accepted i was never a male & a few knew in the 60's & a male friend Jos & i knew who told Jos he knew i was not male,

i have talked to many people in groups i was asked to take & tell of my life, whats it like liveing as a woman whos different.

Acceptance has been great, with very few not accepteing i am female .

Can i say in what ever you do you allso have to play your part in ...being ... accepted, i invited people into my life & told them what i was / am & said how youv seen me & how you will see me will be as a normal woman who happens to be female yet with a twist, im intersexed & i have so many friends yet for some of us it did & does come with a high price tag not just the money side ether an anuuld marrage, one son who has & is still struggling , though Kaylyn has accepted & after her melt down said well we still have a life so will get on with it,

Jos after all of what we went through has accepted i am a woman , we both have became stronger because of what we went through, still does not diminish what took place being intersex does have issues & getting through them can . well is.... bloody hard,

The future for Jos & i we are parted yet still love each other spend time together though Jos needs to be away from me we still get on very well. Jos matyget married again im not sure , for now we spend time with Kaylyn & her 4 kid's with a new bubby on the way. myself im happy by myself unless Jos wonts to come back to ...our... house / home or i need to look after her because of health issue's,
    for now things are ticking along quite nicely,

noel to noeleena, for the net.interview's.

noeleena. e. Loch-head.

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 05-15-2013 at 03:38 AM.

I wouldn't, not to everyone at once. I came out to my housemates all at once and my band all at once. If and when I come out to my parents I'll probably tell them both at the same time. Everyone else I've told so far its been one on one. Have been lucky enough to have no bad reactions at all but that still doesn't make me want to tell everyone else all at once
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Not in that manner. I have come out to loved ones and friends and a few neighbors. With family and close friends itwas done privately and discreetly. I gave each of them room and time to come to theirown understanding and comfort level.
    I agree. I think this is a private matter, not only for you, but for them as well, and needs a personal setting. There is a problem with groups of more than 2 people in that they look to each other for cues on how to respond and invariably it is the biggest mouth with the smallest mind that prevails; you are pursung a course doomed to failure.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    Not me. I think it would cause a bit of an embarrassing situation to some of the people
    Exactly, I feel it's not about me, it's about my loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
    Nope, not my clan. Some would feel obligated to tell me that I'm in need of professional help and the rest would just shun me.
    Leah
    That's what would happen too me also

Quote Originally Posted by AlissaMurray View Post
    No way. My family and friends couldn't handle it.

she'll never get out of the house.
    I would not put my children in that situation. Too young to understand.

Never say Never,

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Not in that manner. I have come out to loved ones and friends and a few neighbors. With family and close friends it was done privately and discreetly. I gave each of them room and time to come to their own understanding and comfort level.
    Kim. I totally agree and at the same time you would be doing it with class.

In my situation, my wife and children would be in a position that they're not ready for. I consider this a very private matter and have only and will only discuss this with my wife. At this point in time I'm happy so why muddy the waters.

I would not have the need to do this.I'm wondering what point and purpose it would serve. After all, when a girl becomes a woman she doesn't announce it at a family gathering, it's kind of obvious. In my own case, if members of my family wouldn't "get it" without an announcement, I would figure they were not paying attention or just didn't care.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    I would not. As a cross dresser, I feel no gender dysphoria, no confusion, no "woman" wanting to break out. As such, there is nothing that my family can do nor from which they can benefit by hearing that I am a cross dresser. My wife knows and that is both right and sufficient, for me.

No, I wouldn't do that. Courage has nothing to do with it. My crossdressing is important to me, but it isn't important to anyone else. It doesn't change anything about the relationships I have with others. Making a big announcement is like making a confession, and the only time that is appropriate is when you've done something wrong. I just wear what I wear and let others draw whatever conclusions they wish.

Only on a need to know basis. My wife, kids, mother and a cousin know.
    DonnaT

Not sure, there will be a a party this month, some of the people in attendance already know i like to wear skirts, depending on who else is there, i might just put one on and walk in.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

No. There is no good reason for it ( at this time ) except to shock them and message my own ego
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I wouldn't as a group meeting. Just a one on one with each person. Just yesterday I told my mom I'm taking hormones. If course she had the usual questions but it was all good in the end. As long I'm safe and happy she's got no problems
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please