Thread: Life Changes

Life Changes

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty scared. Over the last month or so, I've dealt with a lot of life changes. At the young age of 23, two weeks ago I had a mini stroke and I finally feel almost recovered. About a month ago, i got myself into a polyamorous relationship with two loving men, who have been with me on the road to recovery. All of this isn't the scary life changing part.

I have quit my job to find my self identity, and moved across state to Racine. Since I've been here, I have lived full time as Asp (my female name). My S/O's have been fully supportive of me and are happy with whatever decisions I make. I'm just scared. I think I'm changing my life too much at one time. I have gone out everyday, and nobody has said anything despite my lack of a wig, and having short hair.

I left everything behind to start anew. This is who I am, and anyone that didn't like it I left in the dust.

You are one tough, brave lady! I stand in awe of your strength.

You are a fabulous example of bravery; people who get medals in the military are terrified but overcome their fear and physical condition and do what has to be done!

Don't worry too much, people with your character are few and far between; you can achieve anything in life that you wish! The ride may be bumpy but you have the guts and perseverance to achieve!

On the cautious side, plan well before you act!

As you suggested, you may be well advised to not move toooo quickly.

May you achieve joy!

I totally commend you, Asp. I think Emogene was right on with the advice she gave.

One thing I would add is, if you think you're moving too fast, take a step back and relax and really enjoy all the fruit of your labors.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Asp, I am impressed! Few people have the strength of character to sacrifice so much to find their innermost self.

You've probably made enough drastic changes for awhile. Stay at this level now for awhile. Keep going out and enjoying life as who you really are. Let your hair grow, get it styled (that will really help your feminine state of mind, I'm in a position to know!). Be happy as what and who you are, and let the world know it.

Much happiness to you!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Asp...its good to hear that you are on the road to recovery. I can only imagine what a scare it was to be faced with a stroke and recovery..sounds like there is little or no permanent damage, which is good news.

I am sure that a life change feels great, but please be careful. Too much at one time can be such an overload and every major step must be thought out - just a little bit so that you have a safe and happy life in the future. Be well....

Fighting changes can be hard.
    I do advise not to get impatient and move too quickly.
    Unfortunately to make life easier and avoid ridicule and abuse, you may have to bend to some of society's so called norms for a while.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Those were courageous changes. I can't blame you for feeling scared because change is frightening. My hope is that there may be some way for you to retain your connections to family members. In the long course of your life, those connections are usually the strongest and most enduring.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Those were courageous changes. I can't blame you for feeling scared because change is frightening. My hope is that there may be some way for you to retain your connections to family members. In the long course of your life, those connections are usually the strongest and most enduring.
    I told all my family that I was going away for a while to find myself, and I deactivated my Facebook and changed my number. I a still talk to my little brother because he is my friend on Kik. He kind of just lets everyone know I'm still alive lol