Thread: girly handwriting!

girly girl

girly handwriting!

I have no idea where to place this post, hope this location is OK.

Back in high school ~25 years ago, someone signed my yearbook (a dude) and their architectural/drafting all-uppercase style of handwriting seemed so bold, so stylish. It was striking and it really made an impression on me. I liked it so much that I quit writing in my customary cursive and forced myself to start emulating his style of writing. I write that way exclusively to this day.

And now I am hoping I still have the ability to develop another style of handwriting. Girly handwriting! It's my new obsession.

The obsession started last week when I began to order clothing for a new schoolgirl ensemble - plaid skirt, white button down, black mary janes, white knee socks, white cotton panties and bra etc. Then I started thinking I might take some pictures of my bookworm self. That's when I got carried away buying props and little "add-ons" - it started with a headband, then pink vanity glasses, then bubble gum, then pink spiral notebooks. I'm even going to try and make fake braces. The list goes on but I'll stop there.

I decided it was practically mandatory to girlify the cover of the spiral notebook. So I bought markers and stickers and glitter. I wanted to practice a little before actually marking the front of my new notebook. So I opened to the first page and started doodling, writing my name, drawing little hearts and butterflies, etc. I was trying to write as fem as possible but it just wasn't looking too feminine.

Well that was three nights ago and since then I have been nearly obsessed with practicing a girly style of handwriting. I searched "girly handwriting" and found some examples and guidelines to practice with. In three nights I've spent about 4-5 hours practicing letters and figuring out what defines the style that I like.

After all these years I sometimes feel like I've run out of new ways to be and feel girly, and I'm SO glad to have found another way. There are always variations and exceptions, but in general most women seem to have much nicer handwriting than men. It's a little detail that I would like to develop for the growing Abby side of me. Can anyone else relate?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do have a more female style if I write my femme name.
    Not all that much different than my male style just a bit more embellished.

Not me, I write like a Doctor.....
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbygirl
    The obsession started last week when I began to order clothing for a new schoolgirl ensemble - plaid skirt, white button down, black mary janes, white knee socks, white cotton panties and bra etc. Then I started thinking I might take some pictures of my bookworm self.
    I’ve never attempted the girly handwriting, but you might want to take a look at my profile image – we are kindred spirits, I believe…

BTW, I DO have a pink notebook…

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I do practice my femme signature on occasion. I do try to write more carefully when en femme. In fact, I found I was lightening the pressure so much that the regular rollerball pens I use normally didn't work as well, so I carry a couple of Sharpie pens (an ultra-fine-point felt-tip) in my purse.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Haha, in drafting/ mech engineering I learned to write all caps and still do to this day. Right down to the triangle A's

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    The easiest way to write like a girl is to write neatly. but really, I have clear handwriting and all the girls tell me I have girlie writing.
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a terrible writer so a few hearts and flowers on the page throws them off.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ah, you are getting carried away, Abby, but I love it, it sounds like a wonderful fun project, and can't wait for the pictures!

I never have been able to perfect "girly handwriting," which sounds like a female form of print rather than the soft cursive style that I identify as feminine. Drove me nuts in third grade that the girls could make their letters look so pretty while mine looked like highways made of Z's and W's.

There are some tricks that I use now, not to create "girly handwriting," but to at least create a semblance of feminine cursive.

My notes are always on "feminine" stationary - cute little note cards, etc.
    I use a genuine nib type ink pen (like a "fountain pen") with a pastel blue ink or "Le Pen" by Marvy Uchida, a very fine tip soft pen found in art supply stores, in light blue.
    My cursive becomes smaller with a definite effort to form my letters carefully (I remember watching those third grade girls and they were always much more painstaking in how they wrote, at least until it became more automatic).
    I always use pretty stamps on the envelopes.

Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Silver Member
    When I was little, I was constantly scorned by teachers for my poor handwriting ("poor small motor skills", I think that is how they put it often... ironic given what I ended up doing for a living.) I also came of age when kids were all learning to type (on a computer keyboard), and given I spent so much time typing on a computer as a kid, I never really developed very good handwriting. In contrast, my mother writes in very elaborate cursive, which ironically I always have a hard time reading.

Hahahaha my handwriting is worse than a doctors! Yet I an a tattoo artist... not thats a bit confusing isn't it.....
    If someone figures it out, plz let my know...

Btw, I have been known to add little circles instead of dots and the occasional hearts..

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    I have terrible handwriting. And it's only gotten worse in the 12-13 years I've been working in IT and doing almost everything on the computer. It's a lost cause for me, but good on you if you can master it.

I fall in the worse than a doctor category! And I am left handed to boot!!!~
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Interesting thread! I also find myself adopting a softer, lighter touch to my handwriting when I'm dressed, and I hold a pen differently. But maybe it doesn't matter, since folks probably can't read most of my scrawl anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    I was always told mine looked like a druken spider had fallen into a ink pot and then staggered across the page.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For me to practice writing finely like a girl at this point in my life is kind of moot. You should see the way I sign my checks. Doctors have nothing on me Hon. You would have to convince me of the value of doing something like this to even consider it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I always had some problems with fine motor skills. I had a hard time learning how to tie my own shoes the traditional way (make one bow, and take the other bow and push it thru. So my parents taught me a different way. I make 2 bows and cross them over and under. And I still tie y shoes that way today, although I am quite capable of doing it either way.

know that I am probably dating myself, but in 1st quarter of 6th grade, I got a D in penmanship. So i found some girls who wrote very readible cursive and tried to emulate their style. And I successfully got my penmanship grade up.

By 7th grade, penmanship was no longer graded, so I turned in all those letters, like T, F, X and Z that gave me trouble and replaced them with printed letters.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.