Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballet and crossdressing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ballet and crossdressing

Hi all.How many of you girls have taken ballet lessons,or think that dancewear,ballet outfits,ballet in general was the reason to start crossdressing ?And if there were ballet schools with classes for boys and men dressed total feminine as women,do you join them? G.G opinions for men wanna be ballerinas welcomed.

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    I started taking ballet about 3 years ago, to help me with my figure skating. I've taken group and private lessons. The group lessons are usually 1 other guy and 3 or 4 women. I've worn tights a few times - under running shorts; usually I wear tight lycra running pants. But, oh, the times I've been there wanting to be wearing something much more femme -- a tutu, leotards, anything! I'm not that "out" however.

It would be fun to attend a CD ballet class.

Balletwear and dressing desires.

I feel I'm just on the fringes of the original post here. Ballet slippers and certain other soft soled footwear are the original basis for my dressing, although it has expanded/widened enormously in the last few years. I've come to enjoy both the look and feel of some other dancewear such as leotards, tights, and leg warmers. I can't say I've had any interest in lessons or any other aspects of the "ballet life" but dearly love to view GGs (as well as other CDs) in soft sole ballet slippers. I feel that ballet slippers are every bit as femme as heels on CDs or GGs. That's not to say that I don't own far too many pairs of 5" heels, and do wear them when the situation is appropriate. Reana

I never took Ballet Lessons but shortly after I had started to borrow my sister's knickers I saw a documentary on BBC TV about a Ballet School and there were some boys in white vests wearing GIRLS' Navy blue cotton knickers practicing at the bars. "Lucky Blighters !" I thought, being able to openly wear Girls' panties although at the time I was myself happily wearing a pair of my sister's navy blue cotton "Montfort" briefs under my trousers. This of course was years before the film "Billy Elliot" about a British Boy who surmounts all the societal obstacles in a very butch Northern Working Class environment to train to become a Ballet Dancer .

Wink Hi Reana

From your two pictures, I wonder if you are wearing "Danskins?"

Also, I am wondering about your height?

We are indeed looking forward to more pictures.

ballet and crossdressing

Hi all..couldn't agree more! Ballet isw a great place to openly wear tights and a leotard whilst training your body to be graceful and elegant.I go to an adult ballet class ,however class regulations mean I have to wear boring black ballet tights.

Ballet is best

My first cd experiences were sneaking into my sisters room and putting on the black tights and ballet slippers she wore in dance class. I have a large collection of tights, leotards, ballet slippers. My favorite outfit around the house now is a thong boatneck lycra leotard, tights, ballet slippers and a long sweatshirt with a ballet graphic. Slip on a pair of jeans over the tights and a pair of flats or low heels and I can imagine going to dance class.
    I have taken ballet classes several times, dressed as a male dancer, black tights and white t-shirt, black capezio teknik slippers. Usually I was the only male in the class full of women in all sorts of leotard/tights/slipper combinations. It was wonderful, and I was accepted very well by the other members of the class. the women no longer view you as a "threatening" male but more like one of them in their world.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hiya ballerinagirl,

never taken a ballet class, but my mom was a ballerina so i grew up learning a bit about ballet and of course totally adoring divinely pretty ballet costumes. I love wearing all sorts of diff femme styles so have never been able to justify around $1000 on a prof tutu ... but i have got five or six amature styles like these which are inexpensive and divine to wear.

I hope you and the other girls in our ballet class, like them

twirl twirl pirroutte curtsey
    Tiffany
    flaunt it you'll get it
    [SIZE=3]Tiffany Tuesday[/SIZE]

My only connection with Ballet is dealing with the massage of those legs. Those dancers torture their legs and suffer terrible pains for their art work. It takes a hammer and chisel (not literally) to loosen the muscles and get them to relax (giving me pains in my hands and arms.) For which I need massage myself afterward.

I do not envy them their passion. They practice and practice and their work outs would put the roughest football player (American or English) in the dust. A paltry imitation is IMHO not what I would ever do, I have so much respect for them. BY the way, those Trocaderos are world class in their dances and they do everything well, I've seen them dance.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I LOVE crossdressing in ballet dancewear. It's not what really started me, but I eventually started to wear it because what started CD'ing for me was with spandex.

I haven't taken any visits to danceshops lately, but I used to when buying leotards and tights.

My favorite combo: black long-sleeved leotard worn over a pair of white footed tights.
    [SIZE="1"]i just wanna DANCE.

myspace[/SIZE]

still havent had the nerve to take a class - but do feel so femme in dance wear

Ballet was fun but tough

I took ballet lessons for a few years about 15 years ago. It was fun and a thrill to dress up in tights in public, but it was hard too. Great exercise. The closest I came to a fem outfit was to wear a leotard (under my tights ) or a pair of white tights (not pink ).
    Jeannie (a.k.a. Black Leotards)

Ballet I would think is a great outlet for a crossdresser because it's great exercise and it's fun dressing in a ballet outfit.

I like Tiffany Tuesdays ballet outfits. Looks great!

emmi

ballet and crossdressing

I've resumed ballet classes after a break of many years.At home in private I'm able to wear my lovely ladies white ballet tights and regulation RAD black leotard under a nice soft white twin set cardigan buttoned at the collar.I stand in front of a full length mirror at the barre doing plies.Unfortunately in the adult beginners ballet class that I've enrolled in I have to wear black ballet tights and a white tee shirt...no white or pink tights for "male" students are allowed.My main problem is that the most of the women in the class wear horrible looking leggings or cycling shorts..very few wear tights or leotards!! Why is this ?

Tiffany I love your tutus!!!!!! It would be so much fun to wear them. I would like to know where you got them. There is one that I would like to get that is all pink but I can't afford to have it custom made.

Thats when I started crossdressing. I would dress-up with my cousin in her ballet outfits and we would act like we would put on a show and she would teach me dance moves and stuff. The tights, leotard, tutu, and slippers were all a great combination. I still wouldn't mind buying a complete ballet outfit but I don't know where I would store a tutu.

I got my connections

I work for a dance studio as the lighting tech for their Spring Recitals. The daughter of the Dance Studio Owner is a very good friend to me and we were at the studio practicing some dance for a musical. I joked about how the dance makes me feel fem and she dared me to try on a costume of hers. So I did as well as a few others. The first one was all white with a long poofy tutu and clear straps. Another was a just a simple short blue dress and pointe shoes. We both had a good time dressing me up. Her mom (the owner)keeps saying that I should do a rountine with her daughters class wearing a matching costume and just go and have fun.

This fall, I directed a high school musical. At one point in a ballad type song all of the Knights (played by 6 guys and 3 girls as guys) were to come out and join the soloist. The nature of the song made me think it was a ballet moment during their enterence, so I ordered them all 24" poofy pink tutu's. I asked them all if they would wear a tutu and they all agreed. Picture 6 guys and 3 girls as guys (2 of which take dance) all dressed in their Baseball uniforms (Rather then costuming Knights with Knight looking costumes, I choose t-shirts with the Knights logo written across the front and a number on the back, they all wore girls softball pants and red socks) and the tutu. Lots of crossdressing going on in this show. I had a girl who takes dance lessons help create a danceline routine and this number was the big hit of the show. The guys actually wanted to keep their tutus, but I had to deny them that pleasure.

Where to you get your outfits?

Sounds like there are a lot of us girls that like the ballet tutu, tights, and pointe shoes. Where do you buy your outfits girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Staci
    Sounds like there are a lot of us girls that like the ballet tutu, tights, and pointe shoes. Where do you buy your outfits girls?
    I used to buy mine from the dancewear store about ten minutes away from me. But I haven't bought dancewear in quite a long time -- and I'm a bit hesitant to order them online because of the dance shop's name being tagged as the sender when I recieve the package. Don't want my parents to find it.
    [SIZE="1"]i just wanna DANCE.

myspace[/SIZE]

just some pics

just thought i would share a few pics of me in a my ballerina outfit. I got this one from Danskin, its my only one but i plan on getting more.[/B]
    Last edited by daniellalee; 02-11-2006 at 07:39 PM.

cute

you look so mad. Why? I'd be smiling

not mad

i'm not mad, thats just how i look naturally. lol

hi.girls.when i started this threat couldn't believe that so many girls like ballet or be dressed in dancewear.it's sad the fact that in big cities all over the world,there is not at least one dance school especially for crossdressers,where every one who feel feminine can take ballet,modern dance,rythmics gymnastics,aerobics,pilates or any other form of female training,dressed as a woman.i hope that there will be the moment that crossdressers can take ballet classes,dressed and treated as women equally with g.g.want to hear more,especially from new aged members,and some propositions on how and where we can gym as women.

I will always be a ballerina

Since my early teens I have always wanted to be a ballerina. At age 12, I was forced to attend my sister's ballet classes (three times a week), having to walk her home after class for her safety. The combination of the embarrassment of having to attend ballet classes, with the angelic ballet images, with the combination of sensuals scents (nylon, leather, young girls' dew, and a mixture of sweet perfumes,soaps and body sprays) soon consumed me. I found myself uncontrollably and deeply longing to be a girl and a pretty ballerina. Throughout my teens, at every opportunity I could (almost nightly), I would sneak into my sister's room to obtain items for my nightly class/recital- a pair of my her pink,black,red or white "used" tights, a black or red leotard, her pink leather ballet slippers or satin pointe shoes, and one of her tutus. Then alone in my room, illuminated only by moonlight, I would carefully and confidently dress myself just as the other ballerinas did in class. Then I would stand in front of the full length mirror, on the back of my closet door, and I would practise the same ballet positions, steps and movements as were taught to the other ballerinas in class that day. I was so in heaven during those self-taught classes. I was so at ease and comfortable being that angelic ballerina, intently positioning my feet, arms and hands just right for each positon and step.

Oh thank you for this thread and for taking me back to the most wonderful times of my life. A quick update- I now have my own tights, unitards, leotards, soft ballet slippers and pointe shoes, and several tutus. I have several ballet dvds, and I dress each morning as the ballerina I know I am, and begin each day with a ballet lesson/class. I am dressed now in pink danskin performance tights, pink thong leotard, short pink ballet dress, and with peach satin pointe shoes (Sasha's) securely tied to my feet. On your toes girls!!!