Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argh!

Argh!

My wife and I are going to a Christmas party this Saturday. She just found out the other women are wearing a dress to the function. Now she is pissed she has to wear one. She just said, "damn, now I have to go out and get a new dress". I told her I'm just as upset as she. "Whys that", she asked. I told her I'm pissed that I can't wear a dress there. To appease my sadness I offered to go help her with her shopping. Talk about Irony!
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Be a loving husband and offer to wear the dress instead!

Julia

Julia,
    I tried that. She said, "you can't"

We just had another exchange.
    She was blow drying her hair and "ugh, I can't believe I have to wear dress", and then, "maybe I can buy some nice shoes and wear my nice black velvet pants?"
    I replied, "I can't believe we're having this conversation"
    She, "what, that I don't want to wear a dress?"
    Me, "well, they you don't and I do". "Don't you see the irony in this?"
    She, "I don't have to like wearing a dress because I'm a woman"
    Me, "I would love to and told her that was one of the reasons I wanted to go to the triess Christmas party"
    She, "what to get all dressed up?"
    Me, "well, one of the reasons, yes"
    She, "well, you're just weird"

I then offered her to wear my dress, this one:
    She's is considering it. That would be soo cool! My wife wearing my dress. I'll have to live vicariously through her. It's the best I can do.

You can find more photos of the dress here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=18993

I feel like I'm running an ebay ad! LOL

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sophia Rearen; 12-15-2005 at 11:38 AM.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

It's ironic, I agree. My exwife did the same and worse. She hated hose, dresses, really anything too overtly feminine as she felt it was man's way of controlling women. Imagine the compexity of our marriage, I could not wear those things as she greatly disapproved and she refused to wear them as well so I could not even live vicariously through her.

Since then, I have had several girlfriends, some who loved dressing and others who also hated to dress up and would do anything to remain in their jeans.

I feel your pain.

By the way, you are very pretty in your photo.

Julia

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    The interesting thing is that more and more women are wanting to dress up less and less. Given enough time the only people out there who will be wearing nice dresses will be male to female cross dressers
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Talking

Maybe then they will make dresses that fit our form better!

Julia

HI Sophia

If there is anything I've learned in this life, don't try to understand GGs. You can't! My wife is like many GGs, blue jeans and tee shirts! She can't understand why I want to wear bras, pantyhose, girdles and etc. She says they are so uncomfortable. She says I'm weird in wanting to do so. I think she is weird for not want to. Now ain't that a hoot.

Vivian

Julia,
    Thanks for the compliment.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Wow

Sophia, I missed your picture the first time reading this thread. You are beautiful. I love that black dress. If I looked as good as you I don't know what I would do. Wow!

Vivian

I guess we are all a little wierd! I have actually educated a few GG's on how to pick the right kind of hose so that they will enjoy them. Read the package, understand what the features are and which are best for your body shape and they will fit well and be very comfortable. Or you can do as my GF does, and just ask me to buy them for her.

Julia

Vivian,
    Thank you for the compliment. You certainly know how to make a girl feel great about herself. Wow, thanks again, I think I might be blushing but I can't tell through my three day beard. LOL
    I can find nothing uncomfortable about wearing a dress or skirt. And I'm trying to understand their pain. About the only negative I've discovered is the lack of pockets. But, that's not a comfort issue.
    BTW, of course, she has complained about having to wear hose as well. Now panty hose I might understand. However, how can you complain about a garter belt and stockings
    Last edited by Sophia Rearen; 12-14-2005 at 11:05 AM.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

My wife actually likes to wear nice dresses for church and special occassions. She wants a new one for Christmas Eve and is mad because there are so few in the stores in some of the malls around here in her size (16W). Once again, the problem is created by fewer and fewer women wearing dresses. I would loan my wife one of mine, but my size 20 dresses are a bit too big for her. We are going shopping together again today to try and find something she likes.

Sophia, I think if your dress will fit your wife, it's a fine idea for her to wear it to a party. You may have to coach her on what to say about where she got it when she gets complimented on it - and I'm sure she would be, as it looks so good on you.
    Phoebe

Hi Sophia

Iv had this chat last night with her in doors!! We are of to a party on Saturday but a tranny do
    We have both agreed to go in the same skirt which we got last week and tops
    I never thought she would ever go out with me soom time back and now she,s
    trying to out do me shes got no chance!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe Reece
    Sophia, I think if your dress will fit your wife, it's a fine idea for her to wear it to a party. You may have to coach her on what to say about where she got it when she gets complimented on it - and I'm sure she would be, as it looks so good on you.
    I wonder how the ones commenting will react when she says, "Why thank you, it's one of my husbands."
    DonnaT

choice

it's the choice thing ",the grass is greener on the other side of the fence" they" girls" can chose what they want to where most of the time we "males" have no choice pants " its the fact that she feels she "Must" where a dress that rubs her wrong, as for hose and heels ect they ll go together so they hate them as well its just the flip side of what we do , they have choises we dont ,when they dont have a choise they hate it we live with it ( and crossdress )
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Ahhh Sophia, the bitter irony of it all. I think you would look lovely wearing your dress to the party. Its amazing, the world over, how much women take for granted. Simple things like clothing and the rituals of getting ready to go out. How many of us would change places and relieve them of all their feminine burdens in a heart beat.

Kim

Sophia Is A Knockout!

The little black dress is a success on you deary! And way, way to go with the matching open toes. It's always so refreshing to see a real lady with that kind of style and elegance. I must have that DRESS! Love & kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Darlena
    The little black dress is a success on you deary! And way, way to go with the matching open toes. It's always so refreshing to see a real lady with that kind of style and elegance. I must have that DRESS! Love & kisses,
    Darlena,
    Thank you for your sweet compliments. And your so funny. I think the only other time I've been called deary is by diner waitresses!

Hi Girls,
    I had to step away and vaccuum the house before my wife gets home. More irony. Not because I waited 'til the last minute, I do that all the time, I am part man as well.

Thanks for all your compliments. While vaccuuming I was thinking of my latest rant for my other thread. If you want to reply, you may do so here [URL="http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19187&page=5"]

Donna, What makes that funnier its a room party full of contractors.
    Kim, I could definitely help relieve their burden.
    Erica, there's so much snow on the ground here. Maybe that add's to my confusion
    Michelle, don't you dare let her do that!
    Phoebe, Any chance you could go down to a 16? How great would that be? You and your supportive wife sharing clothes?

Thanks again. I'm off to rant.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

you look very passable

I must say you look very passable and that is a lovely dress
    you got that Sandra Bullock look nice
    jessica

Youngirl at Heart

Question Question for GGs

I also have heard the complaints from GGs about how uncomfortable dresses, nylons, and heels are. (In fact, since I got married a little over ten years ago, my wife has worn a dress only one time that I remember--to a funeral.) But here's what I'd like to ask a GG (and maybe I should start with my wife):

You don't like to be forced to wear dresses, nylons, and heels, but what if you were told that not only do you NOT HAVE TO wear them, but that you would NEVER BE ALLOWED to wear them? Would you like that better?

By the way, Sophia, great dress! I WANT ONE!
    Sidney -- Youngirl at Heart

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes. I had one thousand sixty." --Imelda Marcos

"Real men don't need to define what a 'real man' is." --Sidney

Jessica,
    I'll definitely take that compliment. Tha'ts cool.

Hi girls, I'm back from ranting. Whew! That feels better.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    veary nice and even cooler if she told every one who she got it from....

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Rearen
    Julia,
    I tried that. She said, "you can't"

We just had another exchange.
    She was blow drying her hair and "ugh, I can't believe I have to wear dress", and then, "maybe I can buy some nice shoes and wear my nice black velvet pants?"
    I replied, "I can't believe we're having this conversation"
    She, "what, that I don't want to wear a dress?"
    Me, "well, they you don't and I do". "Don't you see the irony in this?"
    She, "I don't have to like wearing a dress because I'm a woman"
    Me, "I would love to and told her that was one of the reasons I wanted to go to the triess Christmas party"
    She, "what to get all dressed up?"
    Me, "well, one of the reasons, yes"
    She, "well, you're just weird"

I then offered her to wear my dress, this one:
    She's is considering it. That would be soo cool! My wife wearing my dress. I'll have to live vicariously through her. It's the best I can do.
    I'd really hate to see you two get into a tiff over who's wearing the dress so I think I may have an answer for ya....How about if I graciously accept the responsibility of wearing the dress?

Sophia --
    First all that dress is lovely on you and you are lovely, too. Hope your wife decides to wear it. It's such a kick seeing your wife wearing a dress that you've worn. In my house, I share some of hers, but she has yet to borrow any of mine! Not because she doesn't want to, but I am not the one who has borne four children. She's just so close to fitting into a couple of mine that I think it won't be long before I have the pleasure (and honor) of seeing her walking around in one of my favorites.
    P.S. She is another GG that can't see my fascination with pantyhose and bras.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Nice dress. It looks good on you! I have a dress with a plain illusion top which
    I also love and wore to a party once. I'd recommend that you get a strapless bra, as I did. Bra straps just ruin the look.

Regarding your wife's outfit... Just because some of the other women are wearing a dress doesn't mean she must. Peer pressure should not be that significant for an adult.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Last edited by Christina Nicole; 12-14-2005 at 09:52 PM.