Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To quit crossdressing

Banned Read only
    We ALL have choices. Choices as in SOME things we have control over and some we don't.

Problems ONLY arise when the things we DO have control over, make our lives "unpleasant" in one form or another. [almost always due to other Humans acceptance or lack thereof]

How much is one willing to "sacrifice" in their own life to please OTHER people is the real question and/or is it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    .................................. One theory that is gaining some support is that the cause may happen in the womb. Normally gender is determined by the father at the moment of conception. However chromosomal abnormalities do occur and the chances for chromosomal abnormalities increase with age. All babies start out with female sex organs and the male organs form from chemical stimulation of the female organs. The theory is that something may go wrong during this transition period that develops some years after birth into the “I feel like a woman trapped inside a man’s body.” Depending on the intensity of these thoughts the person may develop into either a transsexual or a crossdresser. Either way the situation is a lot more complex when it comes to not dressing than quitting smoking.
    People don't become crossdressers in the womb. The unborn and newly born have no concept of clothing belonging to one gender or the other. It's society that puts blue clothes on the ones with penises and pink on the ones with vaginas. There might be some sort of gender confusion in the unborn, but it has nothing to do with wearing heels and mini skirts. That is something that is developed later by interaction with society. Perhaps as an infant you noticed that babies wearing dresses got more attention and love than you did. Perhaps it was something else. Perhaps it's different for some of us than it is for others.

In any event, wearing women's clothes is something that you consciously do. Don't buy them, don't wear them, and you have quit.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    Well, you see, this is a lot like going on a forum for model airplane builders and stating that you’re trying to stop all the nonsense – how well do you think you’re going to be received? I’m on an artist discussion forum, and I’ve never seen someone say they would like to stop painting and do something meaningful with their life. I know, you’re equating crossdressing with other, more debilitating perverted sexual practices, and my argument must make NO sense to you, but you’re on a site where people are the way they are, through no fault of their own (for the most part), and the idea of stopping crossdressing is, to them, like considering cessation of breathing
    I don't see anything wrong with this thread. AFAIK, there are no forums for ex-cd's. This is the closest thing to dealing with the subject at hand. what about a separate section for ex-cd's?

I don't think there's anything wrong with crossdressing, but crossdressing in high school and the sexual experiences that went with it have probably had a bigger impact on my sexual identity than I ever thought it would. Is it wrong to discuss that kind of stuff here?

See you later team.
    Thanks for the comments.
    I'm out!

Aspiring Member
    Here is a loooooong treatise on the subject of quitting. Much too long for me to read right now. But it might be worth checking out.

http://mycdrecovery.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mary something View Post
    Don't let societies misguided and completely ignorant views on some topics make you feel bad about yourself.
    Mary,

Thank you for your word of wisdom and points about women wearing men's clothing being quite acceptable to society. We need to stop accepting and creating shame for ourselves because there is nothing wrong with us or what we do. Crossdressing is not a problem; it is part of who we are!!

Jamie
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    We need to stop accepting and creating shame for ourselves because there is nothing wrong with us or what we do. Crossdressing is not a problem; it is part of who we are.
    It is a problem for some. And it might be part of who you are but not everyone else.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We are all different so maybe a place for ex CD's to discuss the issue is of value.

"moral: crossdressing is apart of us and we cannot give it up for anyone! we must embrace it.......... "

Not, this is not the moral. Your moral is "Crossdressing is a part of me and I cannot give it up for anyone!" But you are not qualified to speak for everyone. NOBDOY is qualified to speak for everyone. My moral is "Anything I can choose to do, I can also choose not to do."

Deedee

Ladies plz with me there are times when I want to give it up because maybe it wasnt me anymore and I am focusing on everything else but still its a part me that I cant change. Just be happy with yourself and dont change for anyone else

I'm at a point in my life too whereas I should just quit, OR go full time woman. Kudos to you for doing what is best for you. Dressing is not the center of my life or does my life evolve around it.

So maybe there needs to be a forum as you suggest here that gives support for those who have been cross dressers and for one reason or another have decided to repress that practice.
    For me I am who I am and the feminine side of my personality has been dominant for most of my life.

Annette

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We should support those that have or want to quit somehow but that is up to the mods not us.

We cant change that about our selevs

Correction I cant change about giving up crossdressing

2 Legit to Quit... Sorry
    I'm mostly sure that I will wear female clothes at times from here on out. I still think of it as dress up, and so fun!

Quote Originally Posted by IngeInCO View Post
    2 Legit to Quit... Sorry
    I'm mostly sure that I will wear female clothes at times from here on out. I still think of it as dress up, and so fun!
    I Agree with you hun

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annette Todd View Post
    So maybe there needs to be a forum as you suggest here that gives support for those who have been cross dressers and for one reason or another have decided to repress that practice.
    For me I am who I am and the feminine side of my personality has been dominant for most of my life.

Annette

http://cdreflections.wordpress.com/

well here you go.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Wink Quitting is really sho shimple!

Asz Sam said, we shpend rots of trime, enargy, and momey on dreshing!

Sho, just frind someshing else that will commands your atteshion in thoshe tings.

It worked for me! I threw everyting inrto drinking and compretery gave up dreshing for neary a month. Wel, I'm brack drssing again. But, I'm not doing it vewy well. Wonder if da drinkin has somsing to dru wit dat?

Maybe I chould ttwy model twain shets next?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Me I living at gma house for time being til I get my own place

Maybe I misread the OP but it seems to me what she is saying really has nothing to do with quitting dressing. Rather it is an attempt to get us to realize that society, in many ways, already openly accepts crossdressers and what we need to work on is our own feelings of inadequacey and guilt that we CHOOSE to associate with our dressing.

Mary, please correct me if I am wrong but I feel you were saying to choose whatever clothes you want to wear and don't let what society thinks determine how you feel about yourself.

BTW, I agree 100%!!!

Hugs.
    Shelby.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    Maybe I misread the OP but it seems to me what she is saying really has nothing to do with quitting dressing. Rather it is an attempt to get us to realize that society, in many ways, already openly accepts crossdressers and what we need to work on is our own feelings of inadequacey and guilt that we CHOOSE to associate with our dressing.

Mary, please correct me if I am wrong but I feel you were saying to choose whatever clothes you want to wear and don't let what society thinks determine how you feel about yourself.

BTW, I agree 100%!!!

Hugs.
    Shelby.
    Who's Mary? Yes, Shelby you must be over-reading between the lines or responding to a different thread.

Sam is trying to quit, has been CD free for over a year, but has been having thoughts and urges to dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    We should support those that have or want to quit somehow but that is up to the mods not us.
    Maybe this forum isn´t the best place for that. Not because it would harm our poor sensitive eyes, but because reading about the rest of us could be too tempting for those quitting. If Sam does take it up to himself to create a support forum for ex-crossdressers, that would be great, and maybe it could be linked to somewhere in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by cd23 View Post
    We cant change that about our selevs
    Well, you can´t, I can´t, but other people can, because it´s not a part of themselves, just something they do for reasons different than gender identity. They have all the right to feel different about crossdressing and to try and quit it when they want. Nobody is telling you to quit. We shouldn´t try to project our own experiences on everybody else.
    Life is a dream we wake from.

A prominent psychologist told me that there is no cure to cross dressing. By cure I mean that the desire will no longer be there. I quit dressing for over 5 years, but mentally or the desire to cross dress remained. I wish you success on your efforts.