Thread: Some people are cute

Some people are cute

The other day when I went to pay for my new bra and panties in the lingerie dept. the young female clerk smiled and asked if they were for me(I know it is none of her business)I said "what would you say if I said yes"She giggled and chuckled and we completed our trans action and off I went.Today when when I went to pay for my new eye liner and eye shadow the clerk asked "if they were mine"(again none of her business"I said yes and with a big smile she asked if I could wait for a couple of minutes and she went off and came back with some other eye shadow and said"you might prefer this"I made someones day and I got the right eye shadow.I am getting more confident and accepting of myself and life as a CDer.although still aware of being careful

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    That's cool, having a young female clerk help and encourage you. I bet that made you feel good, it would me.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You found a friend looks like.

Nice! Also, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I love that you wrote "trans action" with a space. Gives it a whole new meaning!
    "Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairytales"
    You can read my blog if you like, or peruse my photos if you feel like it.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Sounds like you found some very accepting places to shop. I would love interaction like that, it sure must put you at ease and you can leave with a smile on your face.
    Erica

GG/SO of a CD
    I love when sales people are nice like that. I always smile when I see a sales person treat someone who is "different" with dignity. Most noteworthy to me is when people have patience when dealing with those who are developmentally disabled, I love when they don't bat an eye. I have seen transgendered people get treated without dignity many of times, but just as many times treated like it was no big thing. Such a good shift in the world.

Is this makeup for you?

If I told you I'd have to shoot you.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Yes the make up is for me,I am trying different shades to see what looks best and lots of practice applying it to get it right.I was very surprisly excited to tell these young clerks the truth and get a positive response.My few encounters with the younger sales staff has been more positive than with older staff.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    A big step forward that just seems sneak up on you. Very cool Weyburn.

You get unexpected support from unexpected sources sometimes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's great for you and it shows acceptance from at least some of the public. I remember being in a national chain drug store maybe 25-30 years ago and I saw and overheard a pretty obvious crossdresser or transsexual asking the (young) clerk for help with makeup. The clerk refused to help. It might not have been her job as she was running the cash register, but she was pretty unfriendly about it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I had a young lady ask me...." you wear makeup?" I said.....yes don't you?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I've found over the years that if we don't make it a "big deal" most other folks won't either.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What a confidence builder, right?!

Platinum Member
    I had a similar experience years ago when I was just beginning to come out of my shell. I purchased some thigh high stay ups along with some panties at a lingerie store for the first time. The young female cashier asked if I was sure about the size on the stockings (queen) and I said I was. I blush easily and I did as I answered. She gave me a very big smile and asked me to wait, because she had something for me. She came back moments later with a pair of black, queen size suspender hose and commented that they couldn't sell opened hosiery, so would I like them? Of course I said yes and she gained an appreciative and loyal customer!

Platinum Member
    Hi Weyburn, A couple week ago I was in WAL*MART among other household items there was a package of hair dye for my wife
    the cashier asked, "is this for you" I id why is that going to be a problem, He didn't know what to say .

I said that getting old is mandatory but going grey is optional.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    I have had a few times when I was shopping that the SA was very friendly. Of those a few have resulted in dates before I married. One girl introduced me to her dad with, He buys all his clothes at the shop. She worked at a dress shop where I met her. Another time I was buying lingerie for my sister and the girl said everyone should have beautiful lingerie to wear in a way that let me know she meant me. She also indicated that didn't have a boyfriend to buy her things but wished she did. And, asked a bunch of leading questions.

Sooo, If you are out shopping and the girl gets friendly ask to buy her coffee or just ask her out.

"Trans action" Ha, Hilarious!
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"