Thread: OMG I cannot Believe I Bought Another Lolita Dress

OMG I cannot Believe I Bought Another Lolita Dress

I was going to stop buying Lolita style dresses. Even though this dress and blouse that I bought is more conservative looking than most of my dresses, it is still Lolita.
    I think this obsession with buying Lolita dresses is becoming more of an issue than being transgendered is. This is like the 15th time in the pass year I have said “This is the last one”.
    The next time I see my therapist I will have to address this issue. Between buying dresses and seeing a therapist about wearing dresses this transgender issue is costing me a lot of money. I feel a bit like a hamster on a running wheel.

Christine,
    You are obviously hooked on these dresses.
    They are an infectious style and do look attractive.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My Lolita/Little Girl™ thing feels very different than my need to express my female side.

I like being a woman in public somewhere around 1-3 times a month. I can wear anything, dresses, skirts, you name it.

Going all Grayson Perry, the British Artist, in public is not my game....except maybe for Halloween.

Either way, have fun and enjoy life. buy as many lolita dresses as you want.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine.Lolita
    I think this obsession with buying Lolita dresses is becoming more of an issue than being transgendered is. This is like the 15th time in the pass year I have said “This is the last one”. The next time I see my therapist I will have to address this issue. Between buying dresses and seeing a therapist about wearing dresses this transgender issue is costing me a lot of money. I feel a bit like a hamster on a running wheel.
    Personally, I would skip the therapist and keep buying Lolita dresses...

Quote Originally Posted by Christine.Lolita View Post
    I was going to stop buying Lolita style dresses. Even though this dress and blouse that I bought is more conservative looking than most of my dresses, it is still Lolita.
    I think this obsession with buying Lolita dresses is becoming more of an issue than being transgendered is. This is like the 15th time in the pass year I have said “This is the last one”.
    The next time I see my therapist I will have to address this issue. Between buying dresses and seeing a therapist about wearing dresses this transgender issue is costing me a lot of money. I feel a bit like a hamster on a running wheel.
    LOL, I know the feeling, i can never pass up a leather dress, skirt or tall boots....and it doestn matter how many i have. Keep being girl, at least you know what you like.

It it feels good wearing them than go for it. I sure would.

Banned Read only
    You definitely look cute in that style of dress. I read on your blog that you are considering wearing a style that may be viewed as more conventional. I would recommend doing a makeover and trying a casual business look. I think you would look wonderful in such a style. I think you are very passable, and, if you have concerns about being out and about en femme, you are very passable. I love full slips and have over 400 slips. I could never explain to anyone why I have so many other than to say that was my first introduction into cross dressing. Have you ever given any thought to any event in your youth that would direct you to Lolita style of dress? I wouldn't give them up, but, I would expand your wardrobe to include other styles. You never know! You may enjoy a new style.

Thanks for all the feedback. I am happiest wearing a Lolita style, and I prefer the classic style which is the most conservative. I am looking to do a makeover, so with that in mind when I ordered the new Lolita outfit I bought something that is not frilly and cute.
    The outfit is a black long sleeved collared blouse with a few Victorian style details on the front; the jumper dress is burgundy and has a clean A-line knee length skirt, there are two tiers of ruffles at the hem and no bows, except for the back sash ties. I will wear it with black pantyhose black pumps.
    It is very much an adult looking outfit at least in my view and my intention is to see how that image feels. I think it will be a good outfit to start moving toward a more conventional look. I do think business casual is where I will feel most comfortable.
    Of course I will always love the Lolita dresses and will continue to wear them, just not all the time.