Thread: My wife looked at my heels!

My wife looked at my heels!

My wife came across a box in the garage and asked "what's this?". I told her it was a pair of heels I had ordered and needed to return. Much to my surprise, she asked if she could see them. I knew she didn't ever want to see my CD things (per our agreement), and so I reminded her of this, and offered to put the box away. But she wanted to look at them anyway, saying she didn't mind seeing some items, so long as I wasn't "sashaying" around in them. Maybe "one day" she'd be OK with that, she said.

"Wow, you have huge feet!", she exclaimed. She had never seen a size 13 women's shoe before. I imagine most women haven't. "They're cute, why are you returning them?", was her next reaction. I told her I was returning them b/c they're a tad too big. Then she told me about certain inserts you can put in women's shows to adjust the fit. After talking about the shoes more, she was inspired to go look at Zappos herself. I checked in on her after awhile, and she was looking for boring walking shoes. Since she has *no* heels, I told her I wanted to help her get out of her comfort zone, and did a quick search on heels in her size. Long story short, she ended up buying two, 2.5" pairs for herself! I was very proud of her. And after that she was curious to see what was available in size 13, and offered to help me look for some new pairs. Per her advice, I ended up buying 2 more!

http://www.zappos.com/vigotti-ulinda...fcTest=fcl%3A0

http://www.zappos.com/gabriella-roch...fcTest=fcl%3A0

I even asked if I could show her my 2 other pairs from my closet, and she said yes. Turns out one pair is too small for my feet and I've stretched it out. I didn't realize this. It was amazing to carry them down the stairs, put them on the floor next to her, and hear the clack of the heel. For once it wasn't just me hearing it.

It was thrilling and heart-warming to share all of that with her. I hope one day she won't mind seeing my dresses, or who knows, maybe even me in them. Even if not, it's great to know I have someone to share my shoes with.

Camille

Great progress and who knows maybe someday. At least there is hope
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Camille,
    You have been given the key words....
    "so long as I wasn't "sashaying" around in them"
    Good for you and may you continue to progress albeit slowly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That sounds great. She seems to be more accepting of your dressing, at least for the moment. Take it slow, but look at this as an opening.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Thanks for the link. These are heavenly and will look great with some of my outfits. I'm in the same situation where my wife doesn't want to see it so I'm happy for your progress.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Thanks for sharing Camille. It is posts like this that remind me to be patient and "Rome wasn't built in a day". Always struggling with wanting to rush things in my life. Always remember as I have to constantly remind myself "Good things come to those who wait".
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good news -- great shoes

GG/SO of a CD
    That is really great to hear! What a wonderful story. Hopefully she will realize that having a shopping buddy is FUN and this can be a FUN thing.

This is such a cute and encouraging story, I have found that it's those moments with my SO that feel the best. Maybe I feel prettier, maybe its because it's nice to have someone besides yourself to see. I DO know that it's those times that feel the best for me because they feel more intimate. This sounds like great progress and I couldn't be happier for you.

Miriam
    Even if it doesn't build to anything more with regard to the crossdressing, it's wonderful that something as simple as heels could lead to more common ground. Every little bit helps a relationship.

Miriam

That is such a nice story Camille, I'm very happy for you. Over time, if you don't annoy her with it, she'll probably come to realize that your CDing isn't really a threat and that orcing you to hide is not really worth the effort. It might take years, but the shoe episode is a good sign!
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

What a great story!

A similar thing happens between my SO and I. My SO often buys me clothes for my birthday or Christmas. She chooses things that it would never, ever occur to me to choose for myself, since I tend to stick to the tried and true. My style tends to be classic and streamlined (no frou-frou, no glitter, no flounces, etc). Yet invariably, everything she chooses looks GREAT on me, and I always end up loving to wear what she has given me! So I told her last month that she has now been officially designated my shopping consultant.

Sometimes it's nice to have someone gently nudge us out of our comfort zones and it's true that we can often be more objective or freer when it comes to someone else's style than our own.

Enjoy wearing those heels, they're very cute!
    Reine

Wow! As I read this, I started tearing up. what a wonderful feeling it is to have you wife embracing part of you that had to remain hidden for so long It is funny, my wife now asks me fashion advice and advice about shoes... She is not a heels kinda gal herself (almost always flats and gym shoes) but I have gotten her out of her shell a bit too. I hope you two continue to make progress and can share even more wonderful stories like this

sounds wonderful! Good for both of you! ...and, the shoes in your avatar are just DARLING!

Sounds awesome and big step forward me thinks. Pretty soon you may be sashaying around together in matching heels. With that said those shoes you got in your avatar are really nice. So my fiance and I were wondering if you could let us know where you got them. We both want a pair of them lol. You and your wife seem to have good taste in shoes I might add

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post

Thanks for the link. These are heavenly and will look great with some of my outfits. I'm in the same situation where my wife doesn't want to see it so I'm happy for your progress.
    I like them in camel. They would look great with my beige print dress. Billie Jean

Thanks all for the kind and encouraging comments. Before I forget, CD_blue here are the shoes from my avatar:

So the shoes all arrived. My wife's arrived first and she waited for me to try them on. Sadly, she wasn't enthralled with either pair and is sending them back. But I complimented her on stepping out of her comfort zone and at least trying. She now isn't afraid of a 2.5" heel, seeing it was as high as she thought.

Mine came today and I showed them to her (see attached photos). We both thought they were really cute out of the box. I was so excited to try the red satin ones. She had to get her haircut, so while she was out I played dress-up with the new ones. WooH! I didn't want to take the red ones off. The white ones are similar to ones I already have (in my avatar), but fit better and my wife says they have more visual interest too.

Whilst I was at it I gave the pink ones another try (the ones I was going to return). They do look cute, though I'm not sure if they really "go" with the dress I tried them with.

Opinions on any of the shoes?

Thanks again for all of your encouragement and support! It means a lot.

Camille
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's another angle on the white ones. I love the strap up the center.
    Attached Images Attached Images