Thread: really dumb question about women's underwear

ma(((((WOMAN!!!)))))n KittyMuffin's Avatar

Question really dumb question about women's underwear

Ok I know this will sound dumb but here goes. What is the name for the "V"-shaped garment that women wear as underwear, which is equivelant to "tighty whities" for men? I know what it is I just don't know the name. I want to get some pair because that would be something I could wear to feel feminine all day without worry.

Also, I take a size 34/36 men's underwear. Is there any way of figuring out what the women's size would be? My skirt size is 10... is underwear numbered this way, too?

Thanks in advance!
    _________
    |PinkVan|_\__
    |_
    n_______n_|

Do you mean a hi cut panty?

Think that you maybe referring to a g-string....thong or full back. Given your waist size I would guess about a size 6 women's would be your size then. I am a 38/40 and I wear a size 8 (XL).

Hope this helps you!

Banned Read only
    Have a look through online catalogues to get the name of the style of panties you're looking for.
    Lots of crossdresing online stores have conversion charts for all items, not just panties.
    You could then order online from a high street store.
    Crossdressing stores tend to be a bit of a ripoff.
    Good luck with the panties hunt.

Love Angela XX

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    [quote=KittyMuffin]
    Also, I take a size 34/36 men's underwear. Is there any way of figuring out what the women's size would be? My skirt size is 10... is underwear numbered this way, too?

[quote]

Size 6 panties should work, maybe a 7

Try bikini briefs. They're nicely feminine (cause they're low-rise and hip-hugging) but have the full bottom of men's briefs.

That's what I wear all the time! Thongs bother my butt too much.

Bikini briefs are what you want!!

Also called half briefs, high cut... something along those lines.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

I will take a stab at it here, How about the ever popular Brazillian cut Bikini's & Thongs........
    [SIZE=4]Leilani68[/SIZE]

I agree with the majority here too. I think what you are looking for are Bikini style.

Now I'm going to throw a spanner in the works... as far as size goes.
    I recently ordered some clothes from Sears and thought I was doing well to work out I needed a size 18, measured bust and waist etc.
    Well I decided to order a pack of bikini style panties. I hadnt thought to measure hips, I dont have any so skirts always fit if I get the waist right (luckily I have a rounded butt).

I ordered a 42 which was size L, a size down from the XL(18), and figured they would be ok, then before the order arrived I figured I would measure and see (the anticipation was too much) and OMG I needed a 39-41(M) by my reckoning, there was no way they 'd fit.

The happy ending... when they arrived they fit perfectly.

The moral to the story... as far as sizing goes I'm discovering that girl clothes don't have any logical sizing. More a case of get in the ball park and if it fits you're lucky, especially from one line of clothes to another let alone a different store.

Jojo.

Sizes are a very difficult matter and of course UK Sizes differ from those in the USA or in Europe . For example my Panties are UK Size 22, European Size 50, French Size 52, and Italian Size 7.

You might find women's full briefs are most comfortalbe for a male to wear than Thongs, Tangas, Bikini briefs etc. I have always worn full briefs, covering the area from the belly button to the scrotum.

Banned Read only

panties

as for me...i wear low rise (most of the time), high cut (the rest of the time) panties. i wear a size 7 in low rise and a 6 in the high cut. (note to the sisters in the UK - these are US sizes )
    i just noticed - 50 posts!!!!!!!!!!!! yippeee