How could they not?! We share a back yard and last summer I decided to go ahead and suntan in a bikini back there. So I laid out on occasion all summer long and built up a nice little set of tan lines. Where I laid out is no more than 20 feet from their kitchen window, which is directly over their sink. I heard them rattling around at the sink repeatedly while I was laying out and had to screw up my courage to either lay out at all if I was just getting there, or to stay out if the sound started after I was already there.

Well, last week I came home from class and told them about a student who had asked my advice for counseling a TG youth. They were a little surprised by the student seeking me out and I told them that my students know I'm dual-gendered or gender-fluid. Well the guy takes that in for a moment then thanks me for trusting him enough to come out to him too.

I was astonished! I almost chuckled a bit, but then mentioned the suntanning. Neither he nor his girlfriend had noticed me! All that stress and screwing up my courage was for nothing!

Are we really that invisible to others? Have you done things that you just KNOW will out you, and it turns out the other people still had no idea?

~Rachel