Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is happening to me ???

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar

What is happening to me ???

Ok. So if anyone has followed my last thread. A week ago I went and did a little shopping. Hit Goodwill and Walmart. Went in guy mode, a bit nervous, not like I never shopped for girls cloths before just not all that often. Tried on some cloths and picked out a few things. I had posted pics and asked for advice and opinions. Took some notes and today I headed back out to pick up a few things to pair up with my last finds. Well as I hit Goodwill again, this time ( still in guy mode ) I walked in, for the most part knew what I was looking for, tried on a few things and bought what fit. BUT this time there were no nerves, no looking around like I was being watched. Had to ask the girl to open a dressing room, she asked how many items, so I showed her and she counted and let me in. When I was done shopping the girl that rang me up was so polite and never looked twice like why was a guy buying girl cloths. Hmmmm this is either getting easier or......
    Only problem I have now is finding my size. Goodwill doesnt carry a huge selection of size 3 & 4 skirts. So my next adventure wil be to Kohls and see if I can ask a SA for help. Ugh not sure if I am that ready yet.
    Last edited by Erica Marie; 05-15-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Erica

You are getting used to your surroundings.
    Size 3 & 4 skirts.
    You ought to diet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Erica, normal is an ever changing state. Enjoy the change. And eat a sandwich! Size 4?!?!?! I thought I was doing well in a size 8.

Silver Member
    Erica, Nothing negative is happening to you! You are becoming more confident and comfortable by accepting the feminine side of your life. As for finding size 3 & 4 skirts at Goodwill, that will be a real challenge, but you may just luck out one day. Kohls is a great place to find fashionable clothing - especially on the bargain racks! IMO, the more you know about what size fits you well (& is your style), the easier shopping will become! Enjoy your new adventures.

size 3 and 4? I hate you...

just kidding Erica.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Hi Erica Marie

I'd love to do that one day. Still too chicken. Thanks for leading by example!

Gee Erica, sz 3 or 4!!!! You should complain. Go out in girl mode and enjoy. LOL
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Erica Marie, what's happening to you is: You've found your best friend at that GoodWill. It's so hard to find someone understanding, who you feel comfortable around. I'm so happy for you, you look beautiful in your avatar!

Hugs,
    Staci

The next step up from a thrift store would be something like a BCF... very few SAs to approach you and ask. Most of the clothes are well laid out in rows by size....

You're right about being out and about and shopping. I've never had a problem at check out. I mean, come on, what check out person is going to pull the house mike and say, "hey everyone I've got a guy here at register 3 in girls clothes wanting to buy a bra, what should I do?" So yea, it get's easier....

Renne.....

Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    The next step up from a thrift store would be something like a BCF... very few SAs to approach you and ask.
    Renne, what is a BCF?

Banned Read only
    CONGRATS! You have now crossed that CDers line in the sand that separates UNFOUND fear of Mean Ol' Society to the REALITY that few people will care one iota how you dress as long as you treat them "right".

The sky is the limit now for you and no more leafing through catalogs and waiting for stuff of the wrong size or fit to arrive in the mail.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 05-16-2013 at 04:09 AM. Reason: 2nd line added

OMG!! I'd KILL to be a size 3 / 4! It does get easier the more you shop. Pretty soon you'll be on the pro circuit.

Ya, Your ready you can tell by the way wrote everything down.
    Every time you go out now it gets a little better.

I can fit into a size 3.... I'd need two.... one for each leg....

You need to start shopping a regular womens stores where they have all the sizes and a lot more selection....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    Add a 10 to that size 4 and you're in my neighborhood. Starving waif!

Erica, you'll be surprised what you can accomplish when you are determined enough. The sky is the limit! I still enjoy thrift stores after all these years. However the Goodwill seems to have gotten pricey. Yes. Finding the lower sizes isn't easy. Sometimes I can get away with a size 3 or 4 depending on the style. But I prefer a size 2. It fits better.
    A sale is a sale. That is money in the register. Most Sales associates don't give a hoot what you're buying when they ring you out to dry, meaning take all the money out of yer pocketbook. The ones that do don't have good customer service abilities. So don't pay them any attention. They aren't worth it.
    I used to joke that watching a CD shop is like watching a cheetah go after its prey. The elusive cross-dressed shopper. ZIP! ZING! GONE! In and out quickly. Most of the time with the incorrect size of garment. The store doesn't care because they know this customer won't be back later to exchange it. CD's have to live with their kill.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    The lack of size 3 to 4 skirts is one of my major pet peeves with Goodwill as well!!! Outside of that I hit Goodwill in male mode with zero problems, I just get in my find clothes "focus zone" and could care less about anything else.
    Of course I also meant Misses size 3-4 skirts, and not Juniors!
    Last edited by Jocelyn Quivers; 05-16-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Hi, I know what you mean - I absolutely love wearing short girly skirts too, hugs, Emma

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Once again. I hit Goodwill tonight. But this time in a different location than last time. Hoping to find a different selection. Did find two cute skirts. Size 4 a little loose but the selection wasnt too good. Looked for an hour trying to find a cute shirt, out of 4 rows of racks I had no luck. Either wrong size or wrong colors. I make a fairly good female but I suck at shopping. One thing I did notice this time was that the check out gal was older than the first two times and I could tell by her vibe she wasnt as cool with the idea of a guy buying skirts. Im sticking to my guns that the younger generation is more open minded.
    Erica

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Erica, normal is an ever changing state. Enjoy the change. And eat a sandwich! Size 4?!?!?! I thought I was doing well in a size 8.
    Me too...I thought I had it going on in a size 8 too. *picks up a bottle of water*

Seriously, Sears and J C Penny both offer free shipping to the store. No minimum purchase amount. Hope this helps.
    be sweet for me

-Renae

A girlfriend of mine once told me in confidence about the men who come in to "shop for their wives {wink,wink}" Said it happens so often nobody cares. I've bought in drab at Dillards, Belks, Dress Barn , etc. and never had a problem. Worst ever was some old bag of a carbon based life form in Macy's who made a big deal of me buying a bra. Anymore, I shop on line (convenient, big selection, price, etc.) at onestopplus. Of course they don't have anything less than a 12. OK by me as a 3 or 4 wouldn't even fit my wrist

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    3 -4 ? You need to eat something LOL
    Have a sammich.
    I can wear 5-6 in jeans sometimes because we all know sizes are all over the place.
    The GW close to me has tons of 0 -3 jeans all the time.

Sizes 3 and 4!?! Gosh, time I go for a run! But seriously I understand what your saying. Had the same thing happen to me today when I bought clear nail polish for my fingers. Didn't feel at all nervous! And good for you hon!

Oh, so envious, wish I could wear sizes close to those. I would think there would be plenty of them, I see things I like in those sizes all the time. Its the good looking 10-14 skirts (depending on cut) and the XL-16 tops that are a challenge. My fav store to shop in is JC Penny. they have great sale prices, much better quality than Kohls and I have never had a problem in one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Erica I know what you mean I am slowly getting out more and more and I am frightened but I want to keep going and experience more of the happiness of floating on this pink cloud. There is a fear in me that it could end suddenly, maybe badly, I don't know but I am almost out of control. Just another of life's roller coaster rides.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.