Thread: Fantastic support of a close gg friend...

Fantastic support of a close gg friend...

Just needed to share...

I never thought I would ever share my crossdressing story with anyone...but it happened. Last month, in a very special moment, I shared with a female colleague (who is also a very close friend) that I was a crossdresser. She had no idea...but would often make statements like I wish you were a girl so we could go shopping together...lol.

The timing just felt so right to share this and her response was exactly what I needed. She was open to listening, asked many questions, and even joked on occassion. She knew I was very serious and wanted to help as much as she could. She said, "maybe we could go shopping sometime!" and offered to get me anything I needed.

After talking for nearly two hours, we hugged, and headed to our respective homes. I texted her when I got home with a simple message: "thanks". We texted back and forth for a bit but she ended off with "you are still a pain in the butt". I knew with that comment that she 'got it' and still respected me for my male (and female) selves.

She has grown to be a real support and resource for me. I never thought I would have this and I am so grateful.

Thought I would share to let you know that there are indeed many good people out there who can accept and support.

Leah

Folks like your friend are few and far between Leah. Best wishes for the both of you.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I agree Kate...thanks so much.

Leah

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Folks like your friend are few and far between Leah.
    I have to disagree whole hardily with this statement. I have told next to all of my friends and SO and everyone else. Not one. Not one has said a negative comment. So I believe that there are a majority of people who would not care or be interested in knowing more. People are more open minded then we give each other credit for.

Now that said. Do they want a life with you? That is another subject all together.

Good for you Leah. Just remember to not go over board on her. Meaning. All you want to talk about is dressing. That is a sure way to put some distance in your friendship.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

That is completely awesome!!!! finding someone like that is like finding a needle in a haystack! I hope you two have many great times, shopping trips, and adventures together
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Aspiring Member
    Leah, that is a nice story! There is a middle ground here. Some will accept, and some my remain indifferent. You just have to feel out and be careful who you tell and who you can trust. In the past year I came out to some old GG friends and the acceptance was great and just what I needed. My hair stylist even gave a bag of makeup to play with!

I found it warm and amazing how many friends will still love, associate with, and accept your real personality. As long as we stay loving and friendly, BE friends to another in any other situation, and give love and respect, the odds are that the love and respect will return are very likely. It often boils down to sheer honesty. That's what friendships are partially made of.

Cheryl

So...now is the time to stop being a pain in the butt, and develop the friendship, as Leah!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I had a GG friend who not only went shopping with me but gave me makeovers and even let me try on her wedding dress. Friends like that are truly hard to come by. I'm happy for you.

Jasmine

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm happy for you she sounds like a great friend to have.

Aspiring Member
    Sometimes those closest to us can surprize us with love and acceptance. It has happened to me even recently where it's hard for me to comprehend. The problem is that we can be our own worst enemies fearing the worst in rejection or even humiliation, and those scary feelings of torch bearers coming to our house driving us out of town. Many of these feelings are truly unfounded. I'm slowly getting over those feelings. I just wish I could have gotten over it 30-40 years ago!

Cheryl

Platinum Member
    great and supportive friends are a blessing, of course. But I disagree with the notion that such friends are rare. If we fail to find them, perhaps its because we failed to look.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    great and supportive friends are a blessing, of course. But I disagree with the notion that such friends are rare. If we fail to find them, perhaps its because we failed to look.
    A-MEN sister! Nothing risked nothing gained. I think we like to wallow in our own self denial and create our own monsters in our minds to fight.

For reasons I won't go into now, I "came out" by FB message to a very dear and long-standing ( 30+ years) female friend, who lives about 100 miles away, a couple of weeks ago. I was in turmoil when I did, but as soon as I had hit the "enter" button I felt a certain relief. Message back .. " I have questions, but I don't want to do this over FB, come over sometime, no rush" Me .. "that would be good, and don't worry, I won't pitch up on your doorstep in a frock" .. She "I wouldn't mind if you did"
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

thank you for this. I came out to a friend who immediately let me borrow some of her things! Coming out was the best decision.

Although I have never come out in public, I feel that if I did I might have several that would support what I now do in my own home. My wife has truly embraced it and helps me dress and makeup and we go shopping together. I think there would be more than one thinks that would support all of us. Especially today as people are scared to be non politically correct. Some would just be quiet and talk after they got home but probably never to your face....I am so glad you found someone that helps you Leah it makes this all seem easier to accept why we do this. There are really some good folks left in the world.....Jaylyn

Hi Leah,

Excellent story. Glad you two met and have that connection. Hope you both have a blast shopping and get some goodies!

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Congratulations, Leah .. she sounds like a wonderful friend!

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    So I believe that there are a majority of people who would not care or be interested in knowing more. People are more open minded then we give each other credit for.

Now that said. Do they want a life with you? That is another subject all together.
    But isn't that the point? To tell people you feel close to and have them support you to the point where they WANT to go out with you dressed, introduce you to their other friends while you're dressed, bring you to the Christmas party, or if a male coworker, will support you dating his sister or daughter while you're dressed, etc. In other words, the definition of acceptance and support in my view, is to have close friends want to spend as much time with you in public dressed as in guy mode. This is how I support my SO.

It's true that most people won't say anything negative to your face. We live in an "I don't care what others do ... it's none of my business" world. But even if they are nice to you at arm's length (SAs, waitresses, post-office clerks, etc) how many of these people will want to include you closely in their lives?

I think we need to go a ways before this will happen.
    Reine

Hi Reine.

I think I wrote that line poorly. Nothing new there. What I meant was. People wouldn't care as in it it wouldn't bother them, or they would be interested to know more. Like ask question, be curious. Not to attack but to get information to deepen there understanding. In a good way mind you. all in a good way. or at least benign.

Some of the most heartfelt comments come from criticisms.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.