Thread: The cost of your hobby $

The cost of your hobby $

Thinking on the cost of my hobby, per month
    Makeup $5
    Brunchs $25
    petrol $15
    Clothing (1 item every 3 months) approx $10 per month

Total monthly cost of around USD $55
    I would have consumed some brunchs and used petrol even in guy mode, so probably $25-$30 per month would be a better reflection of my dressing hobby.

Considering my daughter uses up about $60 on smokes each month, I think I've got a fairly good hobby
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

That's cheap. The $60 a month your daughter spends is only the beginning, the real cost comes later.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Add in a couple of hours of electrolysis every week and suddenly that $60 seems trivial!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi,

Outings with our groups morning tea's high tea's ,,trav, depends on the distance, some times 280 miles there & back. clothes get given lots, fabric get given so its time only on redoing & makeing new clothes, costs over all. per month avg 60 to 70 $ = a year around 800 $.

...noeleena...

I wish that I could match your budget...I don't try but I end up buying at least 1 pair of shoes a month, and that is definitely over $80 a month easy...<sigh> Dresses and other clothing items are every 2-3 months and a few pieces at a time...$100

Funny you should start a thread with this topic. It's just the kind of math I dislike doing only because the numbers would not look good for my wallet There are months where I get by on zero; but then there is the odd couple of weeks where all that belt-tightening goes out of the window.....lol!!! Bottom line is "I shudder to think"
    Sonia now has a flickr stream...can she interest you to hop over and take a peek?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/soniacd/
    She's also on Facebook now...and she'd like very much to be your friend
    http://www.facebook.com/sonia.cd1

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Thats a pretty good budget you have. I dont get to shop all too often but when I do it usually ends up about $50 for cloths, $40 for shoes, $40 for extras ( make up, cleaners, accesories ext..) and $40 for gas to run because I wont shop for cloths locally. Not a cheap hobby, especially when I am for the most part still in the closet. Soon I wanna splurge on a new set of forms and a better wig. That will be a pricey shopping adventure.
    Erica

Good timing on this subject. I was just thinking about how much I've been spending lately and the numbers were shocking. If I could stay within your budget I'd be a happy camper.

Jasmine

Quote Originally Posted by jasmine57 View Post
    Good timing on this subject. I was just thinking about how much I've been spending lately and the numbers were shocking. If I could stay within your budget I'd be a happy camper.
    I agree. I spend way too much on clothes and shoes. Not to mention what i spend at ULTA. sheeeshhh! There aught to be a law....

I have no budget. My So and I know what we can spend freely and what we can't. While she tends to spend hers on entertainment, I usually spend mine on new clothes. I have never stopped to add everything up in a months time but I am sure that $60 is a very low number lol Maybe next month I will do just that to see what I spend in a months time
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I go thru spells where I spend zero a month to sometimes in the hundreds. I am an impulse buyer and have always been that way. We set aside each month enough for the bills . The rest we usually blow on doing what we enjoy. It also depends on the hobby that I am in at that moment. Usually when I'm in the guy mode I spend more on hobbies. If I am with my lovely wife, in a guy mode and we are shopping for the essentials and she hits the makeup aisle I get this funny feeling. I guess that fog starts moving in and she asks if I need any makeup... I melt and get something that I may or may not need. Funny how just a stimulation such as a certain poster or advertisement for lipstick or eyeshadow can get the juices flowing inside. Then I usually end up spending too much. Ball park figure though if averaged out maybe $100.00 per month on the hobby. Especially as of late.

The cost of my hobby is really big. I record music so I have a studio I have spent thousands upon thousands on.

Since I am trans it is not a hobby it is just life, but it is expensive. lesee.....50$ hr electrolysis, $80 hr ..therapist.....HRT?......SRS......name change.......gender change legal work......who knows. Clothes I have plenty of and only get something now when I need it or see something I really like. Makeup as I need it is not too expensive.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I would guess that I spend about $100 a month.....Clothes, Makeup, Nails, new stockings.....it all adds up

My hobbies cost a mint.
    Last round world plane ticket and skiing, about $5000.
    My lifestyle about twenty bucks a week.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Girl? You need some kind of training. Or conditioning. One clothing item every three months? $10 per month average? You definitely need shopping therapy! No doubt about it! There must be some shopping support group for the oppressed females of the world. Just kidding.

Yesterday I picked up a very lovely maxi summer sundress at Sears for $19.99. It's tagged at $50. So do I count the dress as a $20 purchase or a $50 purchase? I picked up five pairs of lovely new Vanity Fair panties for less than $15. Do I count that as $15 or the ticketed price of $8.50 per pair? And, a great Nancy King slip for $12? Or the new Merona dress for $9.00, including shipping?

Girl, you need some shopping therapy.

If it was a hobby I would have to quit.

Let's see last month
    Makeup -60$
    Dresses-150$
    Jeans-40$
    Tops-20$
    Shoes-40$
    Razor blades (OK but you know what I mean) 15$
    Now when we get to the social part
    Drinks- 150$
    Gas to get drinks-50$

About 525$, I can't wait to start medical and surgical....
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm pretty cheap and always am looking for a bargain. Then I'll see something I have to have and all caution goes out the window. I think I spend about $100 a month on this hobby. I also own a Jaguar so the $100 a month seems like small change. I definitely get more bang for the buck crossdressing! Jaymee

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I don't even dare budget!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    I don't spend much more one make up, but I certainly average more than $10 per month on clothes. I probably spend at least $200 on clothes. But I'll admit, dressing has grown to be much more than a hobby for me.

this is a dangerous question....and im not going to answer it lol!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I probably spend an average of about $35 a month on girly things. Not very much really. I do most of my shopping at thrift and consignment stores, so my limited budget goes pretty far. If I more expendable income, I'm sure I'd be spending more.lol

I'm really high maintainance. Rarely a month goes by that I don't buy shoes $150-300, a purse $200-800, I only wear real jewellery, and high end jeans will be my downfall. That and collecting guitars...No wonder I drive a 2002 Grand Am.

I have only just started buying my own clothes, heels, dress and lingerie but am already looking for my next outfit. Maybe it's because I am new to owning my own but I think my girls wardrobe will take over my boys wardrobe.

My hobbies: PC video games, crossdressing, and bicycles.

Video games - I buy whenever there's a big discount on a game. On recent HOT game releases I wait for it to hit $25 to $30 then I buy. Sometimes I regret buying early when I could have waited 6 to 12 months for the game to hit $10, and then I look and see that I rarely played that game I paid a premium for.

Crossdressing - ever since 2005 when I hit a size 4 a gigantic expanse of clothes were available to me on my size... From ebay to Dept stores... I estimate by now I have a $50,000 collection of women's clothes. I recently had the urge to God to quit crossdressing twice but the clothes don't magically disappear + I get compensated for getting rid of them. Then later I go back to crossdressing and buying women's clothes.

My other big hobby is $37,065.18 worth of 1 hybrid, 14 bmx, 1 mtn, and 10 road bikes! 26 bikes in all! I tell myself not to buy any road bikes anymore but I still have a need for two expensive [about $2000] bmx bikes. I also have a lot of gear to go with biking, like tools, 4 helmuts, clothing, a car bike rack, & etc. I have $480 worth of complete Park Tools used to build and true wheels, and trueing my own wheels I saved about $380 from having bike shops to true my wheels. Plus I can touch up my true anytime now.

Aspiring Member
    Let's just put it this way: I like buying essentials like panties and bras online, and an occasional pair of jeans or a dress or tops. Then I cringe when the credit card statement comes in.

Cheryl