Thread: CD meetup or support groups in SF Bay Area?

CD meetup or support groups in SF Bay Area?

I'm a long way off from leaving the house CD'd, if I'll ever even do it. Still, I'm curious to know if there are any CD meetup or support groups in the SF Bay Area? I know there is one up in Sacramento (River City Gems), but that seems a bit far away, as I live near San Jose.

I saw one Meetup group online ("TGCD Bay Area"), but it seems to cater to too wide of an audience for my taste. I'd only be interested in something that caters to just CD'ers.

Camille

I do not know of the various groups intimately but you need to google them as ther a few in the San Francisco bay area.
    Someone is bound to come along and lend help shortly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Camille

I am also in San Jose and have a locker at Carla's on Race. Carla's is a social club in as much as you can simply go there, get dressed, chat with any other girls there, go out to dinner with the group...

It is a nice place and the owner, Aejaie, is a delightful and extremely helpful person.

I am a member of the RCG group in SAC and attend their socials. It is an overnight trip for me but the girls are great and the socials are fun.

PM me is you want more information.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

There is another group Diablo Valley Girls (DVG) that meets at the 1220 Bar, the first Gay bar in Walnut Creek, 2 Mondays every month. I have been there and it is a nice low key group in an out of the way and safe location. They also have other functions like a barbecue and special dinners. There used to be a group Iloveitgirl near Fremont that would meet monthly. They still send out their newsletter, but I am not sure if they still meet. There is the TGSF group who a past member here carolinoakland (Carol) is one of the top people. I have not been to any of their functions. I think that Miki's recommendation for Carla's is a great first step. Go there check it out, maybe meet up with Miki, a great blossoming lady, and network to meet someone who is compatible with you and start to enjoy being out there, even if it is inside a safe place, which Carla's definitely is.

Camille
    I am also a SF Bay Area girl! I live in the North Bay Area. I have been to Carla's before also. That is where I bought my forms and first bra. My wife and I went there. The owner was so sweet and helpful. If I lived in San Jose I would definitely join their club. Good luck and when you are ready to go out let us all know. Allie knows how and where to go and has been so supportive of me. Miki is lovely and has also reached out to me. We could not live in a better place to be able to express ourselves as women!
    Suzanne
    Last edited by Suzanne F; 05-28-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    the 1220 Bar, the first Gay bar in Walnut Creek, .
    ...and the ONLY gay bar in Walnut Creek! Hell it's the only gay bar in the whole county!
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Camile,
    I'm in the Peninsula area but find going up to Sacramento to the RCG events is well worth the trip as they are a great group that I have enjoyed. I have also gone to DVG events at the 1220 which is also good.
    I would recommend going to both and then decide which is best for you.
    Rach
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

I too am on the Peninsula and would be interested in a local meetup, I have only recently ventured into the world of makup and could use some advice as well.

Camille and Emma,,and everyone else... Please try "Bay Area Tranny's" On the" Meetup" website We meet every third wednesday at a T.g. friendly bar called "Tinkers Damm" Santa Clara . Very accepting about 20 girls on any giving wednesday .. whether its your first time out or 24/7 easy parking lot just a quick few steps from car to door and your safely inside ..Great way to be a girl for the night ..email me if you need more info.
    "Girls will be boys ,boys will be girls its a mixed up world its a shook up world" {Kinks}

I used to live in walnut creek. I'm still in Contra Costa county, but I wonder if this bar would be a waste of time. I heard gays snd lesbians only tolerate crossdressers, but secretly dislike them becsuse it perpetuates the (false) stereotype that gay men like to crossdress.

Victoria, it is a good bar that accepts everyone. It used to be hidden with no sign nor address above the dimly lit entry door. They did that because years before they experienced those mysterious cans of paint or bricks that would somehow end up all over or through the glass windows. They remodeled it last year. The owner supports everyone and I have talked to him (that is where I got the brief history lesson). It is small, nothing fancy, good drinks, no so good wine and home to the DVG twice monthly meetings with no problems. Here in the Bay area based on my experience, if we act like humans we will be treated as such by our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters.

Regarding your stereotyping fears, I recommend that you ignore them or get over them. Hopefully, you understand that there is nothing wrong about being gay, nor wrong with being a truck driver, laborer or office work like I was. The words will only bother you if you let them bother you. Work on it and you will be so much freer to be you. Welcome to the forum and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

Thanks all for the great replies. I had never heard of Carla's before. It sounds like a great resource, especially for newbies. It's nice to hear about the other groups and places too.

I don't think I'm ready to go out of the house yet. Even then I would only ever do so if my wife approved, which I'm probably a long way off from (mostly due to her concern for my safety). I'm not even sure what I'd do or say if I met another CD'er..... but regardless, the thought of dressing up and being seen by other people, even if just in the confines of Carla's social club, is thrilling to me. I don't know what it is. Maybe being "seen" as a girl by someone else. Maybe knowing that I really should act the part when it's not just me alone in my home, and so it feeling more "real". Maybe just the opportunity to meet like minded people. But somehow I suspect one day (maybe in a few years) I'll venture out to some degree. Probably something like Carla's social club at first.

Thanks,
    Camille